Ultimate Dining Package

So I'm wondering, we have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package for a seven day cruise and plan to eat in the specialty restaurants for every lunch and dinner.  We usually add a cash tip (in addition to the gratuity which has already been added in the price) at each meal. Here's the question, of the $29.00 per day added daily to our account for gratuities, the biggest share of it goes to the Dining Room/Windjammer waitstaff.  Is it inappropriate to ask that the daily gratuity charge be lowered?  Thank you for your thoughts.   

Just now, Gil Benard said:

So I'm wondering, we have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package for a seven day cruise and plan to eat in the specialty restaurants for every lunch and dinner.  We usually add a cash tip (in addition to the gratuity which has already been added in the price) at each meal. Here's the question, of the $29.00 per day added daily to our account for gratuities, the biggest share of it goes to the Dining Room/Windjammer waitstaff.  Is it inappropriate to ask that the daily gratuity charge be lowered?  Thank you for your thoughts.   

No.

Just now, Biker19 said:

The tip police would say yes and some reported that you can’t lower them, only eliminate them. 

I dont understand why people complain about the checkin process. Get there early and you'll get onboard ASAP.

Tips are discretionary. NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS.

If they were not, you could not remove/alter them.

The auto gratuity charge was implemented for convenience, but the whole process now makes me long for the days of envelopes and tipping to the service provider when service was rendered.

I always remove my auto gratuities, and tip handsomely to the crew, in cash, that directly provided me and my family service. Every cruise I give out twice the cash that the auto gratuities would normally take out anyway. You do whatever you feel is proper and correct.

57 minutes ago, binro01 said:

Tips are discretionary. NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS.

If they were not, you could not remove/alter them.

The auto gratuity charge was implemented for convenience, but the whole process now makes me long for the days of envelopes and tipping to the service provider when service was rendered.

I always remove my auto gratuities, and tip handsomely to the crew, in cash, that directly provided me and my family service. Every cruise I give out twice the cash that the auto gratuities would normally take out anyway. You do whatever you feel is proper and correct.

How do you find your way into the laundry area to tip those that wash your sheets and towels everyday..

• Like 1