Name on Vaccine Card

My husband is a junior. We have him on the reservation as firstname lastname jr, by putting his last name as “lastname jr.” His legal documents have jr in his name. I just noticed that his name on his vaccine card is just firstname lastname. Any other juniors out there with this problem? Was it a problem at checkin for you? 

I'm not a junior, but I am nervous about how my name is written on my vaccine card. I got my first two shots through my hospital system. I have a "preferred nickname" saved in my patient profile. My first name is Christine, but they wrote my preferred nickname, Chriss, on the card. Anyone have experience with a scenario like this?

I had no issues. I just came back off of Freedom last week.

My card looked like a 2 year old scribbled on my card. My name was misspelled and they tried to correct it by writing over it numerous times.

I was nervous, but all they did was take a picture and it to our documentation online. I had my visit printed out with all the info, just in case, but all they seemed interested in was the "CARD"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

I'm not a junior, but I am nervous about how my name is written on my vaccine card. I got my first two shots through my hospital system. I have a "preferred nickname" saved in my patient profile. My first name is Christine, but they wrote my preferred nickname, Chriss, on the card. Anyone have experience with a scenario like this?

If you got your vaccine card through your hospital system you should be able to go back there and get a replacement with no problems.  I carried mine in my phone case and it ended up getting mutated.  I went back to the hospital a couple months ago with the old card and got a replacement in minutes.   I got my booster yesterday and didn't bring my card with me.  All they needed was my drivers license and they were able to pull up my records and made a new card listing all three doses with lot numbers and the dates administered.   So now I actually have two cards, one showing 1st & 2nd dose and one showing all three.  People who got them at a temporary mass vaccination site set up by their county or state may have it harder to track down the records if a replacement card is needed, but as long as they still have the original there should be no problem having corrections made.  

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

If you got your vaccine card through your hospital system you should be able to go back there and get a replacement with no problems.  I carried mine in my phone case and it ended up getting mutated.  I went back to the hospital a couple months ago with the old card and got a replacement in minutes.   I got my booster yesterday and didn't bring my card with me.  All they needed was my drivers license and they were able to pull up my records and made a new card listing all three doses with lot numbers and the dates administered.   So now I actually have two cards, one showing 1st & 2nd dose and one showing all three.  People who got them at a temporary mass vaccination site set up by their county or state may have it harder to track down the records if a replacement card is needed, but as long as they still have the original there should be no problem having corrections made.  

I probably should have tried to do it before I got my booster last week from Meijer 😬

35 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

I probably should have tried to do it before I got my booster last week from Meijer 😬

Chriss,

You  probably could still check with the hospital system where you got your original 1st & 2nd doses to see if they can make the change.  They have both your legal name and preferred nickname in their records so they shouldn't have any issues making the corrections.  All of the information for the booster that you got at Meijer is also on the card so they shouldn't have a problem transferring to the new card.  You could even ask them if you can keep the old one as a backup.  Good chance they will let you keep it, as long as they don't have a specific policy prohibiting it. 

• Like 2

Cards are lost and fall apart all the time. You can get a print out of your record from your state, or from the place that vaccinated you if they are still in operation. If time is limited, my experience was that the staff looking at your card are looking for the two doses and dates and not so much at your name. If some part of it is correct, I think you will be waved through to the next checker. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

Michigan has the vaccine info online.  You can just print it out yourself if you want.

https://mdhhsmiimmsportal.state.mi.us/

MDHHS launches online access to immunization records for Michiganders ages 18 and older

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sept. 9, 2021

LANSING, Mich. - To help Michiganders ages 18 and older more easily access their immunization records, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) has launched the Michigan Immunization Portal.

Michigan adults with immunization records posted in the Michigan Care Improvement Registry (MCIR), including COVID-19 vaccination, will be able to locate their own record online and download, save or print this information. The portal was funded through CDC grant dollars and was officially launched in mid-August.

"We want to make sure Michiganders are able to access their vaccination records as easily as possible as this is important health information," said Elizabeth Hertel, MDHHS director. "The Michigan Immunization Portal allows them to find their record from their computer or smart phone and save a copy for their records. This will also allow anyone who has misplaced their COVID-19 vaccination card to print a record of their vaccination."

To ensure privacy and that individuals are only able to access their own immunization records, Michiganders must create a MILogin account at Michigan.gov/MiImmsportal and upload a valid government issued photo ID such as a driver's license, state ID or passport. There is no cost to access the portal.

Immunizations provided in another state or country may not be included in an individual's record in the portal. If an individual's immunization record can't be found, records can still be requested from a physician's office or local health department.

As the portal is only available for those 18 years or older, parents won't be able to download their child's immunization records. Parents may contact their child's physician's office or local health department to get a copy of their immunization records.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, brillohead said:

Michigan has the vaccine info online.  You can just print it out yourself if you want.

https://mdhhsmiimmsportal.state.mi.us/

MDHHS launches online access to immunization records for Michiganders ages 18 and older

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sept. 9, 2021

LANSING, Mich. - To help Michiganders ages 18 and older more easily access their immunization records, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) has launched the Michigan Immunization Portal.

Michigan adults with immunization records posted in the Michigan Care Improvement Registry (MCIR), including COVID-19 vaccination, will be able to locate their own record online and download, save or print this information. The portal was funded through CDC grant dollars and was officially launched in mid-August.

"We want to make sure Michiganders are able to access their vaccination records as easily as possible as this is important health information," said Elizabeth Hertel, MDHHS director. "The Michigan Immunization Portal allows them to find their record from their computer or smart phone and save a copy for their records. This will also allow anyone who has misplaced their COVID-19 vaccination card to print a record of their vaccination."

To ensure privacy and that individuals are only able to access their own immunization records, Michiganders must create a MILogin account at Michigan.gov/MiImmsportal and upload a valid government issued photo ID such as a driver's license, state ID or passport. There is no cost to access the portal.

Immunizations provided in another state or country may not be included in an individual's record in the portal. If an individual's immunization record can't be found, records can still be requested from a physician's office or local health department.

As the portal is only available for those 18 years or older, parents won't be able to download their child's immunization records. Parents may contact their child's physician's office or local health department to get a copy of their immunization records.

Great tip, thank you! It's kind of funny to see all the immunizations from my childhood on there!

• Like 1

For those that got their shots at CVS, they have your card saved in a PDF that you can save to your phone or wherever.  I got mine done through work (healthcare worker), in which we partnered with CVS to administer the vaccine to both residents and staff.  When I got my booster, I brought my original card and they signed it right there.  When I got home, I downloaded the CVS app and they had my original card as well as a copy of the card with proof of the booster on the app.  For those that live in areas where the vaccine passports are supported, they have the Health eCards/Vaccine Passports right on there.

As a backup, I copied and laminated my original card, and I will copy and laminate it again for the booster.  I also took pictures of my card for each phase of the vaccination process to store as a backup on my phone.  So either way, I am covered!

2 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

Great tip, thank you! It's kind of funny to see all the immunizations from my childhood on there!

You're very welcome!  I don't know why they haven't publicized this more -- I only found out about it when LARA put it in an email newsletter for nurses.  

The MCIR database itself has been around for a long time, but it's only been accessible to healthcare providers until now.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, brillohead said:

You're very welcome!  I don't know why they haven't publicized this more -- I only found out about it when LARA put it in an email newsletter for nurses.  

The MCIR database itself has been around for a long time, but it's only been accessible to healthcare providers until now.

It is odd that they haven't share it more. It really is nice to be able to access it in this crazy world of covid.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

It is odd that they haven't share it more. It really is nice to be able to access it in this crazy world of covid.

No big surprise that Big Gretch's government isn't being run efficiently!  LOL