Information on Alcoves/cabanas

paulajj

I’m thinking about booking an Alcove on my January Reflection sailing. I’m having a hard time finding any information. 
What exactly comes with the booking? I’ve read or watched videos where people have bottles of vodka or champagne included but Celebrity’s webpage mentions nothing but fruit/cheese trays and water. 

I realize the Reflection isn’t sailing yet but I’m assuming it’s the same for other ships who have the Alcoves. 

thanks!!

paula 

That might be a tough call if any ship was full. Right now with reduced capacity sailings and it being a January sailing one could find ample seating most anywhere. One also doesn't know how the weather will be that week. There are bars near most every venue and friendly wait staff. Sometimes one side of the ship is 'better' than the other (consider ocean breeze direction). Got off Equinox and Edge, alcoves available every day.

11 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

That might be a tough call if any ship was full. Right now with reduced capacity sailings and it being a January sailing one could find ample seating most anywhere. One also doesn't know how the weather will be that week. There are bars near most every venue and friendly wait staff. Sometimes one side of the ship is 'better' than the other (consider ocean breeze direction). Got off Equinox and Edge, alcoves available every day.

Yes that‘a our dilemma right now. We were thinking it might be nice to treat ourselves and have our own little area but not sure if we really need it. Trying to find current info is just about impossible lol. 

I appreciate your input ❤️ 

18 hours ago, paulajj said:

I’m thinking about booking an Alcove on my January Reflection sailing. I’m having a hard time finding any information. 
What exactly comes with the booking? I’ve read or watched videos where people have bottles of vodka or champagne included but Celebrity’s webpage mentions nothing but fruit/cheese trays and water. 

I realize the Reflection isn’t sailing yet but I’m assuming it’s the same for other ships who have the Alcoves. 

thanks!!

paula 

I find the description of what is offered through the Cruise Planner to be fairly complete?

image.thumb.png.54b101098d00804564500cc8126a395b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, paulajj said:

Have you done it since the restart and this was what you had included?

No, I have never done it.  The screenshot I posted was for our Solstice cruise next December.  If I were to purchase it, I have every reason to believe that this is what I would be receiving.  You really are paying for the spot and the time in it.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

I was on the Equinox in September and it's the first time that I saw the Cabana's on the lawn by the Glass Blowing area. The roofs of the Cabana's were not solid so you could be getting sun that you didn't want. Additionally, people still walk across the grass so privacy is not really what I would expect. If it rains, you will need to relocate, no solid roof! Below is a post from someone else showing what was included on Edge---

This is what is included:

Four Large Bottles of Evian Water

Selection of Six Chilled Beers

Unlimited Soft Drinks

Fresh Fruit Skewers

Cabana Food Menu

Evian Facial Spray

Ice Cold Towels

Choice of one of the following:

One Bottle of Grey Goose Vodka

One Bottle of Veuve Cliquot Rosé Champagne

One Bottle of Grgich Hills Opulence Chardonnay

Cabana Food Menu:

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad: Herb Croutons, Aged Parmesan

Chilled Shrimp Cocktail: Horseradish Cocktail Sauce

Roasted Turkey BLT Wrap: Roasted Garlic Aioli, Whole Wheat Wrap, French Fries

Luminae Signature Burger*: Cheddar, Bacon-Onion Jam, Sesame Brioche, Truffle Fries

Marinated Chicken Sandwich: Lettuce, Tomato, Grilled Onions, Basil Pesto Aioli

Selection of Fresh Fruits with Lime Yogurt and Mint

If the cruise is packed, it could be a nice way to get away from the pool deck or solarium but with cruises being less than 50% of capacity, there are plenty of free places to spread out and relax.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

I was on the Equinox in September and it's the first time that I saw the Cabana's on the lawn by the Glass Blowing area. The roofs of the Cabana's were not solid so you could be getting sun that you didn't want. Additionally, people still walk across the grass so privacy is not really what I would expect. If it rains, you will need to relocate, no solid roof! Below is a post from someone else showing what was included on Edge---

Unlimited Soft Drinks

Fresh Fruit Skewers

Cabana Food Menu

Evian Facial Spray

Ice Cold Towels

Cabana Food Menu:

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad: Herb Croutons, Aged Parmesan

Chilled Shrimp Cocktail: Horseradish Cocktail Sauce

Roasted Turkey BLT Wrap: Roasted Garlic Aioli, Whole Wheat Wrap, French Fries

Luminae Signature Burger*: Cheddar, Bacon-Onion Jam, Sesame Brioche, Truffle Fries

Marinated Chicken Sandwich: Lettuce, Tomato, Grilled Onions, Basil Pesto Aioli

Selection of Fresh Fruits with Lime Yogurt and Mint

If the cruise is packed, it could be a nice way to get away from the pool deck or solarium but with cruises being less than 50% of capacity, there are plenty of free places to spread out and relax.

Thank you so much! This is what I keep reading but it doesn’t list any of that on the website which is odd. 

I did notice that the alcoves are different on the Reflection than on the others. On the reflection they have a solid tarp looking thing that you roll open. And it seems like there may be a bit more space between them. 

I think you’re probably right about not really needing one in January. I might keep an eye on cabin availability and if it starts to fill up perhaps get one then…

Thanks for your help 🙂 

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

How expensive are these?  Hundreds per day?

I believe $300 for a full day.  

Unlimited Soft Drinks

Fresh Fruit Skewers

Cabana Food Menu

Evian Facial Spray

Ice Cold Towels

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

How expensive are these?  Hundreds per day?

Yes. It’s $125 Canadian for a port day (about $100US I think) and $315 Canadian for a sea day. Expensive. That’s why I want to really understand what comes with it. 

1 minute ago, paulajj said:

Yes. It’s $125 Canadian for a port day (about $100US I think) and $315 Canadian for a sea day. Expensive. That’s why I want to really understand what comes with it. 

IMO the liquor choices suck!  I do think they will let you choose an alternative if one of those are not to your liking, I would def ask BEFORE plunking down the $$ they want though.

• Like 1

Here's my understanding - cost: $99 for port day; $249 for at-sea day (USD).  If there is bad weather, it is fully refundable.  I believe the perks listed above is only for the E Class (free drinks etc).  The Reflection still just has the basically offering (See attached).

We rented one back in 2012 or so.  We really enjoyed it.  It was a family cruise that gave us a meeting spot (before free wifi & the ease of texting on the ship) and the kids loved playing the grass (hand stands, summersaults - all the fun stuff that made my body ache just watching).  We had the drink package so we did have to flag down waitstaff to get a drink or a short walk to the sunset bar.  This was prior to the movie screen.  Some of commented that the screen makes it not as serene as it once was.  As others have mentioned; ships now (and I'm confident in January) will still have tons chairs around the pool and other places to relax due to reduced capacity.  We rented one for upcoming cruise to enjoy on a port day when we know we aren't getting off the boat.  I'll be happy to share our experience in a couple weeks. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 2.46.09 PM.png

1 minute ago, Team Stag said:

Here's my understanding - cost: $99 for port day; $249 for at-sea day (USD).  If there is bad weather, it is fully refundable.  I believe the perks listed above is only for the E Class (free drinks etc).  The Reflection still just has the basically offering (See attached).

We rented one back in 2012 or so.  We really enjoyed it.  It was a family cruise that gave us a meeting spot (before free wifi & the ease of texting on the ship) and the kids loved playing the grass (hand stands, summersaults - all the fun stuff that made my body ache just watching).  We had the drink package so we did have to flag down waitstaff to get a drink or a short walk to the sunset bar.  This was prior to the movie screen.  Some of commented that the screen makes it not as serene as it once was.  As others have mentioned; ships now (and I'm confident in January) will still have tons chairs around the pool and other places to relax due to reduced capacity.  We rented one for upcoming cruise to enjoy on a port day when we know we aren't getting off the boat.  I'll be happy to share our experience in a couple weeks. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 2.46.09 PM.png

Ooohhkay. Now that makes more sense on why there is such a difference from on CC and celebrity’s website. 

I would love to hear about your upcoming experience thank you so much! ❤️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Yes that‘a our dilemma right now. We were thinking it might be nice to treat ourselves and have our own little area but not sure if we really need it. Trying to find current info is just about impossible lol. 

I appreciate your input ❤️ 

Here is the Alcove booking page for my Silhouette cruise over Thanksgiving. Prices are $99 port day and $249 Sea day and they don't really include much considering I have a premium drink package.

Overview

Indulge In A Day Of Luxurious Relaxation As You Unwind In Your Own Private, Cabana-Styled Haven On The Lawn Club.

It's the perfect escape - within your vacation escape. Some of the pleasures include:

• Stunning side-by-side views of lawn and sea, as you settle in underneath the shade of a chic, white awning.

• Complimentary amenities - four bottles of water, a fresh fruit plate, hand-held fans, and chilled towels.

• Ambient mood lighting for romantically cozy evenings.

Once you're comfortably settled in, a simple phone call to your Alcove Attendant helps make your time even more special.

He or she can help arrange a series of relaxing and refreshing enhancements:

• Fresh, themed picnic baskets* from our specialty restaurants onboard - antipasti, Mediterranean seafood pasta, and salads from Tuscan Grille; jumbo shrimp cocktail, assorted berries, organic breads and healthy salads from Murano; fruit brochettes and country-inspired sandwiches from Bistro on Five. Plus, innovative specialty restaurant desserts and a special beverage menu*.

Some general information about The Alcoves.

• Each Alcove comfortably accommodates up to four guests and is available from 9 AM to 9 PM.

• Receive a discount if you reserve an Alcove for multiple days or your entire cruise; inquire onboard for extended booking discounts.

• Find The Alcoves on the Lawn Club only on Celebrity Silhouette® and Celebrity Reflection®

• Rental fees are per Alcove, not per guest. When reserving an Alcove, only one (1) guest reservation is required, which provides accommodation for up to four (4) guests.

*Additional fees apply

31 minutes ago, paulajj said:

Sorry I think pricing I included was for E-Class

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

Here is the Alcove booking page for my Silhouette cruise over Thanksgiving. Prices are $99 port day and $249 Sea day and they don't really include much considering I have a premium drink package.

Overview

Indulge In A Day Of Luxurious Relaxation As You Unwind In Your Own Private, Cabana-Styled Haven On The Lawn Club.

It's the perfect escape - within your vacation escape. Some of the pleasures include:

• Stunning side-by-side views of lawn and sea, as you settle in underneath the shade of a chic, white awning.

• Complimentary amenities - four bottles of water, a fresh fruit plate, hand-held fans, and chilled towels.

• Ambient mood lighting for romantically cozy evenings.

Once you're comfortably settled in, a simple phone call to your Alcove Attendant helps make your time even more special.

He or she can help arrange a series of relaxing and refreshing enhancements:

• Fresh, themed picnic baskets* from our specialty restaurants onboard - antipasti, Mediterranean seafood pasta, and salads from Tuscan Grille; jumbo shrimp cocktail, assorted berries, organic breads and healthy salads from Murano; fruit brochettes and country-inspired sandwiches from Bistro on Five. Plus, innovative specialty restaurant desserts and a special beverage menu*.

Some general information about The Alcoves.

• Each Alcove comfortably accommodates up to four guests and is available from 9 AM to 9 PM.

• Receive a discount if you reserve an Alcove for multiple days or your entire cruise; inquire onboard for extended booking discounts.

• Find The Alcoves on the Lawn Club only on Celebrity Silhouette® and Celebrity Reflection®

• Rental fees are per Alcove, not per guest. When reserving an Alcove, only one (1) guest reservation is required, which provides accommodation for up to four (4) guests.

*Additional fees apply

Yes this is what my says as well. Thx!

1 hour ago, paulajj said:

Thank you so much! This is what I keep reading but it doesn’t list any of that on the website which is odd. 

I did notice that the alcoves are different on the Reflection than on the others. On the reflection they have a solid tarp looking thing that you roll open. And it seems like there may be a bit more space between them. 

I think you’re probably right about not really needing one in January. I might keep an eye on cabin availability and if it starts to fill up perhaps get one then…

Thanks for your help 🙂 

Here is a cabana on Reflection.  The photo was taken on Jan 2019.

Reflection Cabana.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2021 at 2:56 PM, paulajj said:

I would love to hear about your upcoming experience thank you so much! ❤️

Per your request, here was our experience this past week.  We had two port days reserved ($99) and due to port changes, one became a sea day.  Celebrity did not ask for more $$. 😄  

While the ship only had around 900 passengers (30% full), we really enjoyed the alcove for some of the day.  It was quiet and nice place to sit in the shade and read a book.  We had an attendant (Bernard), who would bring us drinks and allowed us to order from the room service menu.  He had a fruit and cheese plate prepared for the time of our choice as well as several bottles of evian water.  There was no mentioned of a bottle of champagne or liquor.  The only negative (depending on what you are looking for) was when the afternoon movie started (or the Sunday NFL football games); the volume was turned up obnoxiously loud.  I don't know if they have one setting or were expecting a larger crowd or wanted the pool crowd to hear; but it was loud (and I enjoy rock concerts so loud doesn't normally bother me).  They do have some lawn chair loungers that if you want to get some sun (vs the shade of the alcove); the attendant will get you one.  There is a phone in each alcove that rings directly to the attendants cell; so he's on call for you.  Bernard was also a waiter at the porch; so during lunch hours he was not around as much but still would send someone out when we called.

I want to mention only 2 alcoves were rented for one day & the other 3 - so I don't know that the attendant bringing drinks is normal; or just because they were crazy slow & he had the free time to do so but I would imagine you would see the same crowd levels in Jan.  For us it was nice.  We did have a lot of OBC to burn but we enjoyed it a lot.  Until the movie started.  But we just left and then returned once it was over.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

Per your request, here was our experience this past week.  We had two port days reserved ($99) and due to port changes, one became a sea day.  Celebrity did not ask for more $$. 😄  

While the ship only had around 900 passengers (30% full), we really enjoyed the alcove for some of the day.  It was quiet and nice place to sit in the shade and read a book.  We had an attendant (Bernard), who would bring us drinks and allowed us to order from the room service menu.  He had a fruit and cheese plate prepared for the time of our choice as well as several bottles of evian water.  There was no mentioned of a bottle of champagne or liquor.  The only negative (depending on what you are looking for) was when the afternoon movie started (or the Sunday NFL football games); the volume was turned up obnoxiously loud.  I don't know if they have one setting or were expecting a larger crowd or wanted the pool crowd to hear; but it was loud (and I enjoy rock concerts so loud doesn't normally bother me).  They do have some lawn chair loungers that if you want to get some sun (vs the shade of the alcove); the attendant will get you one.  There is a phone in each alcove that rings directly to the attendants cell; so he's on call for you.  Bernard was also a waiter at the porch; so during lunch hours he was not around as much but still would send someone out when we called.

I want to mention only 2 alcoves were rented for one day & the other 3 - so I don't know that the attendant bringing drinks is normal; or just because they were crazy slow & he had the free time to do so but I would imagine you would see the same crowd levels in Jan.  For us it was nice.  We did have a lot of OBC to burn but we enjoyed it a lot.  Until the movie started.  But we just left and then returned once it was over.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Oh thank you so much! That’s perfect.

We did end up booking one on a port day to try it out. I figured we can always cancel it if we want to. This makes me feel better about it for sure 🙂

• 8 months later...

@paulajj Hi, just seeing if you had a review of the alcove? We are cruising in 2023 and are debating whether to purchase an alcove for a couple days (we are on a longer cruise).

@Team Stag or anyone who have booked the Alcoves... do you get to choose which one you get? Or are they assigned to you? Are any locations better than others on the Reflection?

When we booked they were assigned.  We didn’t get to pick. They all faced the lawn on the reflection, some love them we didn’t.  The furniture wasn’t conducive to actually sunning, just a place to sit with a view of lawn. Not close to the pool but close to the Sunset bar.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BazingAu said:

@paulajj Hi, just seeing if you had a review of the alcove? We are cruising in 2023 and are debating whether to purchase an alcove for a couple days (we are on a longer cruise).

@Team Stag or anyone who have booked the Alcoves... do you get to choose which one you get? Or are they assigned to you? Are any locations better than others on the Reflection?

I’m really sorry to say we had to cancel that cruise so we still haven’t tried them. 

From all that I’ve read, you get assigned the alcove but some have suggested if you go there on day one you can usually request a specific one as long as no one else has. 
Enjoy! 

• Thanks 1