Butcher’s Cut book now or onboard?

styles27

Didn’t make it to Butcher’s cut our first time on Divina because we ate in the YC restaurant. 

Will be celebrating a big birthday on our upcoming cruise and would like to book dinner at Butcher’s Cut. 

Are the restaurant prices listed on their site discounted or will they be the same if we book onboard?  

My birthday falls on the day we leave Ocean Cay and I’m not sure If that’s one of the not formal “formal” nights or not. 

Edited by styles27

"If you have purchased the Dining Experience package, you are entitled to 1 dish from either the Appetizers or the Featured Starters or the Soup section, one from either the Entrées or the Steaks section and one from the Desserts section of the Dining Experience menu, up to a maximum of 3 dishes in total.  You may replace a dish from the Dining Experience menu with one from the à la carte menu for 50%  of the listed price."

I just pre-paid $37 each for the $47 Butcher's cut Dining experience.

When I order, could I substitute a dish, the Appetizer, with the Ribeye for $48 @ 50% off or $24?

i.e. Order the Filet Mignon, the Ribeye and the NY Cheese cake, and pay $37 plus $24 for two steaks and dessert?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Geobugs said:

"If you have purchased the Dining Experience package, you are entitled to 1 dish from either the Appetizers or the Featured Starters or the Soup section, one from either the Entrées or the Steaks section and one from the Desserts section of the Dining Experience menu, up to a maximum of 3 dishes in total.  You may replace a dish from the Dining Experience menu with one from the à la carte menu for 50%  of the listed price."

I just pre-paid $37 each for the $47 Butcher's cut Dining experience.

When I order, could I substitute a dish, the Appetizer, with the Ribeye for $48 @ 50% off or $24?

i.e. Order the Filet Mignon, the Ribeye and the NY Cheese cake, and pay $37 plus $24 for two steaks and dessert?

I'm curious as well - and also wonder if the same 50% option applies to the free Diamond dinner.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, styles27 said:

Didn’t make it to Butcher’s cut our first time on Divina because we ate in the YC restaurant. 

Will be celebrating a big birthday on our upcoming cruise and would like to book dinner at Butcher’s Cut. 

Are the restaurant prices listed on their site discounted or will they be the same if we book onboard?  

My birthday falls on the day we leave Ocean Cay and I’m not sure If that’s one of the not formal “formal” nights or not. 

Are you on a 7 night and going for dinner?  We usually go for lunch but on the 4 night they were not open for lunch or brunch.

• Like 1

I went ahead and purchased the steak house but I have a question. 
When I purchased specialty dining  on other cruise lines I had to put in the date we wanted. MSC didn’t ask for that so now what happens?

Do I wait until we’re on board and make a reservation or do we just show up when we want to go?

On 10/22/2021 at 9:39 AM, Morgsmom said:

Question - does anyone know if it is possible to pre-purchase MORE than 1 Butcher's Cut?  (Say we want to go 2x)  The online price in advance is so much more favorable.

I purchased 2 for each of us. I went back in and checked off our names again and added those to the cart that already had 2 in there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

Do I wait until we’re on board and make a reservation or do we just show up when we want to go?

You'll need to make a reservation once onboard. I also had two and simply gave them the dates and times I wanted to come with no hassle at all.

Bret

• Like 2

16 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

You'll need to make a reservation once onboard. I also had two and simply gave them the dates and times I wanted to come with no hassle at all.

Bret

Great thank you!

I’ve been trying to respond to you since last night but couldn’t and I couldn’t like the post either. 

Hopefully this site isn’t using MSC’s IT people 😬

1 hour ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

So from what I’m reading to get the best deal on specialty dining you have to book prior to getting onboard or do they do like Celebrity once on board ask you if you’d like specialty dining discounted sometimes 30%?

Has anyone been to Butchers Cut? Quality?

No the best deal is to do the dining experience by booking in advance. You will have no service charge.  Well roughly be 30 to $40 a head depending if you get a double plan with another restaurant which they're all good actually.  Don't wait to book a reservations I would book on the first day think about where you want to go what days you want to eat, otherwise you will have problems if you try to change them.  If someone in your party you pre-bought for doesn't want to go one night don't worry just book a table for one the next day for lunch or something and you can use that person's credit.  

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 7:16 PM, styles27 said:

I purchased 2 for each of us. I went back in and checked off our names again and added those to the cart that already had 2 in there. 

No luck.  I checked off my name, put in the cart, went back again and was not allowed to book a 2nd time.  Maybe I'll call MSC Customer Service............. JUST KIDDING 🙉

1 hour ago, Morgsmom said:

No luck.  I checked off my name, put in the cart, went back again and was not allowed to book a 2nd time.  Maybe I'll call MSC Customer Service............. JUST KIDDING 🙉

That’s so frustrating. Maybe checkout and then go in and try to purchase more? 

I bought the 3 specialty restaurant pass for $77 online. I had some difficulty booking the visits, but was able to do so.

I've mainly sailed Holland America in the past, but recently sailed RC. Between those 2 I think Holland America's steak house is a little better, but RC's Italian is MUCH better than HAL's. If you have experience with either of these cruise lines, please let me know what you think of MSC's offerings.

Beyond that, are all restaurants on board per pay (besides the dining room and buffet)? RC had a couple that were complimentary. Neither was that great. 

Edited by tkwbear
  • Thanks 1