Price drop this morning!

RhondaC

1 hour ago, STEVE-O said:

I called RCCL this morning after seeing an amazing price reduction on a May-2022 Alaska cruise.

I got the new price then noticed the website was showing the price increased by a LOT.

Maybe I got the benefit of a computer glitch. Dunno.

YMMV

The same thing happened to me.  I received a $105 drop on an already great price.  The next day it rose by $328.  I figured there were a lot of bookings at the lower price and the rule of supply and demand kicked in.  Or it could be a glitch.

48 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

The same thing happened to me.  I received a $105 drop on an already great price.  The next day it rose by $328.  I figured there were a lot of bookings at the lower price and the rule of supply and demand kicked in.  Or it could be a glitch.

During sales I see it it goes up and down a lot too (cookies could be involved) so as soon as it goes down I call.....

I don't clear cookies really, but if I don’t click on “your cruise is waiting”, it likes me better.....it’s so weird how I can have 4 discounts during a sale for one price and then an hour later in the same sale, I can get only 3....

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Royal implements a dynamic pricing algorithm. These prices can fluctuate heavily depending on bookings in a given day and there seems to be hard thresholds on number available at the going price point.

If one normally books through the RCCL site and does not use a TA, what is the best way to check for price drops? In the past I do a dummy booking to see what the price will be and compare that to what I paid. Is this the best way? 

11 hours ago, Blauelini said:

If one normally books through the RCCL site and does not use a TA, what is the best way to check for price drops? In the past I do a dummy booking to see what the price will be and compare that to what I paid. Is this the best way? 

We have a TA.  What I did was go to RCCL side and see the price of my sailing current price then we called our agent.  Our sailing will be in December and after 2 calls we received over $1,000 refund (no OBC) to our credit card.  You might need to call RCCL direct and talk to the Customer Service and see what they can do.  In the past they did not want to hear after the final payment but with covid we are extremely happy for the refund.

Good luck

11 hours ago, Blauelini said:

Thats what i do . If price goes down then i call RCCL directly and speak to an agent .They will apply the discount if applicable to your outstanding balance and send you an email with the new lower price.

It has been successful several times in the past. Make a call every time you see a lower price.

If you dont like the response of the first agent you get, just make another call , You never know.🙂

On 11/3/2021 at 4:09 AM, cyrus360 said:

I booked the cruise myself so I am curious as to how you check for price drops if your room type is all booked up. We booked an aft balcony room. By going to the website, it shows those are all booked up. Can I still call them and ask them to check on their end?

On 11/3/2021 at 2:46 PM, molly361 said:

Yes you have to call them to check

Thanks for posting this.  I never knew you could get a price drop on sold out categories.  Yesterday  I was able to save $214 on a JS for an Allure February sailing.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2021 at 1:34 PM, zanydoc said:

Thanks for the reminder!  It looks like our Odyssey March cruise has one-I just notified my TA and hopefully can save a few bucks!

Update! We got $500 off our Odyssey March cruise and got a better cabin. Went from inside virtual balcony to real oceanview balcony. Thanks again,OP!