Gym/fitness classes onboard

_tacocat_

Has anyone been to the gym yet or taken any of the group fitness classes? Any reviews so far?

I'm especially curious about the spin bikes - do they have clip-in pedals, and if so, are they SPD or Delta?  Wondering if I need to save room in my luggage for my clip-in shoes.

On 10/14/2021 at 12:13 PM, _tacocat_ said:

Has anyone been to the gym yet or taken any of the group fitness classes? Any reviews so far?

I'm especially curious about the spin bikes - do they have clip-in pedals, and if so, are they SPD or Delta?  Wondering if I need to save room in my luggage for my clip-in shoes.

It is a real spin class.  Bikes are numbered with computer screen output.   There are clip-in shoes to borrow.  I didn’t remember to ask about the SPD or Delta but I will when I near by later today.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 12:13 PM, _tacocat_ said:

I just checked with an instructor and they said they are SPD. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I've done a few of the group classes--none required any equipment that wasn't supplied.  This included the classes in The Manor and those in the gym.   I'm a long way from a fitness nut, so hard to evaluate the classes.  I found them to be "go at your own level" and very comfortable to do, rather than some at local on land gyms where I felt "too old,"  "too out of shape" or whatever.  Yes, I realize that my feelings are on me.  But on the ship, I did not feel out of place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just got back from Scarlet Lady. I saw the spin room door open early one morning and went in. I found my size shoe, clipped in and used the bike. It had my info up on the screen and there is a monitor attached. I’m not sure how often the door is open, but that was my experience.