Covid tests. IDNOW

emnalmom

1 hour ago, canderson said:

In minutes.  Being an antigen test puts the "now" in "NOW"!

Except the Rapid ID Now test at Walgreens is a NAAT test and not an Antigen test.

The sample is collected from your car and the test is processed with In house equipment.

They say that it can take 24 hours, but our results have been sent to us between 1-2 hours.  

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Except the Rapid ID Now test at Walgreens is a NAAT test and not an Antigen test.

The sample is collected from your car and the test is processed with In house equipment.

They say that it can take 24 hours, but our results have been sent to us between 1-2 hours.  

Oops.  Thought I was reading Abbott BinaxNOW test.  That one picks up proteins.  Antigen.

My bad.  One to many Abbott NOWs in here!  Abbott IDNow is indeed isothermal, but quick.  From test start to finish, 13 minutes.  Just about the same as the BinaxNOW antigen test's 15 minutes.

• Thanks 1

The easy answer is to order the test directly from the site recommend by Celebrity (if you want a at home test.) This way you know the test is accepted by Celebrity. It will require you log-in and have a observer watch you take the test and see the results. The company will then send you you the results to upload for Celebrity and for you to print a copy to bring. https://store.optum.com/celebrity-cruises/

If you want to go and have the test done at a location aka CVS or Walgreens just tell them you need a Rapid Antigen test. I highly recommend you make your appoint in advance. CVS allows appointments 13 days in advance (in in VA). For my my Nov 14 cruise I booked a test at CVS on OCT 30 13 days in advance. Hope this helps.

Below are the links directly to Celebrity site with a Q&A.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/accepted-covid-tests

Hello fellow Richmonder.  Do you think this site is acceptable for Celebrity?  It matches all the criteria set forth by Celebrity.  I'd just hate to get to the port and be turned away because it isn't a nationally well known company.  They only test here in Richmond and New Jersey.  However, my employer, a rather large company here in the Commonwealth, accepts this companies test results.  The nice thing about this company is the have a ton of appointments open each day, and usually have open slots by the end of the day too.  

https://www.testhere.com/

Thanks in advance!

I think they would be fine. But again the easy answer I think is, at home test ordered off Celebrity site or CVS or Walgreens. I know they accept both of these.

You should also know that you will have to pay for the test at testhere.com. They do not accept insurance, CVS will bill your insurance. 

As always have a back up plan too. I have the CVS appointment and I have the at home test from Celebrity. Like a boy scout be prepared. 😉 

The tests ordered from Celebrity cost money. The Abbott ID now 🔴 from Walgreens is free. They have to tell you that results will be within 24 hours, but the longest ours have ever taken is 2. Mostly come back within 45 minutes. It is 100% accepted by Celebrity…….but if you want to pay for a test that’s your prerogative. Also, some states might not offer the 🔴 test at Walgreens, so that can also be an issue.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, brooker said:

I am so confused.  My local Walgreens has a Rapid Antigen Test (BinaxNOW).  Is that acceptable?

Thanks in advance for clearing this up for me.

oops.  i was wrong.  Apparently that test is NOT available where i live.  

@brooker I looked up the zip code for Montgomery County PA . There are several CVSs that offer free "Rapid-result test (antigen)" These results are accepted by Celebrity Cruises. I see nine locations in your area. Hope this helps! CVS test are free FYI.

image.png.a89f4cc0b6067c44a1d90d68676f5ca5.png

I've been there a few times and, while their site says they don't take insurance, I was able to upload it and show proof there, and they either billed my insurance or it was just free.  But when I signed up for it a few weeks ago, they charged me because I said I had no symptoms as it was just for travel, which is ok with me as my insurance will reimburse me.  

30 minutes ago, ricflyer said:

@brooker I looked up the zip code for Montgomery County PA . There are several CVSs that offer free "Rapid-result test (antigen)" These results are accepted by Celebrity Cruises. I see nine locations in your area. Hope this helps! CVS test are free FYI.

image.png.a89f4cc0b6067c44a1d90d68676f5ca5.png

That's so nice of you.  i did see were CVS offered a rapid result test, but it kind of scares me because it says " not accepted for all purposes".  And also, what about the brand name of the test.  That concerns me too.  Can someone please set my mind at ease.  

And also with regard to the results and my vaccination proof, does Celebrity accept the documents on a phone, or do we have to have a piece of paper in our hand as well as the actual vaccine card?  

1 hour ago, brooker said:

That's so nice of you.  i did see were CVS offered a rapid result test, but it kind of scares me because it says " not accepted for all purposes".  And also, what about the brand name of the test.  That concerns me too.  Can someone please set my mind at ease.  

And also with regard to the results and my vaccination proof, does Celebrity accept the documents on a phone, or do we have to have a piece of paper in our hand as well as the actual vaccine card?  

The CVS results are accepted. Some countries require PCR Celebrity does not.

The following is directly from the Celebrity Cruise site:

image.thumb.png.fd172c30575c207433f31b304cb4086d.png

The answers to many of your questions are on the Celebrity website: 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/health-and-safety

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

Edited by ricflyer