Haven: does it have to be Nespresso?

SpainAlien

I don't remember the machine as having the optional milk frother, otherwise you could make latte, latte macchiato, cappuccino, etc.  You can use the machine to make hot water for tea (run it a couple of times and discard the water to rid it of coffee taste).  The concierge letter asks for your tea preferences as tea is provided in the suite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpainAlien said:

We are on Joy soon in our first Haven suite and are looking forward to all of it except the Nespresso machine. We prefer lattes, cappuccinos, tea or hot chocolate, do they have a machine that does that instead?

We quite like the coffee machines in the Haven, what we do not care for is the French press served in the restaurants and some specialty restaurants. Likes and dislikes I guess. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

We are on Joy soon in our first Haven suite and are looking forward to all of it except the Nespresso machine. We prefer lattes, cappuccinos, tea or hot chocolate, do they have a machine that does that instead?

Nope. You have a low end Nespresso in your stateroom. They swapped out the much more expensive Lavazza machines with milk frother a few years back. You can get hot teas and hot chocolate from the Garden Café Buffet or Observation lounge. Lattes and Cappuccinos are available at Starbucks in the Observation Lounge and the Atrium (along with restaurants).  

image.png.4fb4f4d7957aa6c50d637bca753eb72d.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, armwinder said:

We quite like the coffee machines in the Haven, what we do not care for is the French press served in the restaurants and some specialty restaurants. Likes and dislikes I guess. 

Oh I love that French press coffee! As long as I can have good cream with it and not those horrible little plastic sealed cups. 

Edited by Shellbelle28
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, armwinder said:

We liked the Nespresso machine so well that we bought one when we got back. I can recommend the Breville Creatista Plus.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pbenjamin said:

We liked the Nespresso machine so well that we bought one when we got back. I can recommend the Breville Creatista Plus.

Yeah, we got a Delongi, which is the same brand NCL uses, but ours has the milk warmer spinner cup thingie on the side (much easier to use than a traditional espresso milk frother wand that you put in the milk).  They take up more space, but it would be nice if they had that milk thing in the cabins as well. this is the one we have:

https://www.amazon.com/Nespresso-CitiZ-Espresso-Machine-DeLonghi/dp/B01M68FHZ4/

9 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

Thanks everyone, I guess we could ask for the standard machine they have in balcony cabins instead. The trouble is I like fairly weak coffee and by the time I have added enough milk to an espresso for my taste it's cold.

You can just run a cycle to add hot water to what was brewed with the pod I think.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

Thanks everyone, I guess we could ask for the standard machine they have in balcony cabins instead. The trouble is I like fairly weak coffee and by the time I have added enough milk to an espresso for my taste it's cold.

I'd like a Javabot coffee machine, but at a $1,000,000 a copy, I don't think FDR will be installing them anytime soon.  Until then, a battery operated frothier and a Nespresso will work just fine.

most expensive coffee maker: the javabot

But if you truly want weak, tasteless coffee, head straight to the buffet ... do not pass go, do not collect $200. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Shellbelle28 said:

You can just run a cycle to add hot water to what was brewed with the pod I think.

This is a good suggestion — it would make an Americano which tastes a lot like regular coffee.  

• Like 3

21 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

This is a standard coffee machine 

image.thumb.png.22432d24985124e93db0dae895686914.png

image.png.e35b293e0df48039419ca9711ac25db0.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The Nespresso machine does allow you to select between espresso (small cup) and americano coffee (large cup). But even the americano is kinda heavy. 

Not exactly. The large cup is a "lungo", simply a larger amount of coffee (3.7 oz.) produced by the machine. An Americano is made by adding hot water to one or two shots of espresso. Similar result but not the same.