Cabins/Suites on Embarkation Day

lakemurraykid

I realized this morning I had not seen or read anything about what time our cabin/suite is available for occupancy.  I remember in years past, it could be 1 or 2 p.m.  The stewards kept the doors to the hallways closed and call cabins were locked.  Then, at the appropriate time an announcement was made saying we could go to our cabin or suite...since it's been four years since I've cruised, do they still do this or are they available when we board.  That's what I'm hoping for.

Current timing, with the reduced number of passengers, isn't predictive of future timing once full (or even mostly full) cruises sail.  If sailing soon, follow the 'Life From...' posts for your ship to get an idea of the current situation.

• Thanks 1

On our cruise back in August, cabins weren't ready when we boarded at about 11:15. We went and had lunch at Alfredo's, and the cabins-ready announcement came at some point during lunch. We sail on the Ruby this Sunday, and since she's just out of drydock they're starting with an empty ship. We should be able to go right to our cabin. Hopefully.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

On our cruise back in August, cabins weren't ready when we boarded at about 11:15. We went and had lunch at Alfredo's, and the cabins-ready announcement came at some point during lunch. We sail on the Ruby this Sunday, and since she's just out of drydock they're starting with an empty ship. We should be able to go right to our cabin. Hopefully.

I am sure you are going to be right about getting in, but the ship is on a test run with an unknown number of PCL employees.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

We are curious as so what all was done in dry-dock and your cruise is the "maiden voyage" after covid stop AND dry doc.  Please report back (when you get home, of course) what your experience is!

And... BON VOYAGE!!!!!🍾

5 minutes ago, MishelleMcc said:

We are curious as so what all was done in dry-dock and your cruise is the "maiden voyage" after covid stop AND dry doc.  Please report back (when you get home, of course) what your experience is!

And... BON VOYAGE!!!!!🍾

Thanks!

I'm sure I and others on this sailing will be all over cruise critic reporting. Right now, the only thing I know that they've done is to turn Share restaurant into Sabatini's. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Thanks!

I'm sure I and others on this sailing will be all over cruise critic reporting. Right now, the only thing I know that they've done is to turn Share restaurant into Sabatini's. 

These are quotes I've copied from other threads in CC and other sources:

"The Ruby is going into dry dock in Portland Oregon (Swan Island) for 17 days (September/October 2021).  Its about a 2.5 week drydock to upgrade the air circulation system, medallion upgrades and social distancing in restaurants and theaters."

(me - sometime early Sept) "I asked my PCVP about the dry dock and she knew even less than I did... she said the dates were 9-30-2021 to 10-17-2021 and with no specific description, guessed it included replacing carpets as needed, Medallion "tweaks" and general maintenance."

8-8-21  The Ruby Princess’ return to cruising has been pushed back a week due to delays at the shipyard in Portland.”

10-11-2021:  “Move Future Cruise Sales from deck 5 and combine it with Captains Circle on deck 6.

Lose the Escape Travel Cafe.

Put Vines were Future Cruise Sales and Escape Travel Cafe are currently.

Turn the current Vines space into Alfredo's.”   “Word was work on HVAC, Medallion Net and work on dining rooms and other venues to help with social distancing. 

That is about all I was able to get from my PVP”

(Note that currently the International Cafe is across the Piazza from the Escape Travel Cafe).

Edited by MishelleMcc
spacing
  • Like 1