Snorkel Beach Park Updates??

TomAndJane

Does anyone know if you can come & go? For instance, I was thinking that since I have young kids, maybe we could go to Snorkel Park in the morning, go back to the boat for lunch, then go back to Snorkel Park. Just wondering if by leaving does that forfeit our chairs. 

7 hours ago, Eliz0919 said:

Does anyone know if you can come & go? For instance, I was thinking that since I have young kids, maybe we could go to Snorkel Park in the morning, go back to the boat for lunch, then go back to Snorkel Park. Just wondering if by leaving does that forfeit our chairs. 

The sign from last year says daily entrance pass and daily lounge rental. And they call it a club. To me that would mean you can come and go but honestly that is my interpretation. That may not be what they mean. Also that was last season. That was their first  season managing it. I would not assume that they will be doing the same thing this season. There were a bunch of reviews last year on TripAdvisor that the cynic in me would call phony because they all mention one person. If you do go take water shoes. It is rocky and there has also been broken glass issues on the beach in the past. The location is convenient to the ship but to me it is a dump, looked dumpy, and it actually used to be a dump. But if they have really spruced it up that would be good. No way though would I pay their fees when I could go to one of the worlds most beautiful natural beaches, Horseshoe Bay. 

Thanks for all this great info, Charles; it is much appreciated. I agree, Horseshoe Bay is beautiful, I was just thinking that Snorkel Park would be convenient because we’re traveling with a 3 & 1 year old. You gave me a lot to consider. 

18 minutes ago, Eliz0919 said:

Thanks for all this great info, Charles; it is much appreciated. I agree, Horseshoe Bay is beautiful, I was just thinking that Snorkel Park would be convenient because we’re traveling with a 3 & 1 year old. You gave me a lot to consider. 

When is your cruise? @latebloomer56 is going to be cruising to Bermuda in late April and has mentioned going to Snorkel Park with sons. That might be when we could get up to date information. 

Edited by Charles4515

5 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

When is your cruise? @latebloomer56 is going to be cruising to Bermuda in late April and has mentioned going to Snorkel Park with sons. That might be when we could get up to date information. 

I will post a picture of the board and the beach if we go. They like Horseshoe as well but Snorkel is close by.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eliz0919 said:

Look on Amazon for Gorich beach tent.  Weighs 3.5 lbs.  We bought one for our cruise last month and loved it.  We used it in Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire.   Very easy to assemble.  I wish I had this for naps when my kids were young.  Invest also in a portable cooler or insulated lunch bag.  A lot cheaper than snorkel beach.  Go to Horseshoe with it.

Screenshot_20230328_065610.jpg

20230224_113048.jpg

4 minutes ago, Eliz0919 said:

Thanks everyone! My cruise is around Memorial Day. @latebloomer56 that would be great if you could post pictures (but don’t go out of your way!). 

Not an issue pretty sure the guys will want to go there as soon as we dock. Even though it's double the price for a Sunday. They are adults their choice but they will get some pictures and send them to me if I don't go.

We had visited Snorkel Park to use the beach a few years ago and it was barely okay - small, crowded. Nothing like the other beaches.  We went by there last year and it seems it has been purchased and run by another company and the entry fees were way too high for what it was and therefore not worth it to us.  Close - yes.  Recommend - no.  Might be okay for some.

• Like 1

When I visited Bermuda in October 2022, we went to the mini-golf location behind the Snorkel Beach.  While we played all 18 holes, we never saw anyone at Snorkel Beach - it was completely empty.   We did have one friend who went the day before to see if there was any actual snorkeling - she said the key was to swim past the marked area and go around the 'the rocky corner' to where there is still some coral and fish.  Otherwise, if you stay in their 'perimeter' you won't see anything.  

That said, we had limited ability to swim / snorkel due to the rough seas left by a passing hurricane.  If you have smoother weather, taking a bus to a better beach for both swimming and snorkeling.

9 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Never has more been written about such a mediocre beach. 

I totally understand your feelings about it (actually mediocre is a generous term) but what you don't understand is that there are people out there with mobility issues and that location is best for them due to proximity of the ship.

So is there anyone else out there that knows if it is still open or not?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red-Sol said:

I totally understand your feelings about it (actually mediocre is a generous term) but what you don't understand is that there are people out there with mobility issues and that location is best for them due to proximity of the ship.

So is there anyone else out there that knows if it is still open or not?

No one has posted that it is closed. It was open last November. It has not been beach weather since then so with cold water temperatures and air temperature in the 60s probably few would be heading to a beach that charges $15 admission plus $$ for rentals. Also perhaps they don’t open in the winter. Some Bermuda beaches the concessions don’t open until the end of April. No point in paying employees to staff until beach weather. When is your cruise? It will be easy enough for you to check if it is soon. @latebloomer56is planning to go at the end of April and probably will post something. I would not draw much conclusion by their website. When the new management took over Snorkel Park last year I am not sure that they took over the old website. I seem to recall there was only info leftover from the previous management and was not accurate. They really don’t need a website for that place. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

No one has posted that it is closed. It was open last November. It has not been beach weather since then so with cold water temperatures and air temperature in the 60s probably few would be heading to a beach that charges $15 admission plus $$ for rentals. Also perhaps they don’t open in the winter. Some Bermuda beaches the concessions don’t open until the end of April. No point in paying employees to staff until beach weather. When is your cruise? It will be easy enough for you to check if it is soon. @latebloomer56is planning to go at the end of April and probably will post something. I would not draw much conclusion by their website. When the new management took over Snorkel Park last year I am not sure that they took over the old website. I seem to recall there was only info leftover from the previous management and was not accurate. They really don’t need a website for that place. 

Thank you...we are cruising on Prima leaving NYC April 30th. We are very excited for the cruise (our first since the Covid shutdown) We are meeting up with a small group of cruising friends. There's a part of me that almost hopes that it has been closed (at least until someone can take it over that isn't trying to rip people off) I appreciate your thoughts on this so Thanks Again

Last year it was open and under new management.  That being said it was much more money to enter and way too busy with flashy things.  Honestly it was okay for an hour or so but really this manmade beach is nothing compared to the beautiful beaches everywhere on the island.  For those who find it close and accessible it will good to have nearby.  The beauty of Elbow Beach is impossible to compare with this Dockyard beach. Although I will say it does take effort to visit these other beaches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dazey said:

Last year it was open and under new management.  That being said it was much more money to enter and way too busy with flashy things.  Honestly it was okay for an hour or so but really this manmade beach is nothing compared to the beautiful beaches everywhere on the island.  For those who find it close and accessible it will good to have nearby.  The beauty of Elbow Beach is impossible to compare with this Dockyard beach. Although I will say it does take effort to visit these other beaches.

There are minibus shuttles running back and forth between the Dockyard and beautiful Horseshoe Bay all day $7 per person each way whch to me is a much better option than $15 admission fo a  mediocre beach. The shuttles drop off right off and pick up at the beach so I think Horseshoe is accessible for most people who have mobility issues. The snorkel park's draw is that it is convienient and some people are on 5 day cruises, Baltimore sailings have the worst Bermuda itinerary that leave at 12 or 1 their last day in Bermuda and they don't want to venture far from the ships. That makes sense not to venture far if your ship leaves at noon. The cruises I have been on left at 3 or 4 and I did go to Horseshoe because I was familier with the island and knew it would not be a problem. If they had left at 12 or 1 I would find activities closer to the Dockyard, not snorkel park but other stuff close by. I think snorkel park is a good beach for toddlers. Toddlers won't notice it is mediocre, they willl love playing in the sand and parents with toddlers probably would not spend hours there anyway. 

I can't say for sure because the new owners of snorkel park are still something of an unknown but I think they will be open for busness. Because of the convience of being a short walk from the ship people are going to find it even if they don't have a fancy web site. Maybe in the off season they have been cooking up new ideas. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, JGmf said:

After our one and only visit to it, we refer to Snorkel Beach in family lore as "Razor Beach" given sharp rocks and challenging wading environment. 

There could have been some old razors in there too-- I believe the story is that it was once the site of the Dockyard's garbage dump. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2023 at 9:26 AM, Charles4515 said:

Price was as you posted but they were not open when the boys went both Sunday and Monday, it rained on Tuesday. Can't comment on any conditions, but it was in use early Sunday we saw people from the fort/ museum area our first stop, dolphins were great to watch.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We just got back from our Bermuda cruise and went to Snorkel Park. Is it the best beach in Bermuda? Certainly not. But is it easily accessible for those with mobility issues and young kids? Absolutely. The price for 2 adults with 2 lounge chairs was $75 and you get a few bottles of water for free. Kids under 5 are free. We liked the convenience of being so close to the boat and Snorkel Park let us come & go without forfeiting our seats. Although I did not snorkel myself, some people who were far out said they saw some parrotfish. If you do go, I recommend water shoes because there is some glass on the beach & there are some rocks when you enter the water. B4322F0E-438B-48DB-B0A6-84F67D656B06.thumb.jpeg.e07b148dd94c63bb6b442273823ac915.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2