Adding a new passenger to a booking?

phabric

I have a booking for 2 adults and 1 child in a cabin with a sofa.  Are the sofa’s a double sofa for 2 people?

How do they add another person to the booking?

Do they rebook with the current rate for everyone?

Add the another person as a 4 passenger in the cabin?  The rate that I have for the 3rd passenger now? Or, the current price for 3/4 passengers?

17 minutes ago, phabric said:

I have a booking for 2 adults and 1 child in a cabin with a sofa.  Are the sofa’s a double sofa for 2 people?

How do they add another person to the booking?

Do they rebook with the current rate for everyone?

Add the another person as a 4 passenger in the cabin?  The rate that I have for the 3rd passenger now? Or, the current price for 3/4 passengers?

It would help to know which ship and cabin you are talking about.  There is a good chance that the sofa bed can handle 2 kids, however I have yet to see one that is good for 2 adults.

Adding a 4th to an existing booking does not affect the rate for the 1st 3 passengers.

Note sometimes Celebrity's fare for 3rd passenger is different than for the 4th passenger.  I have seen that on our holiday bookings.

• Thanks 1

What class ship?  On S class, sofa does not fold out.  There is a drawer below the sofa that holds a pad for the sofa, but some make it up as a bunk instead.  but an S class cabin for 4 will have a pullman in the ceiling above the sofa.  M class the 3rd would be in a foldout chair, and fourth would be in a bunk that is above the bed.  Haven't been on Edge class.  EM

• Thanks 1

When we were booking a cruise for us and our daughter, husband and two children they would only let us book a family cabin for them. It was a little more expensive but the extra room was perfect and welcome. We just had a regular cabin a few doors away.

• Thanks 1

Whether you can add also depends on ship's capacity.  Just because cabins can hold a certain amount of people, once an overall capacity is reached you can't add more people to rooms.  Not likely to be a problem in the immediate future, but can be a consideration.

• Thanks 1