RCL CLASSIC SODA PACKAGE

I have search and searched and cannot find details on the reality of how the Soda package works.  I know it says that Your complimentary Coca-Cola souvenir cup can be used at bars and lounges, or while dining at the Windjammer Café or main dining room.  I am trying to find an adult that has used it and how it really works on the ship.

1. do I have to carry that cup everywhere I go to get a soda?  If I stop by a bar can I get a soda without the cup?
  2. Can it be used at dinner without the cup?
  3. Can it be used at specialty dinning rooms?

Thank you for any real help you can give,

Mike

You don’t need to carry the cup with you unless you want to use one of the Coke freestyle machines located around the ship. At the MDR or bars, just show your card and they will bring you glasses of soda. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

do I have to carry that cup everywhere I go to get a soda?  If I stop by a bar can I get a soda without the cup?

No, only if you want to use the Freestyle machine. Yes, you can always get a glass of fountain pop from any bar by showing your card.

Can it be used at dinner without the cup?

Yes, just show your card to the servers and they will get you a fountain drink.

Can it be used at specialty dinning rooms?

Yes, it can be used in specialty dining rooms, just show your card to the servers.

5 hours ago, soremekun said:

I actually tried this but the chip stopped working after a couple of days:

https://youtu.be/uAxjfd2Kd4s

Once it leaves the protection (encased in plastic) of the bottom of the original cup, it can get damaged fairly easily and stop working - one of the chances you take by taking it out of the original cup.

8 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

I have search and searched and cannot find details on the reality of how the Soda package works.  I know it says that Your complimentary Coca-Cola souvenir cup can be used at bars and lounges, or while dining at the Windjammer Café or main dining room.  I am trying to find an adult that has used it and how it really works on the ship.

1. do I have to carry that cup everywhere I go to get a soda?  If I stop by a bar can I get a soda without the cup?

Mike

Soda package is easy.  You can get soda anyplace soda is.  That simple.  No tricks.  The cup has a chip in it, so you can use it in a freestyle machine.  You need the cup for that machine only. No need to carry a cup, if all you want is a coke or sprite or some other basic soda

• Like 1

I was on a B2B cruise, and I wanted a caffeine free coke, and it was only available in the free style machine, so I got the package. On the second cruise, the cup continued to work,  apparently, the chip is programmed to work for 2 weeks, no matter what you paid for it. 

11 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

Mike

I had the soda package on a cruise last month, one thing to point out is that if you are D or D+ make sure you tell the waiter in the dining room you have a package, a couple of times I noticed on the app they had taken off one of my drinks which meant a trip to guest services.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, welshrich said:

I had the soda package on a cruise last month, one thing to point out is that if you are D or D+ make sure you tell the waiter in the dining room you have a package, a couple of times I noticed on the app they had taken off one of my drinks which meant a trip to guest services.

Good point, although with the soda package, I've never actually had to give them my card -- I just show them the symbol for the drink package and that's all they needed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 9:24 AM, Shiraus82 said:

Do you get a new cup if you're on B2B and have purchased the package both weeks?

I bought the package on the first cruise.  It continued to work on the second. Did not have to buy another one.  I am guessing the chip has no idea how long you bought it for.

1 hour ago, cruisingrandy said:

What is the cost of soda pck for a teen on a 7 day and what are the internet options available

The prices change all the time in the cruise planner and is different by cruise.  My 7 day Caribbean cruise says it is $13.50 a day on the cruise ship and I can purchase it in the cruise planner before the ship for $8.99.  With gratuities it would be $74.20 for the 7 day cruise.  The prices will go up and down in the cruise planner.  I am waiting for black Friday to check and purchase my drink packages.  If you purchase the drink package and it goes lower you can cancel the one you purchased and then repurchase.  The only issue is it takes them a while to refund your money and they charge your credit card right away.