Booster shot wishful thinking

DanBoy

12 hours ago, ON cruiser said:

For those who have been cruising recently, like HLitner and others, do you have to wear masks at all times other than when dining? I can not imagine social distancing in the Ocean Lounge on HAL, or in a bar on Seabourn...cruising is when we meet nice folks, strike up a conversation, and then perhaps go to dinner with them. Is there still room for spontaneity?  In other words, how has covid impacted the onboard "atmosphere"?

Thanks for your insights. My wife and I are booked on a cruise in October '22, and we hope things are more predictable then (even if that means getting used to an endemic situation).  

Just off 24 days on the Eurodam.  As zgscl said, living in WA state we're accustomed to wearing a mask when out and about.  On the Eurodam masks are required all the time unless actively eating and/or drinking. There were announcements in the theater telling people to even mask up between bites or sips, but I never saw anyone doing it.  There are signs in the BB King Lounge to wear masks when dancing, but most people didn't.  Most people were good about masking up -- it's easy to forget, but hard to forget when you see everyone else wearing one. Masks were required on tour busses also.  When on tours in uncrowded outdoor conditions most people removed their masks then.  We found it easy to socialize and be spontaneous, it was a great cruise!

• Like 5

On 10/26/2021 at 9:53 AM, igraf said:

Yes and no.  I am under 65 and my only "condition" is upcoming business travel.  I walked into my county COVID center and they gave me a Pfizer booster shot.

igraf

Personally, I am reluctant to get the booster.  I was sick after the first and second Moderna shots, and at my annual physical. The ekg revealed a new heart issue, not seen previously. Who knows if the two are connected, but I think a third jab won’t be good for me……… so I’ll wait and watch carefully.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2021 at 2:02 PM, Aquahound said:

That is not true.  I am mid 40s, have no compromising conditions, and I am getting my booster on Nov 9. My only requirement was that my second Phizer shot was at least 6 months ago.  

Yes, the requirements seem to be easing.

BTW, got our Moderna vaccine yesterday afternoon, and my arm is not even sore like on the previous shots.

• Like 1

At this  moment, my physician recommends waiting on the booster as she says there is not enough research on the 3rd shot. I had absolutely no reactions to either Moderna shot. A friend of mine who got the booster has been sick for a week. Every person is different. 

I have read that more people are getting the booster than getting the first shot. We really need that group to get on board.

We both had the Moderna booster a week ago after it was officially approved. The dosage, by the way, is half the amount injected for each of the first two shots.

(Unless you are in the immunocompromised category which gets the full dose, according to the pharmacist.)

Since we sail on Rotterdam next Friday if all goes well, it was a little addition to my comfort level to be boarding a ship - along with tests, masks & social distancing (to include showing up at the assigned embarkation time even though we usually board much earlier.)

• Like 1

We just had the Moderna Booster. I had not side effects. Was able to sleep on the arm that had the shot with no problem. Alan had some localized soreness that lasted a day. Glad we got it as we are at the 6 months level and have a cruise in January, plus a flight home.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Storylady said:

We just had the Moderna Booster. I had not side effects. Was able to sleep on the arm that had the shot with no problem. Alan had some localized soreness that lasted a day. Glad we got it as we are at the 6 months level and have a cruise in January, plus a flight home.

We got ours Friday. We were almost at the 8 month mark. I don't have soreness, but DW does have some arm soreness.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

We got ours Friday. We were almost at the 8 month mark. I don't have soreness, but DW does have some arm soreness.

We got our Moderna boosters Wednesday (half dose) and were past the 8 month mark by about 2 1/2 weeks.  I had absolutely no arm soreness and DH had a slight amount.  It's good to hear about our good experiences because usually we only hear the bad reports.

• Like 1