Prepaid Gratuities VS Prepaid Service Charges

Mommu98

28 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

That isn't a distinction.  You're just playing word games. 

how am I playing word games????  I didn't even say one single word.  You asked for where NCL made a distinction between gratuities and DSC, and I simply supplied the location from there website, with no comment whatsoever.  

That being said, if you believe the DSC is the same as gratuities, then that's on you.  To me, their own website makes it very clear that they are not the same.  but hey, to each his/her own

1 minute ago, dbrown84 said:

how am I playing word games????  I didn't even say one single word.  You asked for where NCL made a distinction between gratuities and DSC, and I simply supplied the location from there website, with no comment whatsoever.  

That being said, if you believe the DSC is the same as gratuities, then that's on you.  To me, their own website makes it very clear that they are not the same.  but hey, to each his/her own

I believe the DSC functions as gratuities since at least a portion of the DSC goes to crew members to supplement their salaries.  

Just now, RocketMan275 said:

I believe the DSC functions as gratuities since at least a portion of the DSC goes to crew members to supplement their salaries.  

that's cool.  so for me, that would be the distinction.  I personally would consider gratuities to go to the staff (subject to the gratuities) in it's entirety.  And according the the FAQ, yes a portion of the DSC goes to supplement the salaries, but not the entire amount.  I don't believe anyone is disputing that.  Well, at least I'm not disputing that.  I shouldn't speak for everyone.  So it's all up to interpretation.  But NCL does distinguish between the two.  

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

that's cool.  so for me, that would be the distinction.  I personally would consider gratuities to go to the staff (subject to the gratuities) in it's entirety.  And according the the FAQ, yes a portion of the DSC goes to supplement the salaries, but not the entire amount.  I don't believe anyone is disputing that.  Well, at least I'm not disputing that.  I shouldn't speak for everyone.  So it's all up to interpretation.  But NCL does distinguish between the two.  

It seem you're saying that since 100% of the DSC is not distributed to the crew and that it is not given directly to a crew person, then it's not a gratuity.

To me that's playing with words, fussing over minor points.

2 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

One other thing.  Why give those who are against gratuities and are looking for an excuse to cancel the DSC another excuse?  

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Where does it state that ANT of the DSC goes tp the crew as salary?  Also by your (il)logic, fringe benefits should be considered gratuities since they supplement the base pay.  As NCL says it is an INCENTIVE PROGRAM that is used to encourage the crew members to work together.  Nowhere does it state that any of the DSC what-so-ever goes directly to the crew as supplemental pay.  They are compensated by salary and INCENTIVE PROGRAMS.

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

One other thing.  Why give those who are against gratuities and are looking for an excuse to cancel the DSC another excuse?  

LMAO!!!!  Do you really believe that grown folks will based their decision for doing anything they want to do based on what strangers say on CC?!?!?!  Don't answer that.....I forgot, you also believe DSC and gratuities are the same thing.....  and how is answering YOUR question about pointing out the section on NCL's website about DSC and gratuities giving someone an excuse???

11 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

LMAO!!!!  Do you really believe that grown folks will based their decision for doing anything they want to do based on what strangers say on CC?!?!?!  Don't answer that.....I forgot, you also believe DSC and gratuities are the same thing.....  and how is answering YOUR question about pointing out the section on NCL's website about DSC and gratuities giving someone an excuse???

Those that want to avoid gratuities and cancel the DSC will find any reason useful in that regard.