Celebrity Rules around 3rd Doses

tert333

Celebrity has published new rules around 3rd Doses(ie Boosters).

COVID-19 Booster Shots

Guests who have received 3 or more doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, due to booster regimens, will be considered fully vaccinated if at least one of these conditions is satisfied:

• At least 2 of the doses are mRNA vaccines administered at least 28 days apart. The final dose must be completed at least 14 days before sailing.
  • At least 2 of the doses are AstraZeneca administered at least 28 days apart. The final dose must be completed at least 14 days before sailing.
  • At least 1 dose is Johnson & Johnson, completed at least 14 days before sailing.

This should address any people who received 3rd Doses of vaccines to address the mixed vaccine issue.   If questioned, you may need to say you received the 3rd dose as a booster.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

Edited by tert333
  • Like 4

Thanks @tert333. With the almost daily revisions to the Health At Sea pages, it's hard to keep up with all of the changes. This one is probably a non-issue for the majority of Americans, but a huge step forward in clarifying the mixed dose issue for Canadians contemplating getting a third shot.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MaddyandMax said:

So does this mean they once again don't accept mixed mRNA vaccines?  They only accept it if you've had 3 shots?

No, they have not changed their earlier wording.  There are just adding the case where you have 3 doses.

• Like 2

I would be elated at this news if Doug Ford would allow a booster shot for travel, to counteract the cruise line  interpretations, or for seniors. My sister visited from Alberta last week after receiving her third shot in early August. And we are all aware of the problems in Alberta.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, gubby said:

I would be elated at this news if Doug Ford would allow a booster shot for travel, to counteract the cruise line  interpretations, or for seniors. My sister visited from Alberta last week after receiving her third shot in early August. And we are all aware of the problems in Alberta.

Same for BC. Still not budging (yet) on the third dose for travel.

• Like 1

Ontario is, I believe, waiting to see what the federal government does in regards to the passport and their discussions with other countries who currently don't accept the mixed doses.

From my read on this, being I have AZ/Pfizer, when I get my third does (Pfizer) I'll be considered fully vaccinated (for Celebrity, but I believe it will carry to at least RCL, and hopefully the other cruise lines as well). Since

• At least 2 of the doses are mRNA vaccines administered at least 28 days apart. The final dose must be completed at least 14 days before sailing.

Which is great. I have a trip planned to Disney and will get a dose of Pfizer while I am there, before the new US flight rules. Then I can relax (a bit lol) about my March break cruises. Phew. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sistersinlaw said:

This doesn't help those of us who have the AZ/Pfizer mix for dose 1 and 2, correct?  By my read, they are saying you can have a 3rd booster shot, but your first 2 have to be AZ?

No, it only helps you decide to get a 3rd shot.  Depending on the province, you may have to go to another to get it(or fly to the US).   I know it is still not what many of us are hoping for, but is getting closer.   Depending on who you talk to Celebrity, they were not even recognizing third doses!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sistersinlaw said:

This doesn't help those of us who have the AZ/Pfizer mix for dose 1 and 2, correct?  By my read, they are saying you can have a 3rd booster shot, but your first 2 have to be AZ?

If you have AZ-Pfizer for your first two shots, you will be fine if you get a Pfizer third shot. With the 3rd shot scenario, they are essentially ignoring the AZ first shot and going with the 2nd and 3rd mRNA shots.

If you have two AZ, you don't need a third shot to be considered fully vaccinated.

Fully Vaccinated:

AZ + AZ 

mRNA + mRNA 

AZ + mRNA + mRNA

J&J (single dose)

Bear in mind that this is for US sailings. Elsewhere, they will accept AZ + mRNA as being fully vaccinated.

• Like 3

I’m a little concerned that all of a sudden they will say that your last shot can’t be longer than 6 months because the effectiveness wanes after a certain period of time.   I don’t care about getting a third and have no problem paying for it if required.   Just that it be available.   I feel the same way about tests.   I’ll pay for any tests required, just need them to be available.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Evilmuffin said:

I’m a little concerned that all of a sudden they will say that your last shot can’t be longer than 6 months because the effectiveness wanes after a certain period of time.   I don’t care about getting a third and have no problem paying for it if required.   Just that it be available.   I feel the same way about tests.   I’ll pay for any tests required, just need them to be available.

While there is no consensus yet on how long or at what level we are protected, I suspect that it will be more likely that booster shots will be targeting a 12-month window, not 6. Nevertheless, I'm with you 100% that availability becomes the issue no matter what the time frame.

• Like 1

I hear you Evilmuffin. We would welcome the opportunity to get a third shot, a test or whatever the cruise lines want in order to be able to cruise again. We have a  TA 2022 cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Southampton UK. It is 23 days, but because it leaves from US, where we would be for only hours of those 23 days, right now, we cannot  board, because the country with the worst  Covid record for cases and deaths, consisiders our AZ/Pfizer combination unvaccinated.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 1:50 PM, gubby said:

right now, we cannot  board, because the country with the worst  Covid record for cases and deaths, consisiders our AZ/Pfizer combination unvaccinated.

I have to laugh at your statement…so true.  But AZ didn’t apply for emergency use, so the CDC doesn’t recognize it.   I believe they have applied , or want to apply, for recognition as an approved vaccine, but haven’t heard anymore about it.  Not much is being said. 

14 minutes ago, Tomchick1970 said:

I went to Florida a couple of weeks ago.  I scheduled my 3rd shot (2nd dose of Pfizer) at CVS.  So easy and simple and FREE.  I'm so excited that I can now go on my Nov cruise.  Yippee!!

Congratulations!  Can you add the 3rd dose documentation to your Ontario Health record?  I hope you didn’t fly all the way to Florida just for a shot??  🤣🤣. It must feel so good to know that you’re all set to sail without hassles.  Enjoy your cruise!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

Congratulations!  Can you add the 3rd dose documentation to your Ontario Health record?  I hope you didn’t fly all the way to Florida just for a shot??  🤣🤣. It must feel so good to know that you’re all set to sail without hassles.  Enjoy your cruise!!

We had a planned trip to Cocoa Beach with my parents so it worked out well that I could get the extra dose.  I can add this to my Ontario Health Records but I'm going to wait because if cruise lines start asking for a Booster Shot I don't want to be back to square one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomchick1970 said:

We had a planned trip to Cocoa Beach with my parents so it worked out well that I could get the extra dose.  I can add this to my Ontario Health Records but I'm going to wait because if cruise lines start asking for a Booster Shot I don't want to be back to square one.

I am holding off as well.  I have 3 doses two of which are PFizer.   I am going to take all my certificates and only show the first AZ if necessary.   Also I want to wait until the US announces their vaccination rules for entry in the US.

I went into the upload form and now see there is an option to upload a third dose.

• Like 1