Feb/Mar 2022 Final Payments now due 30 days prior to sailing

21 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I didn't get an email about this for my March 4 Wonder cruise, but would I be correct to say from the posted email that this would be all for cruises in that time period?

The email says "all".

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 12:16 PM, cruisinelmo said:

We booked direct for 2/13/22 cruise to St. Thomas & St. John and received the email above. I'm curious as why they delayed the final payment ? I believe St. Thomas and St John is on the CDC high Covid list, if so RCCL may be hedging on a possible port change resulting in some passengers canceling this cruise resulting in giving the customer credit for a future cruise later in the year. Just a thought.

I think every island in the Caribbean is on a CDC "high risk" list.  CDC actually lists cruising in general as a hazardous activity, and recommends not to partake.

We also got the final payment notification addressed to “Dear Guest”, which made me a little skeptic until I found these posts.  We are on the Anthem of the Seas leaving March 27, going to Orlando, Nassau, and Cococay.  Great that we have longer to make final payment but why RC decided to extend the date is a mystery to me.

15 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

My guess is to get more (especially close in) bookings and to reduce the "not sure" cancellations that often happen at 90 days out.

And in turn they get to keep those deposits for another 60 days, over early cancellations.