Flights by Celebrity

galveston gal

26 minutes ago, yogini06 said:

It is only for cruises booked 9/24-11/1.  It was such a good deal for us that we cancelled and re-booked the cruise to get the sale price on business class flights.

I know it is tempting but we cannot rebook since no more availability of our cabin type.  ;(.       I am using miles for our business class seats at this point but if the airfare hits a certain price point I would purchase and get miles refunded.  Princess does have airfare specials independent of cruise booking which is nice.

We were told we could not have the sale price on the air because we would have to cancel the cruise and rebook and we had non refundable deposits. I am paying for 6 airfares and the flight from Charlotte on American for 3 of us is no longer available. The flight from Dulles for the other 3 would have saved me $750 but they wouldn't do it.

1 hour ago, Virgo61 said:

We were told we could not have the sale price on the air because we would have to cancel the cruise and rebook and we had non refundable deposits. I am paying for 6 airfares and the flight from Charlotte on American for 3 of us is no longer available. The flight from Dulles for the other 3 would have saved me $750 but they wouldn't do it.

That is the problem with NRD.  I personally would never book that option unless I had “cancel for any reason” insurance.  Sorry you can’t take advantage of the sale. 

1 hour ago, Virgo61 said:

LOL, but you are paying for it or will they re-imburse you the $750 savings???

bon voyage

3 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

That is the problem with NRD.  I personally would never book that option unless I had “cancel for any reason” insurance.  Sorry you can’t take advantage of the sale. 

Just to clarify.  I sincerely want to understand the logic. 

Have you booked a new cruise lately?

The fare difference between a RD and a NRD is roughly $900 a person.  A significant savings.  

Assuming that you are willing to risk only a $100 cancellation fee pp if you willing to accept the rest of the deposit in FCC, then why would you never book the NRD option?

Can’t you take advantage of future potential cost reductions by paying the $100 fee and netting it against any new savings?

The only potential downside that I see with the NRD is if one may not  wish to cruise on Celebrity before the FCC expiration date.

It looks to me as if Celebrity is making to cost penalty for booking a RF significant to drive customers to the NRD.  

Thanks

• Thanks 1

To clarify my post, the airfare sale is for new bookings after 9/24. I booked prior to that date. If you go to the choice air site it shows the underlying price of the ticket and then the sale price. The current underlying price for the 3 Dulles tickets is higher than when I booked. If that price ever goes down I will be entitled to the lower price. I decided it was not worth the trouble to cancel the reservation and deal with the vouchers so I have not done anything yet. I will continue to monitor pricing right up until final payment. They allow price reductions on the cruise under the "best price" policy but airfare is treated differently. I was able to rebook the 3 cabins twice for lower pricing.

Edited by Virgo61
double post