Mini-Suites on CP for 2 Adults, 2 kids

pklein9747

We're looking at sailing with our whole family on the Caribbean Princess next summer.  I want to book three cabins together so we can all share the balconies.  My son, his DW and two boys (ages 8 & 3) would be sailing in one of the cabins.  I notice that when I look at mini-suites that accommodate 4 people, I am very limited as to availability.  However, the two boys would share the sofa bed (in reality, the little one would probably still be sleeping with his parents).  They would not use the upper berth at all.  Does anyone know if Princess allows two adults and two young kids in a cabin that accommodates 3 people?  

Generally no. You might have to book one of the youth with you and then when you board they can bunk with their parents. The mini suite 4th berth is usually an upper berth that lowers from the ceiling above the sofa horizontal to the wall. It blocks access to the balcony when in use. Sometimes you can arrange a roll away when booking.

Things to remember

There is a door in the balcony partitions that is about 2 feet wide. When open it provides access but does not make one large balcony.

If any of the bookings is in a club class mini suite then those passengers will be able to dine in the club class DR area. Family members that are not in club class mini suites are not permitted to dine there.

Mini suites on deck 9 have 9ft x 6ft uncovered balconies. The 12 mini suites on deck 8 aft have covered balconies. The starboard minis on deck 8 are above a smoking area on deck 7 below.

Right now only fully vaccinated can board. I think you have to assume this will continue. It's reported that vaccine availability for 5 to 11 year olds will come probably in November this year. It is also reported that efficacy information for those under 5 is expected to be filed at some point. You need to follow this as the 3 year old may not be allowed to board if approval does not come in time.

For your future reference, CP (Sea Princess) is no longer in the fleet. CB is a lovely ship and we are looking forward to boarding it again next month. It will be our second cruise on her. 

We have a family cruise on Caribbean Princess in March, 2022.  It had to be rescheduled due to CP going into drydock.  Originally we had 3 adjacent mini-suites for 5 adults and 2 teenagers.  With the reschedule we couldn't do that.  We still have 3 mini-suites but they are not together.  So if having them adjacent is critical for you then booking early is a good idea.