Royal excursion recommendations for St. Thomas

RNic

We will be on the Harmony of the Seas in early December and stopping in St. Thomas. It’ll be our first time there and looking for excursion suggests. Would love to hear some ideas.  Thanks!

Do you like to sail/snorkel? We have done the Champagne Cat twice now. The first time in 2017 with our high school senior and his older brother. When they heard we were going back they said you just have to do it again- so we did. It is a cat that goes over to Honeymoon Beach (which sits below Kenny Chesney's home). You can snorkel (or not, they will take you by small boat to the beach) or swim. We saw sea turtles and many fish. On the way back we enjoyed cheese/sausage/crackers and rum punch. My DH says I only had one glass (as the crew kept it full). They also have soft drinks and water. In 2017 they also had beer, but for some reason last week no beer. It was a half day thing. Crew was fun and our fellow passengers were great too. FYI, St. Thomas has a mask mandate that is not only indoors but outdoors too. Once we were on the cat no issues, it could come off but even on our open air bus we had to have our masks on, and while walking around the port.

Agree with Champagne Cat to St Johns.  Masks came off when we left the marina on the cat.  Went in September and good tour.  Not much traffic going through town in the "cab" with most stores closed.

If the Doubloon sea turtle snorkeling excursion is still offered (I think they called it snorkel with sea turtles on a pirate ship or something like that in the cruise planner), it was one of my favorite ship-purchased excursions of all time. 

22 hours ago, WisconsinFan said:

Do you like to sail/snorkel? We have done the Champagne Cat twice now. The first time in 2017 with our high school senior and his older brother. When they heard we were going back they said you just have to do it again- so we did. It is a cat that goes over to Honeymoon Beach (which sits below Kenny Chesney's home). You can snorkel (or not, they will take you by small boat to the beach) or swim. We saw sea turtles and many fish. On the way back we enjoyed cheese/sausage/crackers and rum punch. My DH says I only had one glass (as the crew kept it full). They also have soft drinks and water. In 2017 they also had beer, but for some reason last week no beer. It was a half day thing. Crew was fun and our fellow passengers were great too. FYI, St. Thomas has a mask mandate that is not only indoors but outdoors too. Once we were on the cat no issues, it could come off but even on our open air bus we had to have our masks on, and while walking around the port.

We are very interested in this excursion. What time of year did you go?  We have been in the Bahamas at Christmas time and found the water cold. They actually canceled our snorkeling excursion because of the water temp. We were wondering if it’s any warmer in St. Maarten. I know we don’t have to snorkel, but would like the option. 

6 hours ago, RNic said:

We are very interested in this excursion. What time of year did you go?  We have been in the Bahamas at Christmas time and found the water cold. They actually canceled our snorkeling excursion because of the water temp. We were wondering if it’s any warmer in St. Maarten. I know we don’t have to snorkel, but would like the option. 

we were in St Thomas and St Maarten in November 2019 (Thanksgiving). St Thomas: a cloudy, pleasant day, super nice warm water. St Maarten the next day: scorching hot day, full sun, colder water (but still nice).

On our way to Sapphire, our RCCL taxi bus was driving aggressively and hit an oncoming car with enough force to trigger the driver's air bag, swerved into a wall, and broke an axel. While there were injuries on the bus, the tour company was only interested in herding people into another taxi and dropping us at the beach so that they could get paid. When we got back to the ship, they seemed to be a bit more concerned about kids with bumps on their heads from being thrown unrestrained into the row of seats in front of them. 

image.png.5b0ae2f3f3272f72079e51657a2e403b.png

image.png.7166e1b0f00e63d78991e47ff1c0beb3.png

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 11:53 AM, RNic said:

We went one time in March, and just did this first week of October on Symphony.  Remember, the Bahamas are pretty far north. The water and air are warm and clear. Temps are normally in the mid-80s as they are so far south. This excursion is St. Thomas to St. John. 

PA060309.jpg

PA060304.jpg

PA060315.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, island284 said:

WISCONSIN FAN. Which excursion did you take?  We are in the Symph this coming Saturday. 
BTW…we lived in Waukesha and Oconomowoc Lake years ago. 

We were on the Champagne Cat, 1/2 day sailing. We did it in 2017 with our 18 year old and his older brother and had to do it again. Highly recommend. Young crew, and great time. After swimming and snorkeling rum punch, soft drinks and cheese, sausage with crackers. We live north of Madison! Enjoy Symphony, we were on her Oct. 2 to 9.

We just cancelled our original excrusion and  booked the 1/2 day Champagne Catamarin to St John.  I think we did something simialr when we were on Indy in 2009 but I dont remember if it was a catamaran.  St Joh is gorgeous!