Bacon and Popcorn on the Horizon or Carnival

DGNewton

Re Wal-Mart of cruise lines....Just be aware a ton of everyday, working people shop at Wal-Mart.  Might not suit your elitist tastes and willingness to pay higher prices for similar goods, but absolutely brings better things to many folks that couldn't afford it otherwise.

So why not on cruise lines?  And I see low priced deals on NCL and RCCL all the time.  Not Celebrity or Silverseas but not leaky rowboats either.

As for bacon...take a look at your local meat counter in your local grocery.  prices are at the highest levels in over 40 years.  Due in part to COVID and reduced productive in meat packing plants, but also due to increased regulations and diseases affecting hogs.

Edited by crewsweeper

On 10/29/2021 at 11:46 AM, kdr69 said:

Maybe, but more than likely linked to the Supply chain issues happening world wide right now.  The one that seems to be all over the news?  

And the supply chain is only hitting carnival and no other cruiseline? Odd. If other lines can obtain enough bacon surely so can carnival.

I'll stick with my answer the price is up and carnival is cutting costs. 

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

And the supply chain is only hitting carnival and no other cruiseline? Odd. If other lines can obtain enough bacon surely so can carnival.

I'll stick with my answer the price is up and carnival is cutting costs. 

Controlling costs is not the same as cutting costs. Bacon prices are the highest they have been in decades. I don't want Carnival raising the price of my cruise so some porker can go whole hog over a tray of bacon.

As for popcorn...

200.gif

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 10:21 PM, Roscoe13 said:

Yes!!  This thread means we are officially back to cruising!!  C'mon, where's the why do I have to pay full fare and full gratuities for my 37 year old son thread? 

😁   😁   😁   😁   😁   😁   😁   😁   😁   😁   😁   😁   😁   😁   😁   😁   😁   😁  

On 10/29/2021 at 12:33 PM, DGNewton said:

So, we've all heard the John heald speal on Popcorn and Bacon.

Popcorn, oh, well we'll look into upgrade the brand and size and possible price - right, ain't going to change, it will always cost us going forward.  I have no issue with it and would look forward to an upgrade.

Bacon, funny how this has gone quiet with no news of Carnival "bellying" up to providing it every day.  Carnival just saving their pennies and take every angle.

That's what we get with the Wal-Mart of cruise lines.

I'll just adjust and be happy, just don't need to hear the things are rosey or "brilliant" ****.

I understand the business and own shares too.  

wow for a stockholder you certainly do talk negative about your ownership.

By the way, the popcorn was the worst ever on this cruise....no butter flavor nor salt - they should have given away - only bought it once.....so bad compared to the July trip - yeah right John Heald BS maybe we'll take it up a notch - such biullshit.

Carnival boost top revenues this month - just google it....

Maybe they are trying to do away with it......