Grand Princess isolation cabins

lbfluffy

We booked a specific cabin on the Grand for December 30th. We booked A744 and said no upgrade. We like that location because it’s so close to the Terrace pool. Well I called today to inquire about the 72 hour sale. The agent was able to get us additional OBC. However when we got our invoice I saw they moved us to the dolphin deck aft. I was quite upset and called my TA. I was on hold with them while they waited to speak to Princess. Apparently the Aloha deck is now only for isolation from Covid. I was able to have them move us to L257. I think that’s a good location. I am not sure if the entire Aloha deck is for isolation, but I know the cabins aft are not available.

Was on the grand oct 12 / to the 18th...

was in room A301 everything below was first used for the the staff... if there was a outbreak the would kick the staff down to the normal rooms but yes the fire door was in the closed position 

I got moved from my Aloha cabin near the terrace pool too.  I was bummed because I wanted an easy way to go outdoors.  Anyway, I was told that was the isolation area.   Since I am on B2B, it was harder to get the same room both cruises, oh well on deck ten now.  

2 minutes ago, kfarris said:

same exact thing happened to us...we love the pool in back.  very upset.  now I'm wondering if the pool in back will even be open.  

they should have preplanned this in the beginning of 😡

They should have never even had any of those rooms available to book.  

We were so happy to have A744. When we booked we were on hold for over an hour. Our TA had to call Princess to get the room for us. I was quite upset when I found this out. Thankfully they moved us to a better location after I complained about the dolphin deck cabin all the way forward. We got L257. It seems  ideal, easy access to food, pool and bar! I better work on dropping some weight to counter the gain!!

We got an "Upgrade" notice from Princess this past week for our January sailing to Hawaii on the Grand.

Wow! I finally hit the upgrade lottery!!!

Then saw the upgrade was a move from an Aloha balcony to Caribe deck balcony. Huh? What kind of upgrade is that. So I asked and found out it's because our previous cabin was a set aside quarantine cabin. It's no problem for me, but I did chuckle about Princess calling it an upgrade. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RJGallagher1955 said:

We got an "Upgrade" notice from Princess this past week for our January sailing to Hawaii on the Grand.

Wow! I finally hit the upgrade lottery!!!

Then saw the upgrade was a move from an Aloha balcony to Caribe deck balcony. Huh? What kind of upgrade is that. So I asked and found out it's because our previous cabin was a set aside quarantine cabin. It's no problem for me, but I did chuckle about Princess calling it an upgrade. 

You did truly get an upgrade because the Caribe deck balconies are bigger.

24 minutes ago, RJGallagher1955 said:

Thanks good to know. We're in an accessible balcony, so are those balconies also bigger.?

The rooms are bigger, not sure about the balconies.  But, I have a friend who absolutely needs an accessible cabin and Princess may move you if you don't really need it.  It has happened in the past for her, where at first there are no cabins, then Princess will move guests and she gets a cabin.  

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Level six said:

The rooms are bigger, not sure about the balconies.  But, I have a friend who absolutely needs an accessible cabin and Princess may move you if you don't really need it.  It has happened in the past for her, where at first there are no cabins, then Princess will move guests and she gets a cabin.  

I book really early to get an accessible cabin. This upgrade was from one accessible balcony to another one. All is good. I'm writing this from the Lido deck on the Majestic and am so happy to be back onboard.👍😃👍

• Like 2