Vaccine requirement extension?

pbenjamin

The Sail Safe requirement for passengers to be fully vaccinated is in place through December 31st.  Per the NCL website "Guest vaccination requirements are currently for all sailings embarking through December 31, 2021– we will follow the science to make determinations on requirements for all other future sailings."  Final payment for sailings beginning January 1st is due on November 2nd.  I would expect that an announcement of whether not the vaccination requirement will be extended should be made by November 2nd as there are people who will decide to cancel if it is not.

Do you think it will be extended or have you heard rumors, etc.?

1 hour ago, pbenjamin said:

The Sail Safe requirement for passengers to be fully vaccinated is in place through December 31st.  Per the NCL website "Guest vaccination requirements are currently for all sailings embarking through December 31, 2021– we will follow the science to make determinations on requirements for all other future sailings."  Final payment for sailings beginning January 1st is due on November 2nd.  I would expect that an announcement of whether not the vaccination requirement will be extended should be made by November 2nd as there are people who will decide to cancel if it is not.

Do you think it will be extended or have you heard rumors, etc.?

Your wording about Final Payment is a bit misleading and might cause some booked 2022 passengers to panic!  Certainly NCL needs to update the various cruise requirements

https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

*** None-the-less, NCL certainly does need to update the various cruise requirements soon! ***

5 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Your wording about Final Payment is a bit misleading and might cause some booked 2022 passengers to panic!  Certainly NCL needs to update the various cruise requirements

https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

*** None-the-less, NCL certainly does need to update the various cruise requirements soon! ***

I see the confusion.  If your EMBARKATION is 1/1 then payment is due 11/2.  Just calculating 60 days.  We are on a 1/22 cruise where final payment is due 11/23.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pbenjamin said:

The Sail Safe requirement for passengers to be fully vaccinated is in place through December 31st.  Per the NCL website "Guest vaccination requirements are currently for all sailings embarking through December 31, 2021– we will follow the science to make determinations on requirements for all other future sailings."  Final payment for sailings beginning January 1st is due on November 2nd.  I would expect that an announcement of whether not the vaccination requirement will be extended should be made by November 2nd as there are people who will decide to cancel if it is not. Do you think it will be extended or have you heard rumors, etc.?

They can change at any point. Like last time, they will offer passengers the option to continue or cancel. Now,,,, that doesn't help with airlines and hotels. 

NCL bookings have been pretty good (unlike Royal who's bookings have been miserable). So they could extend with minimal financial impact. Or even an uptick of people looking for fully vaccinated cruises. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

Covid doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon so I would expect NCL to extend the vaccine requirement into the new year.  I won't go on a cruise ship that doesn't require 100% vaccinated.

Ya but it may not be their choice whether or not they can do so. That is the big question. It will be a disaster for Florida cruises if they’re forced to reverse the sail safe after October 31 because I think a lot of people don’t wanna sail on cruise lines who don’t have safe sailing policies which include vaccination 

I think it's going to be extended. My January 15, 2022 Escape cruise check in now is showing a health and safety section that I need to complete. In order to complete the online check in.  I need to acknowledge that I am vaccinated and need to show proof upon embarkation.  I am not surprised. I would imagine that they are going to announce soon so the January cruisers have time to make a decision before final payment.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, TeresaJ said:

I think it's going to be extended. My January 15, 2022 Escape cruise check in now is showing a health and safety section that I need to complete. In order to complete the online check in.  I need to acknowledge that I am vaccinated and need to show proof upon embarkation.  I am not surprised. I would imagine that they are going to announce soon so the January cruisers have time to make a decision before final payment.

We need to hope. Sadly the decision is not up to NCL ultimately and that’s the problem 

44 minutes ago, TeresaJ said:

I am on a 1/22 sailing. That health and safety thing has been there for a long time. 

Marktwothousand, if you are referring to the Florida governor’s law against asking for proof of vaccine, don’t worry. Other cruise lines have found a way around it. I believe that DeSantis is more worried about land businesses than the cruises.

As long as the issue is up in the air I’m not booking anything. I want to be in an environment where the chances of being safer are higher because I enjoy interacting with people and I won’t have a great vacation if I’m worrying about being able to get back to my country after it’s over. I really hope they figure it out soon because December January is prime vacation szn

• Like 2

I understand completely. I’m in Ontario too. I stressed for so long about this and the whole DeSantis debacle. I truly am confident that Norwegian will continue its vaccination requirements and DeSantis won’t bother interfering with it. I am travelling in January too.

2 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

I am so ready for my Dec 5th cruise on the Bliss, I just got my Moderna Booster shot today.  I'm fully vaccinated and then some.  Even so, my wife and I will still be taking extra precautions during travel.

Do you enjoy interacting with new people or do you mostly keep to yourselves? What about at ports? It sounds like with your level of protection, you’ll be good

We enjoy meeting new people and always go to the roll call hoping to meet others our age.  My wife and I are still up in the air about the ports and excursions.  We've been to the ports that the Bliss will visit a couple of times so we might just get off the ship to stretch our legs and perhaps do a little shopping.

13 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

We enjoy meeting new people and always go to the roll call hoping to meet others our age.  My wife and I are still up in the air about the ports and excursions.  We've been to the ports that the Bliss will visit a couple of times so we might just get off the ship to stretch our legs and perhaps do a little shopping.

Portavarta and Cabo San Lucas are always enjoyable and easy to get around without having to make any bookings for things. Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 2:45 PM, pbenjamin said:

Do you think it will be extended

Yes, because it's been very popular. Once vaccines are approved for ages 5-12, bookings for families should increase.

I just completed a Western Caribbean cruise on the Gem and it was awesome not having to wear a mask while on the ship!