Binax at home Covid rest

Lulley766

58 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

But I also read that they don’t allow tele health supervised test for unvaccinated guest. I m having hard time finding a test site for my 2 year old. Cvs and walgreeb do test for 3 or older

When they required a PCR test for kids, telehealth wasn't allowed.  But according to their website right now, children can get a PCR *or* antigen test (highlighted below), which would include the supervised home test:

• Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 3 days before boarding day. Kids’ pre-cruise test cannot be taken on boarding day, because that may affect the sample taken during the kids’ test at the terminal.
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, brillohead said:

When they required a PCR test for kids, telehealth wasn't allowed.  But according to their website right now, children can get a PCR *or* antigen test (highlighted below), which would include the supervised home test:

• Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 3 days before boarding day. Kids’ pre-cruise test cannot be taken on boarding day, because that may affect the sample taken during the kids’ test at the terminal.

on a different FAQ about telehealth. It mention only for Fully Vaccinated guest. So its really confusing. I tried calling their helpline and even they were not sure.

Maybe someone with first hand experience can tell if Telehealth Supervised test are acceptable for Unvaccinated Kids?

For fully vaccinated guests cruising from U.S. ports, we accept self-administered COVID-19 tests taken under live video supervision.

Telehealth self-tests taken at home must meet these requirements:

• Per U.S. CDC guidance, only vaccinated guests may present self-administered telehealth COVID-19 test results at the terminal to satisfy the pre-cruise testing requirement.
  • The test must have Emergency Use Authorization from the U.S. FDA.
  • The self-test process must happen under live supervision on a video call with a telehealth representative.
  • The telehealth provider must issue you a result document that includes all the necessary information.

41 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

Maybe someone with first hand experience can tell if Telehealth Supervised test are acceptable for Unvaccinated Kids?

They are not acceptable for unvaccinated kids.  You are likely going to have to find an urgent care, lab or hospital that will do testing the on a 2 year old.

42 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

They are not acceptable for unvaccinated kids.  You are likely going to have to find an urgent care, lab or hospital that will do testing the on a 2 year old.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will start with his primary care physician office. They will surely know.

Can’t lie…I found this stressful. Just having to move from the phone to the laptop was unexpected. Luckily I’d read through this post. Before the test itself I experienced a glitch.   The proctor couldn’t read my birthday from my license and very quickly told me to call customer service and then she logged out of the call. I started over, this time using my passport as ID, and a more patient proctor and that worked.  But reading about the process was very helpful so my thanks to the original poster and all who contributed.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ljk76 said:

Just having to move from the phone to the laptop was unexpected.

Question about doing it by laptop. Do you try and scan the QR code first or go to the eMed.com site first? I could not get my Macbook Pro to even scan the QR code on the box.

I will have both as we will test at our hotel. I thought the laptop might be easier since I can position it easier than the phone. I may just end up doing it by phone since I already have the Navica app installed.

I did this test today as a dry run before a November cruise.  Did the whole thing with an iphone but when I do it for real will try an ipad. Found I had to use safari on the iphone and go in to emed.com in safari to start the test.  Tried going in through the Navica app and failed miserably. Used a phone holder that I had in the car (to hold the iphone) but the holder was so big that when the proctor wanted to see the ID and test result it was hard to place those on the camera side of the iphone.  Wish I had seen this string of posts before I tried the test since I tried to show those to the proctor on the screen side, not the camera side. During the 15 minute wait for the testing process, you are to have the test pack in view of the camera and not touch the test pack so next time I am going to use the ipad since I have a cover for it and it will sit on the table standing up without anyone holding it. After the 15 minutes I picked up the test pack and showed it to the proctor on the camera side.  Next time will leave it untouched on the table and pick up the Ipad and point the ipad camera at it.  Good luck everyone!

• Like 2

I’m a little confused by this thread.  Are you allowed to flip the camera between selfie mode and camera forward mode during the test.  Is it because the selfie camera isn’t clear enough for them to read the box etc?  Wouldn’t that switching break the requirement to be fully monitored….or is it just for the code and ID portion?

Plan to use an iPad.  Do I just set it up to use the camera forward side?  How do I see the proctor etc if I do that?

I watched the YouTube video everyone recommends and the guy just uses his computer camera for everything.  How is that different from using your phone or iPad in selfie mode?

sorry if this is a silly question.

8 hours ago, dianajo67 said:

Are you allowed to flip the camera between selfie mode and camera forward mode during the test.

Based on our experience doing the monitored tests about a month ago, the answer is no, you cannot yourself switch from front to back cameras. We had one person taking the test and one holding the phone, so I asked if we could switch to the back camera. The proctor said no. However, when it came time to take a picture of the completed test card, they switched to the back camera.

55 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

Based on our experience doing the monitored tests about a month ago, the answer is no, you cannot yourself switch from front to back cameras. We had one person taking the test and one holding the phone, so I asked if we could switch to the back camera. The proctor said no. However, when it came time to take a picture of the completed test card, they switched to the back camera.

Thank you for clarifying!  We’re going to do a ‘practice’ test regardless before our November cruises as we have 6 tests and they will expire (unfortunately) before our Jan cruises.

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Basically does it act like zoom?

Sorta, though some/most use Zoom in a dedicated app, while on a laptop this test uses a browser interface (which can use the built in webcam, mic).

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

(which can use the built in webcam, mic).

Thank you that was I info I needed. I know just enough to make me dangerous in the world of tech. I just want to make sure when we take the test there are no hiccups.

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I have a question about those who have used laptops. Do you need an actually external webcam or does the emed site access your onboard camera in the lid of the laptop? Basically does it act like zoom?

On board camera…

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 4:47 PM, Lulley766 said:

You still have to show the test. That was not my intent to defraud. When I took the test I was pretty stressed at having a false positive or an inconclusive test, (yes there is such a thing).  It would be easy for someone to second guess themselves. If you are truly that concerned about being around someone who "faked" their test, perhaps you should just stay home.

Lulley, We appreciate your comments and heads-up on the faint lines and the assistance needed by the Procter to interpret the camera view. Surprised by the blunt comments by the commenters to your post. Keep posting. R/ JJ