“LIVE” from Oasis of the Seas - Oct. 10, 2021 (B2B)

Radio

3 hours ago, DonnaK said:

This may sound like a stupid question but what did you do while you were waiting for the result?  Were you already checked in and allowed back onboard for the second sailing, or did you have to wait in the terminal for the negative result before you could re-board?

They did the test for b2b cruisers yesterday.

• Like 1

I enjoyed watching your Sail Away, Radio!  It was beautiful watching Oasis going under the Verrazzano Bridge!  I've always watched going under the bridge while on a cruise ship, but this is the first time I actually watched a ship go under the bridge from the Web site.  I didn't live far from the bridge when I used to live on Staten Island.

Enjoy your second time around!!

• Like 2

A few changes I’ve noticed so far - in our CLS they finally have an actual espresso pod machine (ala Nespresso, but made by Lavazza) instead of a regular coffee maker. 

The suite lounge happy hour is from 5-8 and apparently you can get any cocktail off the standard cocktail list that costs 13 and under. This is a huge improvement over the previous list, which were restricted to certain liquors (from the Diamond Happy Hour list). We don’t have a drink package and are not heavy drinkers, so this option is great for us for the occasional drink. Beer and house wine are also available from 11-11. 

Finally I wanted to mention that if you get a coffee card you need to pick it up at Cafe Promenade. They also told me each punch was good for any coffee any size, just about anywhere except Starbucks.

I don’t know if any of these changes are permanent or part of their Welcome Back campaign, but I hope they stay. 

Edited by tomservo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello everyone and Good Morning. Welcome to DAY 2 of "LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas.

I had a wonderful dinner last night at Giovanni's Table. (Deck 8 Central Park) I enjoyed a delicious filet with a fantastic chocolate dessert. My reservation was at 6:30 but I had to run up to Deck 15 to watch us pull away from the pier slowly.

This morning was very cloudy and rainy. The seas have been much rougher than last week. The " Oops, I'm sick bags" were placed in the stairwell.

Things are looking better for this afternoon. The rain has stopped and the sun is coming out. Many passengers are out on open decks. This is the first sea day, and Oasis of the Seas excitement is in the air for most passengers.

Here are a few pics, and thanks for tuning in.

Radio

Giovanni's Table

FB_IMG_1633965268645.thumb.jpg.0c69e5a8f9770477d68b0b1b2c778717.jpg

Meat Plank

FB_IMG_1633965275459.thumb.jpg.a9d35dca00245e6cfb22dddf562ffd1e.jpg

A wonderful fillet.

FB_IMG_1633965281545.jpg.57f119b266081e2df1bcf009933ba28e.jpg

I loved the dessert.

FB_IMG_1633965287135.jpg.9cd099c54264e9d463c72a2d47896a7e.jpg

The seas are a little rough.

FB_IMG_1633965308523.jpg.838231aac75db1b3d062da2dc8cd7a4e.jpg

The ship is rolling a little. . .

FB_IMG_1633965300045.jpg.1e00f6f1895587161183d5ac6b8ad7b9.jpg

"Oops, I'm sick bags"

FB_IMG_1633965315699.thumb.jpg.21a9a7ea8b32f2f638dc15950320079f.jpg

The sun is trying to come out.

PXL_20211011_151623776_MP.thumb.jpg.41da280be7d3bc89cd8ff38d5f0b20f6.jpg

Edited by Radio
  • Like 11

42 minutes ago, tomservo said:

A few changes I’ve noticed so far - in our CLS they finally have an actual espresso pod machine (ala Nespresso, but made by Lavazza) instead of a regular coffee maker. 

The suite lounge happy hour is from 5-8 and apparently you can get any cocktail off the standard cocktail list that costs 13 and under. This is a huge improvement over the previous list, which were restricted to certain liquors (from the Diamond Happy Hour list). We don’t have a drink package and are not heavy drinkers, so this option is great for us for the occasional drink. Beer and house wine are also available from 11-11. 

Finally I wanted to mention that if you get a coffee card you need to pick it up at Cafe Promenade. They also told me each punch was good for any coffee any size, just about anywhere except Starbucks.

I don’t know if any of these changes are permanent or part of their Welcome Back campaign, but I hope they stay. 

May I ask, do you need reservations for dinner? at CK? I’ve been reading other threads that you do. I’ve never needed it in suite class? And if so are they hard to get for a earlier seating? Especially day 1 as I’m boarding late. I also on my other cruises never got a letter from the concierge to book anything prior including shows? Is that a issue as well? I’m hoping for a stress free trip. Thanks

16 minutes ago, Radio said:

Hello everyone and Good Morning. Welcome to DAY 2 of "LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas.

I had a wonderful dinner last night at Giovanni's Table. (Deck 8 Central Park) I enjoyed a delicious filet with a fantastic chocolate dessert. My reservation was at 6:30 but I had to run up to Deck 15 to watch us pull away from the pier slowly.

This morning was very cloudy and rainy. The seas have been much rougher than last week. The " Oops, I'm sick bags" were placed in the stairwell.

Things are looking better for this afternoon. The rain has stopped and the sun is coming out. Many passengers are out on open decks. This is the first sea day, and Oasis of the Seas excitement is in the air for most passengers.

Here are a few pics, and thanks for tuning in.

Radio

Giovanni's Table

FB_IMG_1633965268645.thumb.jpg.0c69e5a8f9770477d68b0b1b2c778717.jpg

Meat Plank

FB_IMG_1633965275459.thumb.jpg.a9d35dca00245e6cfb22dddf562ffd1e.jpg

A wonderful fillet.

FB_IMG_1633965281545.jpg.57f119b266081e2df1bcf009933ba28e.jpg

I loved the dessert.

FB_IMG_1633965287135.jpg.9cd099c54264e9d463c72a2d47896a7e.jpg

The seas are a little rough.

FB_IMG_1633965308523.jpg.838231aac75db1b3d062da2dc8cd7a4e.jpg

The ship is rolling a little. . .

FB_IMG_1633965300045.jpg.1e00f6f1895587161183d5ac6b8ad7b9.jpg

"Oops, I'm sick bags"

FB_IMG_1633965315699.thumb.jpg.21a9a7ea8b32f2f638dc15950320079f.jpg

The sun is trying to come out.

PXL_20211011_151623776_MP.thumb.jpg.41da280be7d3bc89cd8ff38d5f0b20f6.jpg

Hi Radio, thanks for the updates! Can I ask how cold the inside of the ship is till you get down to Miami? The last time I was on the Anthem in winter months I didn’t warm up till the islands! Brrr just me. Lol thanks 

4 minutes ago, Ally3210 said:

Hi Radio, thanks for the updates! Can I ask how cold the inside of the ship is till you get down to Miami? The last time I was on the Anthem in winter months I didn’t warm up till the islands! Brrr just me. Lol thanks 

We are not going to Miami for this voyage, but we are going to Port Canaveral. Things are starting to warm up now it is suggested that we will be in 78° weather this afternoon. Tomorrow the forecast for Port Canaveral is 84° and sunny.

Radio

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ally3210 said:

May I ask, do you need reservations for dinner? at CK? I’ve been reading other threads that you do. I’ve never needed it in suite class? And if so are they hard to get for a earlier seating? Especially day 1 as I’m boarding late. I also on my other cruises never got a letter from the concierge to book anything prior including shows? Is that a issue as well? I’m hoping for a stress free trip. Thanks

I think a reservation is only need for those in Sea Class , and are not required for Sky Class or Star Class. . . I am under the impression that you can only pre book shows with a Star Class suite.

Radio

2 hours ago, Ally3210 said:

Yes definitely get reservations beforehand. I think all the restaurants are at reduced capacity so that’s why reservations are hard to come by. Earlier seatings are the hardest to get, they book up first. You don’t need CK reservations for breakfast or lunch. 

If you can I would make all your reservations before you board. You should get an email from the concierge about a week before, if you don’t you can email them directly. I would book shows ahead of time as well. All the adult comedy shows are already booked up. 

2 hours ago, Radio said:

I think a reservation is only need for those in Sea Class , and are not required for Sky Class or Star Class. . . I am under the impression that you can only pre book shows with a Star Class suite.

Radio

We sailed last week in an Owner’s Suite— I forget  which level that is. We got an email from the Concierge about a week before we sailed, so we booked a 6:00pm dinner time each night in Coastal Kitchen.  When we were in the a Suite Lounge for HH, you could easily see that there were plenty of open tables for early seating. We had. 7:15 reservation for the Ice show one evening and just went over to dinner early. No problems. 
I would  recommend that you make reservations and also make them for shows by communicating with the Concierge.  Everyone is extremely helpful.