S.A.L.T. Lab sign ups?

RELS

How does one sign up for S.A.L.T. Lab sessions on the Moon? I am looking at both the MySilversea offerings and the Tour Programme PDF, and I am not seeing any reference to the S.A.L.T. Lab (or S.A.L.T. Ashore, for that matter) in either of those places.

Thanks for any pointers!

The SALT shore excursions - local food experiences- are listed in the shore excursions in My Silversea. In Greece they were  only offered in a couple of ports and the same seems to be true of the South America cruise we have booked for January. Once on board you can ask for a list of all SALT lab classes for the cruise and sign up at Reception.

1 hour ago, sea bright said:

The SALT shore excursions - local food experiences- are listed in the shore excursions in My Silversea.

There don't seem to be any designated as SALT (or S.A.L.T.) for our Iceland/Norway cruises in May/June. Do you recall if the descriptions used those terms (I am searching the PDF :-)?

Not trying to book from the

1 minute ago, Stumblefoot said:

I’ve never seen SS make an excursion bookable from an Adobe PDF file before.

Not trying to book from the PDF, just trying to find the excursion(s) so I'm ready to book at the correct time. It turns out that the PDF (DM_<xxxxxx>_TourProgramme_<cruisedesugnation>.pdf ) that you can download at any time from the website is not searchable. Terms I know are in the file do not show in a search request. I will have to use my eyeballs instead of having technology help me.

I have found one that I think is a SALT excursion, but it's labeled "Culinary Excursion," and the term SALT (or S.A.L.T.) is not in the header or description anywhere.

You may be too far out. For both our Greece and Jan South America cruises there were designated SALT excursions in certain ports listed in My Silversea. However, we were within 6 mos when we booked and we don't have anything booked on the Moon more than 6 months out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RELS said:

There don't seem to be any designated as SALT (or S.A.L.T.) for our Iceland/Norway cruises in May/June. Do you recall if the descriptions used those terms (I am searching the PDF :-)?

What ship are you on? This voyage sounds familiar that the Cloud is doing. Just FYI not all ships have S.A.L.T. type restaurant onboard. 

4 hours ago, RELS said:

Not trying to book from the

Not trying to book from the PDF, just trying to find the excursion(s) so I'm ready to book at the correct time. It turns out that the PDF (DM_<xxxxxx>_TourProgramme_<cruisedesugnation>.pdf ) that you can download at any time from the website is not searchable. Terms I know are in the file do not show in a search request. I will have to use my eyeballs instead of having technology help me.

I have found one that I think is a SALT excursion, but it's labeled "Culinary Excursion," and the term SALT (or S.A.L.T.) is not in the header or description anywhere.

3 hours ago, sea bright said:

You may be too far out. For both our Greece and Jan South America cruises there were designated SALT excursions in certain ports listed in My Silversea. However, we were within 6 mos when we booked and we don't have anything booked on the Moon more than 6 months out.

I am booked on the Dawn in June and there is one SALT excursion listed (in the grouping that will require a fee.) It specifically says S.A.L.T.   I don't know if Silversea might add something to your cruise later, but this excursion has been named with my cruise since I booked it last June.

The S.A.L.T. Lab... cooking classes can only be reserved once onboard.  You will get a list when you arrive.  Sign up is at reception. Usually a morning and afternoon choice, even when in port.

The S.A.L.T. excursions can be booked on My Silversea. They are an added fee... but so worth it in my opinion.

The S.A.L.T. Kitchen restaurant is open seating, and in the month that I spent on the Moon I never had a problem getting a table.

Edited by voyageur
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the info, folks,

There are no SALT excursions listed for either of our B2B cruises on the Moon (Iceland and Norway). Maybe they'll add one or two between now and the end of May, but maybe there just won't be any.

I plan to sign up for a SALT Lab class as soon as I can. I am quite looking forward to it!

• Like 2