Think I'd like to try a luxury line

nyc2pdx

I did some more research on Silversea (I should not quote "SS" as a German...) that compared them with Regent. Silversea made almost all my points. That´s good.

Will do some more comparison with Seabourn as I am noticing SS (oops...) average pricing seems to have gone up a bit since when they were independent. Well, might also been caused by "all those recent causes".

Am really curious if a luxury line can outsmart the best Celebrity days (around 2010).

On 10/12/2022 at 12:58 AM, Nemanoxer said:

Europa / Europa 2 and their company sisters Hanseatic and Inspiration are way out of anything that I´d call reasonably priced. Hard to find a cruise with 3 or more port stops under 10000 $. And I am German - but so not German... That is why I always do US ships. You never feel alone on a US ship.

[...]

Most cruises on the Europa 2 seem to average around €550 to 650 a night per person. From my research the other luxury lines weren't really cheaper. And while they usually include drinks, the prices of excursions etc are usually much higher.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

I wonder where I can see Silversea´s shore excursions.

I am interested in Silver Moon on 22 February 2023. Do they only show available shore excursions after the booking was placed?

On the  website  for N.A.  they have them under the cruise 

https://www.silversea.com/destinations/south-america-cruise/rio-de-janeiro-to-bridgetown-mo230222012.html

Maybe  you can call SS & ask they send you a PDF  file 

• 5 months later...
On 11/4/2021 at 10:37 AM, Gourmet Gal said:

Your steadfast adherence to the written rules are admirable but the reality as cited here by two first-hand accounts indicate the rules are flexible on-board and there are obviously work-arounds. It is what it is, so live and let live.

Thank God for Cunard!

• Like 1