Vaccine Status different for ships out of Miami

Markanddonna

PDF still on MSCUSA site.

COVID-19 Assistance will be provided at no extra charge for guests who are fully vaccinated, including kids under 12 years old traveling with fully vaccinated parents/guardians (with proof of vaccination).
A Travel Protection Plan with coverage for COVID-19 is mandatory for guests not fully vaccinated or unable or unwilling to provide proof of vaccination, as well as kids under 12 years old traveling with parents/guardians that are not fully vaccinated (plan offered by MSC Cruises is below). If travel insurance other than the one offered by MSC Cruises is purchased, the plan must include coverage for COVID-19 and proof must be provided.
Cruises departing from non-US ports:
A Travel Protection Plan with coverage for COVID-19 is mandatory for guests not fully vaccinated or unable or unwilling to provide proof of vaccination, as well as kids under 12 years old traveling with parents/guardians that are not fully vaccinated (plan offered by MSC Cruises is below). If travel insurance other than the one offered by MSC Cruises is purchased, the plan must include coverage for COVID-19 and proof must be provided.
 Benefits

1 hour ago, phissy said:

PDF still on MSCUSA site.

COVID-19 Assistance will be provided at no extra charge for guests who are fully vaccinated, including kids under 12 years old traveling with fully vaccinated parents/guardians (with proof of vaccination).
Cruises departing from non-US ports:
 Benefits

Awesome. Where does you find it?

1 hour ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Thanks, but I was wondering how you navigated to it.

To find what @phissy posted I clicked on the orange travel requirements box on the top of the site, then clicked on Caribbean/Bahamas, scrolled down to the FAQ area where you’ll find the info about Covid insurance. Click on that and the chart will pop up. Here’s a pic of what you’re looking for. 

A1DC8DE4-F7A8-497D-BEAE-8495AD8DC08E.png

Edited by styles27
  • Like 2

When I realized Covid Assistance page missing, I starting researching.

First approach was what Styles27 posted. 
Unfortunately, what is posted there is the MSC Covid Insurance that if one wants it,  must purchase before final payment. Not required but recommended.

I then researched online for MSC Covid 19 Assistance Plan for MSC USA.

I found PDF online under MSC documents .This is the link I posted.

I also made copy (with date) to carry with our boarding documents.

UPDATE:  Styles27 had it 

Went back to FAQS page and did find orange “ check here” for more info on insurance “ What is the Travel Protection Plan “ 

When you click on that orange link, the page I posted is there.

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, phissy said:

When I realized Covid Assistance page missing, I starting researching.

First approach was what Styles27 posted. 
Unfortunately, what is posted there is the MSC Covid Insurance that if one wants it,  must purchase before final payment. Not required but recommended.

I then researched online for MSC Covid 19 Assistance Plan for MSC USA.

I found PDF online under MSC documents .This is the link I posted.

I also made copy (with date) to carry with our boarding documents.

UPDATE:  Styles27 had it 

Went back to FAQS page and did find orange “ check here” for more info on insurance “ What is the Travel Protection Plan “ 

When you click on that orange link, the page I posted is there.

Thank you!  Glad you can still get to it.  Not that MSC hasn't had bad information on the website lol.  This Assistance is what will save us and allow us to get a refund should we test positive.

• Like 2

We are looking to travel on MSC Meraviglia November 2021. We are from the UK and one of our party is vaccinated with AstraZeneca, do you know if they are accepting this vaccine? I note that this isn’t listed as an approved vaccine on the MSC website for the Caribbean cruises but it is down as accepted for the European cruises. Very confusing!

1 hour ago, ulster-cruiser said:

We are looking to travel on MSC Meraviglia November 2021. We are from the UK and one of our party is vaccinated with AstraZeneca, do you know if they are accepting this vaccine? I note that this isn’t listed as an approved vaccine on the MSC website for the Caribbean cruises but it is down as accepted for the European cruises. Very confusing!

The issue of traveling on Meraviglia in November will not be due to your vaccine choice and MSC Website. It will be due to your UK citizenship.

Currently, only US and Puerto Rican citizens are allowed to cruise MSC out of Florida Ports.

Meraviglia is cruising out of Florida ports in November.

We are on the repositioning cruise for Meraviglia on November20. 
 Sails out of Miami and disembarks in Port Canaveral. 

For cruises departing from the U.S.)

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CRUISES TO THE BAHAMAS & CARIBBEAN:

- Currently, only U.S. & Puerto Rico residents can cruise from Miami & Orlando (Port Canaveral)

- Guests 12 years and older who are fully vaccinated are able to cruise and must present proof of COVID-19 vaccine with the final dose being administered at least 14 days before the cruise. Children 11 years old and younger can sail as long as the adult(s) traveling with them are fully vaccinated

Edited by phissy
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, phissy said:

The issue of traveling on Meraviglia in November will not be due to your vaccine choice and MSC Website. It will be due to your UK citizenship.

Currently, only US and Puerto Rican citizens are allowed to cruise MSC out of Florida Ports.

Meraviglia is cruising out of Florida ports in November.

We are on the repositioning cruise for Meraviglia on November20. 
 Sails out of Miami and disembarks in Port Canaveral. 

For cruises departing from the U.S.)

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CRUISES TO THE BAHAMAS & CARIBBEAN:

- Currently, only U.S. & Puerto Rico residents can cruise from Miami & Orlando (Port Canaveral)

- Guests 12 years and older who are fully vaccinated are able to cruise and must present proof of COVID-19 vaccine with the final dose being administered at least 14 days before the cruise. Children 11 years old and younger can sail as long as the adult(s) traveling with them are fully vaccinated

Non US residents can sail from 31st October:

F330C539-296C-4427-BAF9-C6DDF16629AD.png

11 hours ago, ulster-cruiser said:

Non US residents can sail from 31st October:

F330C539-296C-4427-BAF9-C6DDF16629AD.png

Caribbean and Bahamas sailing is what you should be looking at. On the US site this was updated within the last few days and clearly states only US and Puerto Rico residents can cruise Caribbean and Bahamas cruises. 

Are you on a transatlantic crossing? Maybe that’s what the confusion is. 

If you’re on a cruise sailing from a Florida port to the Caribbean/Bahamas you will not be able to board the ship because of your country of residence as mentioned above 

I would contact MSC immediately if you are already booked. 

I looked at the MSC UK site and it looks like it hasn’t been updated to reflect what  the US site states 

Not surprised. 

Edited by styles27