Bacon and Popcorn on the Horizon or Carnival

DGNewton

So, we've all heard the John heald speal on Popcorn and Bacon.

Popcorn, oh, well we'll look into upgrade the brand and size and possible price - right, ain't going to change, it will always cost us going forward.  I have no issue with it and would look forward to an upgrade.

Bacon, funny how this has gone quiet with no news of Carnival "bellying" up to providing it every day.  Carnival just saving their pennies and take every angle.

That's what we get with the Wal-Mart of cruise lines.

I'll just adjust and be happy, just don't need to hear the things are rosey or "brilliant" ****.

I understand the business and own shares too.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DGNewton said:

Carnival just saving their pennies and take every angle.

Maybe, but more than likely linked to the Supply chain issues happening world wide right now.  The one that seems to be all over the news?  Also "the Wal-Mart" of cruise lines is an over used and incorrect label IMO.  Carnival fit my budget perfectly when i am travelling with my Family and I have never had an issue with any Cruise ive taken on them.  Have cruised with other lines and find absolutely no difference between any of them when it comes to value for price paid, food or quality delivered.  Each line delivers different things and Popcorn is well down on my list of things that upset me.  

• Like 9

"You'll be paying for your "specialty" dinner next.....it's coming.....

I never said I had an issue with Carnival and cruise them due to budgets as well and have sailed many of other lines....

I ain't gonna get in a debate, just saying serve up better popcorn and I'll pay more and size it up....I'm grateful they are still serving as Disney would not on our Sept cruise.  But we had bacon whenever we wanted it.....not supply issue there.....

Use every prop or excuse seems to be a common thread and once adaptoped, there is no going back....fact of life....again my opinion which I'm entitled too......

1 hour ago, DGNewton said:

KDR69, I do appreciate your feedback and opinion as well....

Can appreciate your viewpoint and opinion as well.  Just goes to show the wide spectrum of cruisers out there.  Not saying what you see as value for your experience is any different than what i see as value for my experience. I personally dont care for popcorn. Gets stuck in my teeth lol.

Bake in the the bacon price.  As far as popcorn, I’ve seen it all over water before from kids.   At least now it’s treated differently.  I’ll find out this week as we’re back in the Horizon. 

I agree Carnival gives you the best value for the dollar. In fact I found heir food exceptional on our July cruise.  

also never had a bad cruise and been on many. It’s what we make it. 

• Like 1

Bacon has to be one of the worst foods to eat...maybe a stick of butter or rabbit pate could be worse.  Have a couple slices once or twice on your cruise and call it good.  I just shook my head in the past when I would see people basically emptying the steam pan onto their plate.  Good grief.  Carnival is actually doing many a favor by limiting bacon on cruises!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Badfinger said:

Bacon has to be one of the worst foods to eat...maybe a stick of butter or rabbit pate could be worse.  Have a couple slices once or twice on your cruise and call it good.  I just shook my head in the past when I would see people basically emptying the steam pan onto their plate.  Good grief.  Carnival is actually doing many a favor by limiting bacon on cruises!

....or don't worry about what others eat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badfinger said:

I don't see bacon listed here:

https://www.eatthis.com/worst-foods-for-your-body/

1 hour ago, gotscrapz said:

I guess I missed something, as a vegetarian IDC about the bacon…

but does this mean we pay for popcorn on board now?
I only ever get it maybe once for a movie night board.

$3 for popcorn these days on Lido.

15 hours ago, Badfinger said:

It's not your job to police what people eat. Worry about yourself.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2021 at 1:50 PM, DGNewton said:

Use every prop or excuse seems to be a common thread and once adaptoped, there is no going back....fact of life....

I completely agree with this. 😕

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...