2022 ATW

WholeNewWorld

Good morning.  Did anyone else have their booking disappear from the Oceania Website?  Im wondering if they finally canceled it...

While I had doubts that this cruise would go-I really did want it to.  

(I did post this in the ATW forum but I thought I'd ask here too incase some do not check both sections)

yes, ATW22 booking has disappeared for many of us.  Doubt they are cancelling. 

Appears from the O website there is a hole from Insignia's arrival in LA on Jan 6 until Tokyo on March 19. 

13 minutes ago, WholeNewWorld said:

Maybe they are doing a re-schedule?  Removing AU and NZ.  Guess it will be interesting to see what comes of this

38 minutes ago, cbb said:

yes, ATW22 booking has disappeared for many of us.  Doubt they are cancelling. 

Appears from the O website there is a hole from Insignia's arrival in LA on Jan 6 until Tokyo on March 19. 

Just checked our segments from May to July (CPT-LIS; LIS-NYC) and they’re still there.  I think we all knew/know that OZ/NZ is out of the picture. Soon we’ll see the replacements and my prediction continues to be replacing it with Pacific South America and an added number of terrific Pacific islands (perhaps Rapa Nui and Pitcairn included?)

6 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Just checked our segments from May to July (CPT-LIS; LIS-NYC) and they’re still there.  I think we all knew/know that OZ/NZ is out of the picture. Soon we’ll see the replacements and my prediction continues to be replacing it with Pacific South America and an added number of terrific Pacific islands (perhaps Rapa Nui and Pitcairn included?)

I'd love more time there for diving!  Lets hope that is right.

17 minutes ago, WholeNewWorld said:

I'd love more time there for diving!  Lets hope that is right.

Despite all the expected fears and concerns about where our hard earned money is taking us, my experience with O’s handling of 2020-21 Covid route mods/cancels/refunds/etc (affecting more than a handful of our segments) has been that they’ve handled it all in an exemplary manner. 
It will all work out. 

Ray Carr has mentioned on his FB page that he will be the CD for the first half of the 2022 ATW and Leslie John will be CD for second half.......he is heading to Insignia in November along with many other crew.  

• Like 1

For those going on the ATW 2022, How do these changes look to you? Still excited for your cruise of a lifetime? Too many sea days? (how can there ever be too many sea days?).

some might decide to cancel, making room for the hopefuls on the waitlist to make it onto this cruise. Tell about it - curious minds want to know!

8 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

For those going on the ATW 2022, How do these changes look to you? Still excited for your cruise of a lifetime? Too many sea days? (how can there ever be too many sea days?).

some might decide to cancel, making room for the hopefuls on the waitlist to make it onto this cruise. Tell about it - curious minds want to know!

Actually, there are less sea days in the revision and several good overnights including San Francisco (where the ship docks right at the Embarcadero).
Fortunately, SF has a small enough footprint that terrific museums and excellent restaurants are only a short distance away. And an evening cruise out the Golden Gate is spectacular.

Within walking distance from the pier, checkout the unique shops at the Ferry Building and consider dining at The Slanted Door there (book ASAP).

And, with the understanding that we avoided for many years what we thought would be too “touristy,” a trip/tour to/at Alcatraz (requested by a visiting NY friend) turned is an absolute “must do!” Pre-purchased online tix go very fast - So it’s another ASAP item.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Im excited for the changes! Lots of spots to go diving including 3 extra days in Papeete!  

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

35 is the main cruise terminal.

Yes, I know I've been on an NCL B2B cruise that ended and started at 35. My point is that both piers are on the Embarcadero and no cruise line docks anywhere but one of the those two piers so the fact that Insignia will dock at a pier on the Embarcadero isn't in any way special.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Yes, I know I've been on an NCL B2B cruise that ended and started at 35. My point is that both piers are on the Embarcadero and no cruise line docks anywhere but one of the those two piers so the fact that Insignia will dock at a pier on the Embarcadero isn't in any way special.

Yes we’ll see the occasional cruise ship down a ways from 35. But, the bottom line good news is that cruise ships in SF dock in a great location. Same goes for San Diego and even a small port like Monterey. Of course San Pedro (Port of L.A.) is a whole other story!

So for those of you who have booked this and are still going on it, what did you do about travel insurance?  Ive been trying to find ins but most companies will only insure 180 days, this cruise is 181 (at least LA to NYC).  Oceania's policy only insures up to $50,000 cancellation, the cruise is over $120K.   Any advise??