Binax at home Covid rest

Lulley766

I took this test today and thought I would pass on a few thoughts about the experience. All in all, it was easy. My and my husband's phone are identical.  The technical audio and video test worked on his, but not on mine.   To solve this problem  I logged into the Emed app and then clicked thru to the Navica site which made it work.  It would not work starting in Navica.

We did our tests early morning (EST Time). We were transferred to a call center in, I'm betting, in India. Other than being a little hard to understand the Procter, it was fine.  

One point to note, when the proctor asks you how many lines you see on the card, they will say"Do you see 2 lines". Immediately answer "NO" as 2 lines is Covid positive.  They did this to both my husband and me, so be careful how you answer.  Also the pink line showing a negative result is very faint, which is why I think they ask. I'm betting it's too faint to see on camera.

They will ask for your ID and your test card, both of which have to be shown to the proctor on the backside of your phone, not the selfie side. 

All in all, it was good. I would recommended doing it as early in the day as possible. 

Any questions, ask away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

I’d like to thank you for your input on how to attempt to cheat the test. Not so sure it will matter, but certainly might help someone jump onboard with a positive result.  Thanks again. 

No.. But if line is faint, you might not notice it right away and result will be inconclusive. They do ask you to show result and QR code is right next to it, in case you want to re-use negative result of your spouse.

This is not scientific test as antigen only shows positive result if you are already sick today, not just infected, but considering all people are vaccinated risk is low.

You just need to realize that it is a stressful procedure and people are anxious. We were after one by one CVS cancelled our main and insurance appointments (2 hours before scheduled appointment). We were glad we ordered 2 (1 for each) tests as a double insurance... and could not afford to not pass it due to silly mistake.

Edited by Tatka

7 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

I’d like to thank you for your input on how to attempt to cheat the test. Not so sure it will matter, but certainly might help someone jump onboard with a positive result.  Thanks again. 

You still have to show the test. That was not my intent to defraud. When I took the test I was pretty stressed at having a false positive or an inconclusive test, (yes there is such a thing).  It would be easy for someone to second guess themselves. If you are truly that concerned about being around someone who "faked" their test, perhaps you should just stay home.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Did you and your husband complete the test at the same time with the same proctor? Wondering if we need to call/login twice. Thank you 

We made 2 calls, as we were concerned that things could get mingled. Was only on hold for a couple of minutes for the second test.

• Like 1

I took this test today for a cruise on Sunday.  It was a little confusing.  I didn't realize I needed both the computer (for emed) & the cell phone (for Navica).  My cell would not scan the QR code but my computer did.  The proctor was on the computer.  Everything there went fine.  Eventually I did receive my results on my cell from Navica.  I received an email from Navica but I couldn't print the results.  I had to call Emed about 7 hours later for their email with the results that I could print.  

Needless to say, today was a stressful day waiting for the second email that I could print my results.  I think I read that RCI would accept the results on my cell as well as a printout so I might have been okay.

Glad that step is completed.  Now I just have to do the health questionairre.

I did the test today, as well.   Let me start by saying....PLEASE buy extra tests!!!   If you are two people, buy at least the 3-pack minimum.

I did my test first, on a laptop.  Super easy.  Results were emailed to me, and I also got a green QR code on my Navica app.

Then, my traveling companion called in.  Lo and behold,  the tiny container with the liquid was empty!!  The proctor asked if we had an extra test, and we said no.  I asked if we could use the leftover solution from my test, and the proctor said no, it is considered contaminated since I opened it previously.  So we were stuck.

We are lucky that we live in a metropolitan/suburban area with lots of urgent care places, and we found one that could do a walk-in test.  Phew!!!!!!!   We went to Northwell Health here on Long Island, since most pharmacies require appointments.

(Just for kicks, we completed her test with the extra liquid from my test, and it was negative...we just needed that darn QR code/piece of paper.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Tried establish an account using the NAVICA app.  I put in my email and got a code but no keyboard would come up to type in a password.  So I went to to mynavica.abbott on my laptop and created an account there. 

The NAVICA online test is one of my 4 options.  I have 4 tests that could cover my October 31 and December 5 cruises.  We're also scheduled at an Urgent Care for noon on Friday before our cruise and may also go to an Urgent Care closer to our house when they open at 8 am. 

Tried to schedule a test at CVS at 2 am and they were full aready.  And last cruise CVS cancelled our test 90 minutes before it was scheduled.  I'm seeing similar experiences on Cruise Critic.  

The worst part of this process is getting and using the Navica App on your phone, in my experience!  It took forever, but once my account was set up, I was able to go to emed.com on my laptop - thankfully!  Then it was pretty much flawless.  We got a box of 6 tests, although we just need 2 for our upcoming cruise.  I'm glad I got extras because I unexpectedly had to use one last week, and now I know the drill!

Emed.com established a connection with my laptop camera, then the first proctor asked me to hold my photo ID up next to my face.  Did that.  We went through a little identifying information, but nothing too lengthy.  She had to see the QR code.  I had to jockey my laptop around a bit to give her the best view, but finally got it.  She instructed me on every step of the test, including breaking the seal on the box to start with as she watched.  (DO NOT open your test box until instructed.)  When the test was complete, she told me to lay it flat on the table and wait 15 minutes.  (They show you 'informational videos' if you sit there for the whole time, but you can go and come back if you want.  Just don't be late.)

I came back to the computer with a minute to spare and sat through the little clock counting down...then a box appeared that told me I would be next...then the 2nd proctor came on and I had to describe what I saw and also show her the test card.  She could see the line and verified my result.  I got an email very quickly with my official result.  

I'm attaching a photo of the test card so you can see the line for yourself.  The line is a light pink color, and yes it is LIGHT.  The positive and negative examples on the card make the line look like it should be darker, but it's light.   Although it's light, it is definitely visible.   And there is definitely only one line on my negative (yay!) test.  I did mine in the middle of a Thursday afternoon and had no waiting.

Now that I know what to do/expect with this test, I am so glad we'll be using it before our cruise.  To me it's a major reduction of the hassle factor of making appointments, going somewhere, hanging out in a waiting area waiting for your turn, and then worrying about the timely official response.  If I can do this successfully (I'm a dinosaur and pretty much only use my phone for phone calls:classic_wink:...) all of you can do it.

Judy

IMG_0791.thumb.jpg.9b9805253d75b286b5841be3b579583b.jpg 

Edited by foxgoodrich
spelling
  • Like 4

Hello can someone confirm If this test is acceptable for vaccinated guest. This requires a video call with a health professional using NAVICA app.

our local library has these test for free.

also this can’t be used for Unvaccinated 2 year old? What have you used in that case?

image.jpg

On 10/16/2021 at 8:30 PM, foxgoodrich said:

The worst part of this process is getting and using the Navica App on your phone, in my experience!  It took forever, but once my account was set up, I was able to go to emed.com on my laptop - thankfully!  Then it was pretty much flawless.  We got a box of 6 tests, although we just need 2 for our upcoming cruise.  I'm glad I got extras because I unexpectedly had to use one last week, and now I know the drill!

Emed.com established a connection with my laptop camera, then the first proctor asked me to hold my photo ID up next to my face.  Did that.  We went through a little identifying information, but nothing too lengthy.  She had to see the QR code.  I had to jockey my laptop around a bit to give her the best view, but finally got it.  She instructed me on every step of the test, including breaking the seal on the box to start with as she watched.  (DO NOT open your test box until instructed.)  When the test was complete, she told me to lay it flat on the table and wait 15 minutes.  (They show you 'informational videos' if you sit there for the whole time, but you can go and come back if you want.  Just don't be late.)

I came back to the computer with a minute to spare and sat through the little clock counting down...then a box appeared that told me I would be next...then the 2nd proctor came on and I had to describe what I saw and also show her the test card.  She could see the line and verified my result.  I got an email very quickly with my official result.  

I'm attaching a photo of the test card so you can see the line for yourself.  The line is a light pink color, and yes it is LIGHT.  The positive and negative examples on the card make the line look like it should be darker, but it's light.   Although it's light, it is definitely visible.   And there is definitely only one line on my negative (yay!) test.  I did mine in the middle of a Thursday afternoon and had no waiting.

Now that I know what to do/expect with this test, I am so glad we'll be using it before our cruise.  To me it's a major reduction of the hassle factor of making appointments, going somewhere, hanging out in a waiting area waiting for your turn, and then worrying about the timely official response.  If I can do this successfully (I'm a dinosaur and pretty much only use my phone for phone calls:classic_wink:...) all of you can do it.

Judy

IMG_0791.thumb.jpg.9b9805253d75b286b5841be3b579583b.jpg 

You give me hope!  I’m concerned my dh and I will have trouble with all this technical stuff.

12 hours ago, Sayuil said:

Hello can someone confirm If this test is acceptable for vaccinated guest. This requires a video call with a health professional using NAVICA app.

our local library has these test for free.

also this can’t be used for Unvaccinated 2 year old? What have you used in that case?

image.jpg

Yes that is acceptable. Don’t open until the phone representative gives the ok.

On 10/15/2021 at 5:47 PM, Lulley766 said:

You still have to show the test. That was not my intent to defraud. When I took the test I was pretty stressed at having a false positive or an inconclusive test, (yes there is such a thing).  It would be easy for someone to second guess themselves. If you are truly that concerned about being around someone who "faked" their test, perhaps you should just stay home.

Like button hit! Well said.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sayuil said:

also this can’t be used for Unvaccinated 2 year old? What have you used in that case?

Royal has since stated that you CAN use a non-PCR test for unvaccinated children -- you just can't do it the same day as the cruise.

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

Royal has since stated that you CAN use a non-PCR test for unvaccinated children -- you just can't do it the same day as the cruise.

But I also read that they don’t allow tele health supervised test for unvaccinated guest. I m having hard time finding a test site for my 2 year old. Cvs and walgreeb do test for 3 or older