60 Day Final Payment

willb125

We are booked on the 1/19/22 Reflection sailing.  The original 90 day payment deadline is today, which is the date that still appears on the online payment screen.  Has anyone else seen this (for this or any other sailing)?  I don't want to lose the reservation, but I'd prefer to make final payment 60 days out, if possible.  I'm concerned the system will delete my reservation if I don't make payment today.

TIA for any light you can shed on this.

2 minutes ago, willb125 said:

We are booked on the 1/19/22 Reflection sailing.  The original 90 day payment deadline is today, which is the date that still appears on the online payment screen.  Has anyone else seen this (for this or any other sailing)?  I don't want to lose the reservation, but I'd prefer to make final payment 60 days out, if possible.  I'm concerned the system will delete my reservation if I don't make payment today.

Our 1/16 Apex changed to 60 days on the website. You should probably give them a call.

7 minutes ago, willb125 said:

I had a similar situation for my Jan 15 Apex cruise.  The original 90 days was changed to 60 days and then around 2 weeks ago the final payment data changed back to 90.  I also received an email advising my final payment date was due.  Ya I thought another IT mixup.  But in my case I just paid it because I needed the Amex spend to occur in Oct to advance my Delta airlines skymiles level.

Edited by ohiojohn

20 minutes ago, Big_G said:

Our 1/16 Apex changed to 60 days on the website. You should probably give them a call.

We may be on the same sailing.  but the Apex sails on Saturday Jan 15, 2022.  Maybe my misunderstanding if you meant Jan 15 2023.

Edited by ohiojohn
changing dates

16 minutes ago, ohiojohn said:

We may be on the same sailing.  but the Apex sails on Saturday Jan 15, 2022.  Maybe my misunderstanding if you meant Jan 15 2023.

Thanks. I keep mixing that up with another cruise. 🤪

We are on Jan 29Apex sailing, received the 60day final payment email, however, payment was taken out Oct 1. Still get full refund 75 days before sailing, so I didn’t worry about it. Not the best policy for Celebrity to send out payment change email and then still take payment 120days out

We're on the same cruise and our payment is due today (even though we got notice last week that the deposit on a cruise we previously had booked for February 2022 was changed from 90 days to 60 days).  I reluctantly made the final payment yesterday anyway.  It's very confusing.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you miss the final payment date? Do they contact you... before releasing your cabin... I would think they would not want to release it ...unless it is a very popular cruise and a full one. The reason I ask...is that we will be on a cruise when final payment is due on a later cruise... payment due on Dec 11 and we will be back Dec 14. I was hoping to see if cruising was still fun before making final payment....on another one.

We have a December sailing. Final payment was due in September. A couple of weeks ago we got an email stating that it was now 60 days before for final payment. A lot of good that did us since we paid in September and received the email in October 🤷🏻‍♀️

1 hour ago, sunseeker551 said:

I just did a mock booking for the cruise on the Celebrity website and it's now showing a final payment due date of November 5th.  On the weekend it was showing today.  Did you get it settled?

I just paid today.  We are fully committed to going, so the 30 days weren't that big a deal.  

I got the email about the switch from 90 days to 60 days and my online reservation was updated to reflect that change.  However after seeing this post, I checked my reservation today and the payment due date was changed back to the 90 day date (which was over a week ago).  Celebrity has not sent out a final payment request and my reservation looks intact so I'm thinking the online reservation due date is wrong and just a system glitch?  I'll call today to see what I can find out.

Our January Apex cruise went from 90 to 60 days for FP, and still shows 60 days.

Our March Edge cruise went from 90 to 60 days for FP, now shows 90.

Time for yet another call🙄🙄🙄🙄.

mac_tlc