Binax Now Tests - Does Anyone Know When Expiration Dates Will Be for 2022?

Corgi Girl

51 minutes ago, Corgi Girl said:

I will be sailing in January and I didn’t want to order the tests too early.  Does anybody know when the expiration date will be extended into next year?

Going to be a question for CDC /FDA waiting on.  

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

Going to be a question for CDC /FDA waiting on.  

?????? No idea what this can possibly mean.

There are test kits with expiry dates in 2022. However, the kits you receive are dependent on the inventory control of the vendor you are purchasing the kits from. Old inventory is shipped out first, and, no, one can not request a certain expiry date.

Order your test kits when you need them and the date will be fine.

• Like 1

All we know is that it is currently taking about 5 business days from when we ordered our pack of 3 (last Saturday) until we will actually receive it, as announced in a USPS email we just received, this coming Friday. So plan accordingly. It will be interesting to see what the expiration date will be on the ones we receive and if any paperwork is provided to extend it if it's from their old inventory. You would think they would have gone through their old inventory by now. But, once we get it, we'll let you know what we found.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

?????? No idea what this can possibly mean.

There are test kits with expiry dates in 2022. However, the kits you receive are dependent on the inventory control of the vendor you are purchasing the kits from. Old inventory is shipped out first, and, no, one can not request a certain expiry date.

Order your test kits when you need them and the date will be fine.

image.thumb.png.e12973d0d02718d5c7a0de3a722a9cfe.pngThe current tests if ordered are stating expiring Dec 6   I think the FDA/CDC not sure who extended the dates on the ones before to allow them to be valid.  Any tests ordered currently have a short window

I purchased my Test kits from Optum two weeks ago for our November 13th sailing  The expiration date is October 5, 2021  but the included note says the FDA has granted a 3 month extension to all lots...Our test kits  should be good through January 5, 2022.  

I ordered last week and received Monday.  The expiry on the package was 9/22 which makes them good through 12/22.   When I ordered they said the expiry would be 12/21 or later so I benefited by 1 day.

I'm assuming the date they are giving on the website is the real expiry date including any extension.   I would wait until the expiry on the website meets your needs.