Nov Cruise Protocols?

Anyone have any idea when the new protocols will be coming out or the reason for the delay? Have a cruise out of San Juan in early Nov and no idea if there will be anything unique for cruises out of San Juan, including some of the ports which I assume will be restricted to Royal excursions only based on other cruise line guidance. Thanks

I also hope to see these soon.  A Social Media person from RCCL chatted with me and said to look on the Web Site.  When I communicated that there is NOTHING for departures from San Juan, he/she stated that they will get them out as soon as possible.

I don’t see protocols changing too much. With most of North America heading into the colder months and holidays. I don’t see them relaxing much. You may see some more ports opening up but I don’t see too much changing with the protocols.

2 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

CDC CSO has not been extended yet. 🙂

It was extended to January 15th, but then it will go "voluntary" which means noting since it's already voluntary in FL and yet Royal is still adhering to it. So the rules still apply.

• Like 1

I know San Juan requires you to go online and fill out a Form and upload your Vaccine card.  Also know that Barbados as of now requires only ship excursions, so I booked on as a Plan B for the first week in December in case we cannot do our own thing.  Someone said St Kitt's is the same way, but we don't care, if we cannot get off and walk around the shops for a while, we will just stay on the ship. Had not planned to do anything other than that anyway since we don't get in until 10am.

1 minute ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I am sure RCI hasn't changed anything in the last hour... They are not that quick. So, my best bet - nothing will change for our Nov sailing.

Oh ok. I thought you posted the link because you found changes lol. I don’t anticipate they’ll be changing anything now either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

I know San Juan requires you to go online and fill out a Form and upload your Vaccine card.  Also know that Barbados as of now requires only ship excursions, so I booked on as a Plan B for the first week in December in case we cannot do our own thing.  Someone said St Kitt's is the same way, but we don't care, if we cannot get off and walk around the shops for a while, we will just stay on the ship. Had not planned to do anything other than that anyway since we don't get in until 10am.

Thanks for the info on the form to enter San Juan. Didn't know that. I don't see any info there to pick a cruise so i'm just listing the hotel we're staying at the first night. 

For ports, I noticed on the Celebrity website that Barbados, St Kitts, and St Lucia, at least based on our stops, require excursions to get off. We also booked them just in case while we wait for the guidance. 

Was glad to see on the Puerto Rico site that testing is not required to come back at least. Wasn't sure how that would work.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I think that now on Royal's site there are no dates listed on the protocols and that instead of announcing them monthly they will just adjust them if anything changes.   

I was thinking that too but they have the section to select where you're sailing from and in my case, San Juan isn't there yet. 

I just got an email:  "Your San Juan Sailing Protocals".  It shows the requirement for the Puerto Rico TravelSafe Declaration.  Also port restrictions:

Vaccinated Guests
Fully vaccinated parties may book a shore excursion or visit most ports freely — with the exception of those listed below, which will require tours for all guests who wish to go ashore, regardless of their vaccination status.

St. Lucia (November visits)

Barbados (November visits)

St. Kitts (November visits)

Antigua (November visits)

We like to do ports on our own, so I'm not happy that 4 out of our 6 ports require a ship's tour, but at least we get to cruise.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jtappend said:

I just got an email from Royal about the cruise protocols for my Nov 3rd sailing. I don't see anything different on the website link from that email.

me too.

The only thing I saw that was different is locations where the RCI excursion is required even for fully vaxxed parties. It wasn't there before.

St Lucia

St Kitts

Barbados 

Antigua

I am expecting a stampede for Antigua bookings on our Nov sailing in a moment, but I've already made mine, since we have an unvaxxed kid with us.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy