Covid on Iona

Cathygh

2 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

It's not P&O, it's MSC who don't appear to have followed their own health protocols

Yes all about their superspreader cruise

Not Covid safe at all

Queues everywhere on board

Insurance issues will have to be a future show

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

I was on Board MSC Virtuosa in May and June, so was Simon Calder on one of the trips I was on,  I thought that MSC was safer than visiting my supermarket,  However it was some passengers that I saw move  the no sitting here signs and some not wearing masks. There were also a lot of passengers who placed their facemasks on their table when they sat down !  You might as well just pace your Handkerchief on the table or blew your nose into the Napkin your using   which I have seen on cruise ships. on all my Trips the  Buffet was served for you.  Obviously standards must have slipped. But if the passengers fail to accept the restrictions imposed for their safety and are so selfish for other guests it is difficult to Police. I read on the Cunard Forum of someone complaining about staff enforcing the wearing of masks in the Theatre,  .  I have also been on P&O Britannia recently and felt less safe due to the crowds on board especially using the lift were everyone just piled in.   The TV programme failed to answer anything in my opinion.

Edited by LifeonMars
spell
  • Like 2

I received a reply from Staysure asking them if a person who tested negative is insured here is their reply.

Thankyou for your email

If you were to contract Covid19 whilst travelling on an insured trip, our policies would cover for additional accomodation where deemed necessary by our medical officer.
We would just ask that you called us using the 24hour medical assistance contact number provided in your policy documents where a member of the team can then guide you on how to proceed.

You can view your full Covid19 cover on Page 30 of your policy wording

I then sent back to them saying that they didn't answer my question of what would happen if a person tested negative.

Their reply,

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.gravatar.c

Oct 20, 2021, 17:58 GMT+1

Good Afternoon

As previously mentioned, this would be covered where deemed necessary by our medical officer. Our policies state cover for insured travellers who have tested positive on an insured trip, so these scenarios would be dealt with on a case by case basis.

8 minutes ago, emam said:
As previously mentioned, this would be covered where deemed necessary by our medical officer. Our policies state cover for insured travellers who have tested positive on an insured trip, so these scenarios would be dealt with on a case by case basis.

''Where deemed necessary by our medical officer''  is, imo, the loophole which means no you won't be covered.

Avril

• Like 1

Well I had a reply to my Email, 28 days as per ABTA guidance how many passengers sailing in those 28 days unaware they don't possibly have appropriate insurance for P and O covid protocols.

Thank you for your recent email to the Executive Team here at Carnival UK. Your comments have been noted and we have been asked to investigate and come back to you once this has been completed. Please note that we may take up to 28 days to reply, as per the guidance of ABTA and depending on the level of investigation needed.

I am extremely sorry that you have had cause to email us and we shall be in contact in due course.

Kind regards

Emily

On 10/20/2021 at 10:04 AM, Snow Hill said:

Just to add to the piece this is what the FAQs for the insurance company I used prior to COVID, they sent me an offer the other day to renew, however checking the FAQs in respect of quarantine it says this and appears there is no cover, I have messaged them about what happens in respect of being offloaded from a cruise, I await their answer.

If I am quarantined due to the Coronavirus, what cover is in place? 

• Before your holiday: If you choose to quarantine due to developing COVID-19 symptoms or on the advice of a medical professional, no cover would be in place unless you provide written evidence of a positive COVID-19 test.

• During your holiday: There would be no cover provided for this. We recommend making enquiries with your Tour Operator or travel and accommodation provider(s) in respect of how they will respond if this occurs. However if you have been hospitalised due to coronavirus your policy will extend to provide assistance with returning home once you have been discharged.

https://www.travelinsurance4medical.co.uk/information/coronavirus

Have had a response this morning 

“Apologies for delay in responding (I only asked them yesterday morning)

Unfortunately I am unable to answer this question at the moment as we are currently in the middle of updating our policies. As soon as the policy details are finalised, which hopefully will be soon, I will have a definitive answer. Would you like me to let you as soon as I know?”

I have said yes to his question.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Have had a response this morning 

“Apologies for delay in responding (I only asked them yesterday morning)

Unfortunately I am unable to answer this question at the moment as we are currently in the middle of updating our policies. As soon as the policy details are finalised, which hopefully will be soon, I will have a definitive answer. Would you like me to let you as soon as I know?”

I have said yes to his question.

That's interesting.  My telephone call is also delayed, I'm getting an email update today apparently.

Hi I posted on another chat site connected to the face of P and O and someone replied with.

Hi Robert I would change your insurance company. I’ve just confirmed with Staysure that they will cover repatriation costs for all travel companions even if they test negative.

• Like 2

Not as at 10.45 am yesterday!  They are the same company as Avanti, just lower limits on cover. I listened in on the conversation between the Underwriters (Great Lakes) and Avanti's operator.  It is only on a case by case basis at the total discretion of their medical adviser. They pay medical on a positive PCR test, depending on which level of cover possible abandonment again on case by case.

I switched my husband to them from Avanti at thr beginning of the October and cancelled the policy during the cooling off period precisely because they don't cover quarantine. I've spoken to them every time someone says they have confirmed cover in case it's an update. I will happily call again tomorrow, just in case!

4 hours ago, Swanseasailor said:

Hi I posted on another chat site connected to the face of P and O and someone replied with.

Hi Robert I would change your insurance company. I’ve just confirmed with Staysure that they will cover repatriation costs for all travel companions even if they test negative.

See post 563 where I asked twice what would happen if someone tested negative and was disembarked.

FYI, following a few threads on Facebook.  Someone who is currently on Ventura, has asked an Officer what happens if you test positive, and has been told they will disembark you, there are quite a few jumping on thread obviously saying they were not aware of this, this could snowball quite quickly now x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been wondering whether the same thing could happen with coach holidays? I don’t know if they’re actually happening at the moment though. Would the whole coach have to be quarantined in a special hotel? And would those not tested positive have similar issues with insurance? 

14 hours ago, LifeonMars said:

I was on Board MSC Virtuosa in May and June, so was Simon Calder on one of the trips I was on,  I thought that MSC was safer than visiting my supermarket,  However it was some passengers that I saw move  the no sitting here signs and some not wearing masks. There were also a lot of passengers who placed their facemasks on their table when they sat down !  You might as well just pace your Handkerchief on the table or blew your nose into the Napkin your using   which I have seen on cruise ships. on all my Trips the  Buffet was served for you.  Obviously standards must have slipped. But if the passengers fail to accept the restrictions imposed for their safety and are so selfish for other guests it is difficult to Police. I read on the Cunard Forum of someone complaining about staff enforcing the wearing of masks in the Theatre,  .  I have also been on P&O Britannia recently and felt less safe due to the crowds on board especially using the lift were everyone just piled in.   The TV programme failed to answer anything in my opinion.

I was on the Virtuosa cruise after the one that apparently caused the problems.   By that time, the buffet was back to being crew service only, and we were all tested (FOC) the day before disembarkation in Southampton.  In some respects, MSC maintained some of the most rigorous rules during these UK cruises.    However, in the case of them relaxing some restrictions on board, it was a bit too soon.   MSC's customer service, especially pre-cruise, can be a bit of a shocker, but personally I think they've come in for some unfair criticism, especially having personally witnessed the behaviour of some passengers.

Edited by showingdiva

2 hours ago, emam said:

See post 563 where I asked twice what would happen if someone tested negative and was disembarked.

Hi  emam totally agree with you, people are unaware of the hoops they will have to jump through dealing with insurance. Staysure may or may not cover or cover on individual cases certainly doesn't instil confidence neither does P and O sail with confidence slogan. when/if P and O or insurance company puts in writing passengers are covered for all costs if testing negative in regards offloading or even quarantine on board I will be one happy cruiser.  BEST OF LUCK TO US ALL😀  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PEMCO007 said:

FYI, following a few threads on Facebook.  Someone who is currently on Ventura, has asked an Officer what happens if you test positive, and has been told they will disembark you, there are quite a few jumping on thread obviously saying they were not aware of this, this could snowball quite quickly now x

I'm not on the closed Face groups for any of the three ships currently sailing.  Has anyone onboard asked the magic question of who pays if you are offloaded with a negative test? Now that would be interesting to hear an officer's view!

3 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm not on the closed Face groups for any of the three ships currently sailing.  Has anyone onboard asked the magic question of who pays if you are offloaded with a negative test? Now that would be interesting to hear an officer's view!

I shall highjack my wife's face of IONA tomorrow morning when everyone is awake and see if anyone is aware of what's going on. Keep up the good work Megabar2 thank you.

I've been having a look at some US travel insurance policies. This is an excerpt from one issued with a Chase Preferred Credit Card account:

Quarantine – You or Your Traveling Companion is forced into medical isolation by a recognized government authority, their authorized deputies, or medical examiners due to You or Your Traveling Companion either having, or being suspected of having, a contagious disease, infection, or contamination

Unquote 

Clearly quite different from a UK policy. These US policies are very heavy on their wording in all respects. Interestingly a lot of them do not have the £2,000,000 minimum coverage and direct that the claimant is responsible for charges. Probably covered on the individual's normal medical insurance I would guess.

Edited by Megabear2
Error