Anyone used a digital vaccine card with Princess (USA)?

atobols

My husband was on a business trip in Germany last week.  He seems to have lost his paper vaccination card somewhere along the way.  He's got the the digital copy of his vaccination card w/ the QR code saved on his phone.  Princess says they accept the digital version.  I'm just wondering if anyone has actually used that to board in the US and how smoothly it went.  He doesn't want to be bothered to go get a replacement card if he doesn't have to.

Edited by atobols

Can't add to the discussion as far as using digital goes...but I notice from your signature that you are in California.  Doesn'y CA have a "central database" where he could get a secondary download of the info?  (That may very well be what you're speaking of...I don't know the CA way.)  Or...perhaps a way to just request a new physical card via the same avenue.  If he received via a pharmacy I would think that they can supply a new card without having to make a physical "visit".  Just guessing...

5 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Can't add to the discussion as far as using digital goes...but I notice from your signature that you are in California.  Doesn'y CA have a "central database" where he could get a secondary download of the info?  (That may very well be what you're speaking of...I don't know the CA way.)  Or...perhaps a way to just request a new physical card via the same avenue.  If he received via a pharmacy I would think that they can supply a new card without having to make a physical "visit".  Just guessing...

Yes, we have a State of California digital card.  I also have access to the state immunization database through my work.  I've already pulled his full immunization records and printed that out, just in case.  He got his vaccinations done through a mass vaccination site which has since closed down so going back to get the physical card isn't as simple as going to CVS or our doctor's office. 

First, it's not Princess that will be examining the COVID card, but rather the people that work for the Port Authority that Princess (and all the other ships) sail from.  So, it's probably dependent on the person you get to some degree.... some will be more strict to the letter of the law than other people.

Also, while I brought my CDC vaccination card, I've also been bringing my full shot record complete with name and DOB that shows my Pfizer shots with lot numbers and administrator.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, atobols said:

Yes, we have a State of California digital card.  I also have access to the state immunization database through my work.  I've already pulled his full immunization records and printed that out, just in case.  He got his vaccinations done through a mass vaccination site which has since closed down so going back to get the physical card isn't as simple as going to CVS or our doctor's office. 

Most of the mass vaccination sites were run by county heath departments. You should be able to get a replacement card through them.

Do not know about Princess, but Hawaii would not accept the CA electronic covid information when we recently traveled there. Once you outside of CA no certainty that the CA passport will be accepted.

Edited by nocl