Adults only beach club day pass

irishayes

We are in Cozumel on Nov 13 and want to do a day pass at an adults only, chill, good food and drinks, beach club.  We are a group of five 50-60 year old (but much younger at heart) women.  Is Cozumel allowing independent excursions or do we need to book through the cruise line ( please say yes)?  Recommendations for a very nice Beach club for the day?

You will have to check the healthy sail pass (or equivalent) for your particular sailing to see if independent excursions are allowed. The port itself allows them in fact Cozumel has just changed to “green” which although masks are still mandated, capacities at venues have increased. 

There are very few adult-only  locations on Cozumel -  Secrets Aura day pass or Del Mar Latino beach club. I have never been to Secrets. We like Del Mar for convenience  (next to International pier) and price, and the fact we can walk to and from the ship. However  there is NO proper beach there, only a small pool and snorkeling, which puts off many.

Sounds like you would enjoy their sister property, Nachi Cocom, recommended by many on here, which although not strictly adult-only, caters mainly to adults due to lack of on-site activities like inflatables etc. It is possible to order some extra activities from third party vendors. It is by reservation, and AI only. We enjoy it  occasionally for a change, but many return time and time again.  

Edited by c-leg5

20 minutes ago, irishayes said:

I have checked Secrets... They are not offering day passes currently.  Heard good things about Nachi Cocum... Do they offer massages also?

Yes but I have never had one. Here is a previous thread

Another place that comes to mind is Occidental, which has an adult-only pool and quieter and busier areas. Park Royal has an adult-only pool too but I found that too noisy for what we were looking for and prefer their main pool near the lobby. Not sure if any of the hotels are offering day passes at this time. Have you considered a cabana at Mr Sanchos, or Cabana Beach, Chankanaab?

Do you require beach (actual sand), ocean/pool swimming, water activities, massage, AI, quiet/active? Perhaps if you could say what your priorities are someone will be able to help you better. Also which cruise line/pier you will arrive at?

Edited by c-leg5

4 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Yes but I have never had one. Here is a previous thread

Another place that comes to mind is Occidental, which has an adult-only pool and quieter and busier areas. Park Royal has an adult-only pool too but I found that too noisy for what we were looking for and prefer their main pool near the lobby. Not sure if any of the hotels are offering day passes at this time. Have you considered a cabana at Mr Sanchos, or Cabana Beach, Chankanaab?

Do you require beach (actual sand), ocean/pool swimming, water activities, massage, AI, quiet/active? Perhaps if you could say what your priorities are someone will be able to help you better. Also which cruise line/pier you will arrive at?

We are sailing with Celebrity... Not certain what pier.  We want guys food/ drinks, quiet chill atmosphere, massages would be nice.  No water toys needed.  Comfortable Lounge chairs and umbrellas, pool and Beach.

17 hours ago, irishayes said:

We are sailing with Celebrity... Not certain what pier.  We want guys food/ drinks, quiet chill atmosphere, massages would be nice.  No water toys needed.  Comfortable Lounge chairs and umbrellas, pool and Beach.

"guys" food/drinks? 🤔

Sounds like Nachi will meet your desires for a quiet, relaxing beach - great food and good service, small pool with swim up bar and a hot tub that always seems just warm to me.  Current cab fares will be posted but expect to pay about $25+ each way for 5 of you sharing a van taxi.

21 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

"guys" food/drinks? 🤔

Sounds like Nachi will meet your desires for a quiet, relaxing beach - great food and good service, small pool with swim up bar and a hot tub that always seems just warm to me.  Current cab fares will be posted but expect to pay about $25+ each way for 5 of you sharing a van taxi.

Maybe so, but seriously, I cannot imaging 5 females (and I am one, so don't flame) being "quiet" for any period of time, especially if cocktails are involved. 

I can hear the cackling from here! 😆 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

"guys" food/drinks? 🤔

Stupid autocorrect.  GOOD food and drinks.  We want good, not guys.  Lol

45 minutes ago, irishayes said:

Anyone know if the Sunscape Sabor resort is offering day passes at this time?  I can't get in touch with anyone...

Have you tried the Facebook page for Sunscape.

I agree Nachi sounds like a good fit given your criteria.

Whilst generally, “quiet and relaxing”, I would caution that “mainly adult or adult-only”, doesn’t come with any guarantees - we had a very loud, self-centered group (male and female, and not teenagers), next to us once at Nachi playing their own music  and doing shots. Other people have reported loud unsupervised kids in the pool on occasions. I realize these are not the norm, but it doesn’t seem like the staff at Nachi doesmuch to try to control it for the comfort of other guests. 

Most broker sites have limited resort day passes advertised at the moment although there are some on Resort for a day. The Westin is the only hotel I have seen actively advertising day passes.

Let us know how it goes  if you try somewhere new. 

Edited by c-leg5

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, saltshell said:

I like Occidental. Adult pool is great and facility is beautiful.  Been there twice and will book again in January.  I go solo and fit into your age group. Always meet nice people there.

Agree, Occidental could be a good choice IF they are presently offering day passes. Beach clubs and hotels are still limiting capacities (although increasing) and not sure if hotels will want day visitors yet. As I said above Westin is the only one I have actively seen advertising although some brokers are still advertising that they are selling day passes.

Occidental is not adult-only but does have adult-only pool, away from the beach. It is a long walk from the main foyer to the beach if anyone has difficulty walking. It is a long walk from the beach to main buffet IF it is raining  and beach buffet area is closed unless policies have changed under Barcelo. It