How long does it take to get a refund for a cruise you cancelled

kearney

Back in early August, when Royal changed protocol for sailings out of Nassau...to require masking... we received a notice that if we wanted to cancel that we would be able to get a full refund (vs future credit). I decided to take advantage of this and I called and cancelled. The confirmed that I would get a full refund..including airfare.  It has been just about 60 days since I cancelled... I did get port charges back and $400 that does not tie to excursions and dining packages we cancelled..nor does it cover airfare.... so not sure what that small portion is for. I am wondering how long it usually takes for a full refund... Any experience out there with this?

This does tell me that there is a cash flow issue..which is understandable given the situation. I do understand...however... it gives me pause to purchase packages and excursions far in advance. I have three other cruises booked with Celebrity..their sister line... so far I have not looked at any extras... I want to wait until I get this cash back. I don't want to have too much sitting out there when it could be working for me.