Long- long hold times for Blue Chip & Customer Service

Oldsweets

We had to call celebrity today about a Dec booking and called the number LISTED on our document sent us for our booking and we thought it odd that it wasn’t a Blue Chip phone number but rather a customer service number.  We waited on hold just over an hour and got the response we expected which was “you need to talk with the Blue Chip people and please hold and we will transfer you.  The transfer went through and we as expected got in on hold query and at just under 3 hours later of being on hold we got a Blue Chip representative on the line.  Yes, on hold a second time just under 3hours after being on hold the first time just over an hour.  A very nice young lady from Blue Chip listened patiently to our short question and said she needed to put us on hold and check.  While setting on hold for about 2 minutes we had now reached the 4 hour mark and the phone line went dead.  We can only assume that they have a 4 hour limit or it just wasn’t our day for phone calls.  I could only hope they would call me back as I WAS NOT going through 3 or 4 hours of hearing about Celebrity Cruises benefits as I set on hold.  Low and behold the about 5 minutes later the phone rang and the Blue Chip lady did indeed call me back and she quickly finished up my request.   Lesson learned that you better have plenty of time a patience if calling Celebrity and that they do really have some good people whom complete the task at hand.  

You have a lot of patience! 

I haven't called Celebrity in a while--so I don't know if they use this--but it would be nice for them to use callback technology.  I am usually resistant to settling for that, but a few months ago, I needed to call United to change the ticket for one of the members of my family on the same reservation (can't do it online!) and the anticipated hold time was like 2 hrs so I selected the call back option and I have to admit that it worked well.   

• Like 1

I know this doesn’t help the OP but why are so many not using TA’s. I don’t mean the online Booking Agents who mainly just make reservations but true professional TA. 

It just seems the extended wait times is endemic. 

den

34 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I know this doesn’t help the OP but why are so many not using TA’s. I don’t mean the online Booking Agents who mainly just make reservations but true professional TA. 

den

I’ve always felt I had more control over my bookings (ease of msking changes, getting price reductions and response to problems) when I dealt with the cruise lines directly.  Personal preference. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I’ve always felt I had more control over my bookings (ease of msking changes, getting price reductions and response to problems) when I dealt with the cruise lines directly.  Personal preference. 

I use to book my own. And I also thought I’d have more control and could make quicker changes such as finding a better SR. 

But my TA has saved me much more than I could even dream of; has more options than I ever could and responds quicker than when I was on my own digging around. And that didn’t include the extended wait times calling direct. 

prices have dropped on my cruises but haven’t reached what my TA worked out months ago. 

and yes, I’ve booked a cruise such as onboard to get the deals but I’ve moved them over. Because I have a professional on my team who just kills it for me. 

den

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Denny01 said:

den

Pre-Covid this was never an issue.  I can't speak for others but almost all my upcoming cruises (at least 7 of them) were lifted and shifted so I am stuck with my original booking contacts (which in my case is part Celebrity and part one of those now totally non-responsive online TA's).    I never needed a true TA before as I am an experienced Celebrity cruiser and knew what I wanted and how to obtain it.  Hindsight is great.  But doesn't help much for these cruises.

den

I do use a professional TA to book the travel, but.....  I usually find the ship, dates, cabin and price that I want, and then call my TA with that information.  Sometimes he can get me a better deal, or give me valuable insights into the choices I have made.  Sometimes he lets me know that I made a really good pick, and he can't do any better.  He works for me though, between booking and sailing, keeping track of anything that may come up, and follows up afterward.  

27 minutes ago, newbie55 said:

I do use a professional TA to book the travel, but.....  I usually find the ship, dates, cabin and price that I want, and then call my TA with that information.  Sometimes he can get me a better deal, or give me valuable insights into the choices I have made.  Sometimes he lets me know that I made a really good pick, and he can't do any better.  He works for me though, between booking and sailing, keeping track of anything that may come up, and follows up afterward.  

I do the same in almost all cases. I find a cruise and pass it to my TA and go from there. My TA told me for an upcoming cruise I’m looking at is to wait to get onboard and book it there since I’d get a better deal that way. Then I’ll transfer it. 

and I agree that hindsight doesn’t help in what many are facing right now. Just a suggestion for the future. Been there too. 

den

I use to book my own. And I also thought I’d have more control and could make quicker changes such as finding a better SR. 

But my TA has saved me much more than I could even dream of; has more options than I ever could and responds quicker than when I was on my own digging around. And that didn’t include the extended wait times calling direct. 

prices have dropped on my cruises but haven’t reached what my TA worked out months ago. 

and yes, I’ve booked a cruise such as onboard to get the deals but I’ve moved them over. Because I have a professional on my team who just kills it for me. 

den

For me, personally, if it ain't broke don't fix it.  Have always done my bookings direct with Celebrity and have always had really good experience, from initial booking and all the Covid related changes.  Obviously others seem to have had a different experience.  Each has to do what works for them.  

• Like 1

I called Blue Chip this morning shortly after 7AM EST (8AM my time) and I literally pressed the number for my option and it rang and was answered.  Yes this is bright and early but for others this could work well so if you can call earlier this is an option, the agent even said this is what she tells everyone too.  I realize this might be during the night for some, but for others it is definitely worth altering your call time.

I told her that I could have called earlier (7AM my time) as I'm up but I figured they weren't 'open' at 6AM but she quickly said yes it is, they are there to answer at 6AM EST which surprised me.  Guess when I will call (Blue Chip) from now on 🙂

I will also add (post pandemic) that every agent that has answered and handled my calls has provided me exceptional service; I've called to book, alter and cancel reservations and sometimes just for queries about offers so it hasn't been just a fluke.

• Like 1