Celebrity’s protocol for Covid test before Florida cruise?

phabric

I was reading Celebrity’s protocol for US/Florida cruises.  It says 3 days before cruise for a negative Antigen test, I thought CDC said 2 days?

My cruise is Saturday.  I am trying to figure out when to do test before my flight to FLL.

Do I do my test on Thursday or Wednesday?

15 minutes ago, phabric said:

I was reading Celebrity’s protocol for US/Florida cruises.  It says 3 days before cruise for a negative Antigen test, I thought CDC said 2 days?

My cruise is Saturday.  I am trying to figure out when to do test before my flight to FLL.

Do I do my test on Thursday or Wednesday?

If your cruise is Saturday you must be tested no earlier than Thursday. Go to your local SDM/Costco/Walmart on Thursday for your test, fly on Friday and board on Saturday.

If you want more information, go over to the Canadian Cruisers board.

I have not seen this product for Canada.

My flight is on Thursday is 4:30pm.  I will plan to get a test the earliest on Thursday morning at home and it should be good for the airline/USA and the ship on Saturday.

5 hours ago, Fouremco said:

If your cruise is Saturday you must be tested no earlier than Thursday. Go to your local SDM/Costco/Walmart on Thursday for your test, fly on Friday and board on Saturday.

Only concern with this is all the airline cancellations lately. Don’t want to really risk flying in the day before.

8 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Only concern with this is all the airline cancellations lately. Don’t want to really risk flying in the day before.

@phabric, to whom I was replying, lives in Toronto with excellent flight choices to Florida. Unlike their US counterparts, Canadian airlines haven't been experiencing cancellation issues. Consequently, my advice was based on the Canadian reality, not the situation in the US.

10 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Costco does testing?

9 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Costco does testing?

They do in Canada. It only started recently, and I don't know if it will be all stores or just select ones. Fortunately, the one closest to our home does, and is very competitively priced.