NCL Air

Oakman58

The last time we used NCL air (Sep ’19) we were assigned a lousy departure time post-cruise out of Miami.  We did get a nonstop flight but the departure from Miami to STL was 8:45PM.  So I was thrilled yesterday when we received our flight confirmation for our Mexican Riviera cruise and our departure time from LAX to STL is 1:10 PM.  When I book airlines post-cruise I never book flights that leave before noon so I'm tickled with 1:10 PM.

NCL used Delta for our flights to LAX and American for the flights back to STL.

• Like 4

On 10/16/2021 at 9:08 AM, CruisinNewbie11 said:

I am booked for air with NCL for November, 2021.  I got fabulous flights, going with Delta, coming back with American.   Couldn't have done any better if I booked myself.  Totally satisified.

Hi CruisinNewbie11 -- out of curiosity how many weeks ahead of departure did NCL book your flight? 

I'm about ~55 days out and am getting nervous we don't have our flight details and every time I call I seem to hear "it will happen soon" from the consultants.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Don't worry, I got my final air from NCL at 45 day mark.   Then, you can call the airline and choose your seat and sometimes they will offer upgrade( for a fee).  If you check your summary, it should show a tentative air plan, but that isn't written in stone.  At least in my case, mine changed.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 7:06 AM, Oakman58 said:

The last time we used NCL air (Sep ’19) we were assigned a lousy departure time post-cruise out of Miami.  We did get a nonstop flight but the departure from Miami to STL was 8:45PM.  So I was thrilled yesterday when we received our flight confirmation for our Mexican Riviera cruise and our departure time from LAX to STL is 1:10 PM.  When I book airlines post-cruise I never book flights that leave before noon so I'm tickled with 1:10 PM.

Congratulations! Enjoy your cruise. And the BOGO air at a great time sounds wonderful!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susandt said:

Looks like our air reservation has disappeared, hmm.

5 minutes ago, Diane67B said:

Not to worry. I think everyone’s air disappeared from their reservation. Apparently, it will show back up at approximately 45 days until departure.

Honestly, I'm not sure why they didn't make this change sooner.  Rather than placeholders, they should just have something indicating that the information will be available approx. 6 weeks prior to sail date.

• Like 4

My air info also disappeared a couple of weeks ago. We sail Dec 12. My PCC said not to worry it will all show back up when they book the flights and the reservations are ticketed. He also said if I don't see anything by next week to call him back and he will do a bit of bird dogging for me. I am at 51 days from sail date.  So watching things closely. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kdmbluerzr said:

My air info also disappeared a couple of weeks ago. We sail Dec 12. My PCC said not to worry it will all show back up when they book the flights and the reservations are ticketed. He also said if I don't see anything by next week to call him back and he will do a bit of bird dogging for me. I am at 51 days from sail date.  So watching things closely. 

We are on the same cruise - waiting for our info so we can make plans

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 6:06 AM, Oakman58 said:

I forgot to mention I was able to go to the airlines website and choose our seats and also sync those flights to our Skymiles and American Advantage programs.

• Like 3

I was pleasantly surprised with the air chosen by NCL.  I expected the worst, but as soon as I got my confirmation numbers I was able to log into the airlines, connect my mileage program, choose my seats and even in the initial flight upgrade my seats.  They also allowed one checked bag pp, which I was expecting to have to pay extra to check bags.  I know I've read where others have had a bad experience, but ours was just fine.  We did have a long layover in Miami coming home, but I had checked other flights and unless they were going to use Southwest, it couldn't be helped.

On 10/16/2021 at 7:08 AM, CruisinNewbie11 said:

I am booked for air with NCL for November, 2021.  I got fabulous flights, going with Delta, coming back with American.   Couldn't have done any better if I booked myself.  Totally satisified.

Hi.  I just booked my air with NCL today and they told me that I would not get my flight info until 45 days of cruise.  Hopefully you will hear soon from them.

At time of booking, mine showed PIT-CLT-LAX and LAX-DFW-PIT.  Paid in full yesterday, and now it doesn't show anything.  I was worried, but I guess this is across the board.  Honestly, I don't care as long as I'm there in time to get covid tested and on board in time.  The only thing that worries me is January weather in Pittsburgh.  I tried to divert the flight in to a day earlier but they said for my sailing they only offer flight diversions post-cruise so I had to fly in day-of.

18 minutes ago, kpjb said:

At time of booking, mine showed PIT-CLT-LAX and LAX-DFW-PIT.  Paid in full yesterday, and now it doesn't show anything.  I was worried, but I guess this is across the board.  Honestly, I don't care as long as I'm there in time to get covid tested and on board in time.  The only thing that worries me is January weather in Pittsburgh.  I tried to divert the flight in to a day earlier but they said for my sailing they only offer flight diversions post-cruise so I had to fly in day-of.

After we paid the original flights disappeared too. We are 50 days out. 

5 hours ago, kpjb said:

I guess at this point all you can do is hope for the best and not worry about what the weather might do to your flight.  I would hope if you missed the cruise because of NCL air they would refund your money and perhaps put you up in a hotel until you can fly back home.

Looking on the forum it seems 45 days is the date to get flight details. Today we are on day 45 and all I see in our account are flights going to our embarkation port and the cites we will be flying to. No details on times or returning flights are displayed. 

Any idea on we can expect all the details and flight numbers?

• Like 2

We got our flight info this morning. Yay! Seems 45 days is the magic number.  Received an email from NCL with all the details, confirmation number, all flight info. Was able to go to the airline website, enter our confirmation # and upgrade our seats. Enter our known traveler numbers so we can access the TSA Precheck area at the airports, personal contact info, etc. 

jstraw89, check your email.  MyNcl account shows only the departing flight info, just like yours. The email attachment has everything you need.  Hope you recieved that. 

• Like 1