Best Hertz drop off location for a celebrity cruise?

isdoo

We are hiring a car before cruising in a suite with Celebrity. 

There doesn't seem to be a shuttle from the hertz at the airport  to the cruise terminal. 

Just wondering if anyone with knowledge locally be able to advise us as to where to drop the car off and then get a cab? There are various locations. 

We are in a top suite so I seem to recall that we get a card to be dropped off closer to the terminal - but am not sure. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Everyone gets dropped off at approximately the same location, it’s just that suites will enter by a different door.

My memory of dropping off a car at the airport and then trying to get a shuttle or cab to the cruise port was that it wasn’t easy especially with luggage to transfer from the rental car area to where the cans are.

What are your other options for locations that you can drop the car at?  

2 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Everyone gets dropped off at approximately the same location, it’s just that suites will enter by a different door.

My memory of dropping off a car at the airport and then trying to get a shuttle or cab to the cruise port was that it wasn’t easy especially with luggage to transfer from the rental car area to where the cans are.

What are your other options for locations that you can drop the car at?  

East Sunrise is an option. 901 East Sunrise Blvd 

Is this cruise out of Ft Lauderdale?  We do this all the time using a rental car.  My wife and I will drop off all our luggage with cruise tags at the port, and then we will drive back to the airport (10 -- 15 minutes away). Return the car and take a taxi back to the port.  Works well.

If this cruise is out of Miami, there are rental car companies that will give you a free ride back to the port.  Seems like we used Dollar the last time, but check to see which companies provide the service.

Good luck,

Kel

Hertz car rentals serving Port Everglades are based at 455 SR 84 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. The hotel is 1.3 miles from the cruise port and the journey takes about seven minutes by shuttle bus. Hertz operates daily from 8 am to 6 pm weekdays and 7 am to 3 pm on weekends.

This is the most recent info I can find. 

2 minutes ago, phillygirl2400 said:

Hertz car rentals serving Port Everglades are based at 455 SR 84 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. The hotel is 1.3 miles from the cruise port and the journey takes about seven minutes by shuttle bus. Hertz operates daily from 8 am to 6 pm weekdays and 7 am to 3 pm on weekends.

This is the most recent info I can find. 

I do not think it is still operational, but thank you 

7 hours ago, phillygirl2400 said:

Sorry for the bad info. 😞 

hey - no worries!

I can't find reports in the last year or so - and it doesn't show on the Hertz site as pickup/drop off options. It is there under a search, but that seems like old data. 

18 hours ago, isdoo said:

There doesn't seem to be a shuttle from the hertz at the airport  to the cruise terminal. 

Does it have to be Hertz?  Does the vehicle have to be returned at the airport?

We have learned that avoiding airports when renting and returning vehicles saves us a lot in rental fees.  As long as I can remember, we have used Budget Car Rental before or after cruises out of Port Everglades.  There are two convenient locations that used to offer shuttles to and from the port:

2520 Miami Rd
      Hollywood FL 33316

1515 SE 17th Street Causeway
     Fort Lauderdale FL 33316

Also, we have been using AutoSlash for some very good pricing.  You enter your requirements on their website and they provide pricing and links to various sites where you can book if you wish. 

Thanks - we are actually picking it up in Miami and returning it to Fort Lauderdale. 

Was trying to avoid the airport return if possible. 

The only one outside, I think is 901 East Sunrise Blvd  for Hertz.

As I am President's Circle with Hertz, it makes sense to use them. Although I am also top status with Avis, so maybe I will look there.