The retreat questions

Morecruises1

I booked the retreat for a Nov 14th sailing.  I thought it came with onboard credit and shore credit.  But when I called they say my booking doesn't include those things because I booked a promo price online?  How can I find out what package or perks I have for Drinks, wifi and credits?  I am really disappointed so far with Celebrity as it's our first booking with them.  When I log into the account via web or app I can't find anything.

1 minute ago, Morecruises1 said:

I booked the retreat for a Nov 14th sailing.  I thought it came with onboard credit and shore credit.  But when I called they say my booking doesn't include those things because I booked a promo price online?  How can I find out what package or perks I have for Drinks, wifi and credits?  I am really disappointed so far with Celebrity as it's our first booking with them.  When I log into the account via web or app I can't find anything.

Did you book on-line or with a live Celebrity rep on the phone?

8 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Did you book on-line or with a live Celebrity rep on the phone?

If you look up retreat at the bottom it says this...  Is this not accurate?  When i go to book shore excursions it has a place for 'use onboard credit'  but it won't do anything?  The rep I called say we don't have any of these things included??

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class

"All guests who book The Retreat on or after November 17, 2020 will receive the Indulge Package at no additional charge. The Indulge Package provides a Premium Beverage Package, an Unlimited Stream Internet Package, Gratuities Included, and an OBC for all guests in the stateroom. OBC amount varies by length of sailing: $200 per person for 1-5 night sailings, $300 per person for 6-9 night sailings and a value of $400 per person for 10 night or longer sailings. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. Prepaid gratuities provide gratuities for your Personal Retreat Host, headwaiter, waiter, and assistant waiter in the amount suggested by Celebrity’s guidelines."

Edited by Morecruises1

9 minutes ago, Morecruises1 said:

Welcome to CC.

Exactly why once I'm ready to book, I call Celebrity and give them all the info, also ask any possible questions during the booking process while I'm on the phone with them and then review what they send me before hanging up. I don't book using Celebrity's website. 

Looking at my invoice for my suite Nov 11 I have lines like 4PERKSUITE and then listings for the paid gratuities, internet, and drink package. It came with $300 OBC which is listed further down the invoice.

4PERKSUITE NRD
Gratuities

YVX5-INTERNETCHG 199.00

YVX6-INTERNETSAV -199.00

YWE5-PROMO2C 4N -236.00

YWE6-BEVCLINGRAT4 236.00

YZA9-GRAT DLX 4N -72.00

Edited by twins_to_alaska
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Morecruises1 said:

Yep this is what I discovered yesterday. There is now different pricing for retreat. Some of the pricing doesn't include any Perks. I talked to my TA yesterday and he wasn't aware of it either. So there is Retreat pricing with OBC, Drink, Tips, WiFi. There is also retreat pricing without. You have to read and understand what your invoices say and it's not clear! 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Welcome to CC.

Exactly why once I'm ready to book, I call Celebrity and give them all the info, also ask any possible questions during the booking process while I'm on the phone with them and then review what they send me before hanging up. I don't book using Celebrity's website. 

I always do the exact same.  And always ALL of the information, perks, tax etc are in my booking confirmation.

• Like 1

Y

16 minutes ago, Morecruises1 said:

They should be listed on your invoice. If you don't have one call Celebrity and use their automated assistance to have one sent to you.

29 minutes ago, Morecruises1 said:

If you look up retreat at the bottom it says this...  Is this not accurate?  When i go to book shore excursions it has a place for 'use onboard credit'  but it won't do anything?  The rep I called say we don't have any of these things included??

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class

"All guests who book The Retreat on or after November 17, 2020 will receive the Indulge Package at no additional charge. The Indulge Package provides a Premium Beverage Package, an Unlimited Stream Internet Package, Gratuities Included, and an OBC for all guests in the stateroom. OBC amount varies by length of sailing: $200 per person for 1-5 night sailings, $300 per person for 6-9 night sailings and a value of $400 per person for 10 night or longer sailings. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. Prepaid gratuities provide gratuities for your Personal Retreat Host, headwaiter, waiter, and assistant waiter in the amount suggested by Celebrity’s guidelines."

Seems like you booked thinking you had all of the AI inclusions.  Perhaps you can do a mock booking with the room suite you want, get to the end, don't make the booking on-line, make some notes then call Celebrity and tell them what you are trying to do.  They may just let you move your current deposit over and make the AI booking so you have the OBC, drink package etc.  GOOD LUCK!!!

12 minutes ago, Morecruises1 said:

I am on the phone with them now and if you use your Captains Club# it can revert to a promo rate and you have NO perks at all.

This can also happen if you enter your State and that throws you into a promo rate.

• Like 1

I hadn't realized that but tried both ways and see that it's clearly listed in the review if you have the perks. I book online usually but I carefully look at the review list and make sure expected perks are included/listed.

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 12.20.37 PM.png

Edited by twins_to_alaska
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I hadn't realized that but tried both ways and see that it's clearly listed in the review if you have the perks. I book online usually but I carefully look at the review list and make sure expected perks are included/listed.

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 12.20.37 PM.png

First time booking with them. I just had to call them and spend 2 hours and pay $706 to get the retreat perks.  I was pretty shocked we booked a retreat class room and it had ZERO included perks.  I think we have sailed most other lines besides Celebrity.  

Edited by Morecruises1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just booked a S1 for April 2023.  On my booking confirmation it lists RETREAT.  My CVP says amenities will show up later.   I will keep an eye on account and wait out the 10-14 days.  I specifically questioned all this in an email.  It is a 6 day and it does show $300 OBC per person on the booking confirmation.  This is part of the suite perks, so this is of some comfort.  I can not do a mock booking because the website does not work for this particular sailing.  It is odd.

7 minutes ago, Morecruises1 said:

First time booking with them. I just had to call them and spend 2 hours and pay $706 to get the retreat perks.  I was pretty shocked we booked a retreat class room and it had ZERO included perks.  I think we have sailed most other lines besides Celebrity.  

The rep on the phone told me once we input our Captains Club number on the reservation it gave us a first time sailing promo which gave us a lower rate and took away all the retreat perks.  Like I want to sail in retreat without drinks, wifi, tips, etc.  LOl

Edited by Morecruises1
  • Like 2

We check out pricing on line then always call our CVP to make the booking.  Knowing she will not be available immediately I do a courtesy hold.  There are a limited number of higher suites so you cannot depend on one to still be available when you talk to the CVP. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Morecruises1 said:

The rep on the phone told me once we input our Captains Club number on the reservation it gave us a first time sailing promo which gave us a lower rate and took away all the retreat perks.  Like I want to sail in retreat without drinks, wifi, tips, etc.  LOl

Or if you enter a resident state.  They are offering resident discounts that do not come with the AI either!