Yay! The Seashore is on its way across the Atlantic!

Native Floridian 26

She left Barcelona today and according to my cruisemapping tracker, it's headed toward Ocean Cay.  While there are no passengers on the TA, it'll be fun to watch it makes its first crossing.

Maybe they'll take this time to hand select the best cabins for each of us since we've been switched to Guarantee.

Can't wait to sail her on 12/11.

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, styles27 said:

That’s awesome!  Will she have to go thru the CDC protocol once she arrives here?

You're probably more in tuned with that than me.  The CM page says she arrives in Ocean Cay on the 13th.  With the first pax sailing on the 17th, I don't really know.

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

You're probably more in tuned with that than me.  The CM page says she arrives in Ocean Cay on the 13th.  With the first pax sailing on the 18th, I don't really know.

Maybe since crossing without pax that will count. 

2 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

....Maybe they'll take this time to hand select the best cabins for each of us since we've been switched to Guarantee.

Can't wait to sail her on 12/11.

What I'd love to hear is that the crew are given the best cabins on the way across, given all they've had to endure through COVID-19. 😉

• Like 11

4 hours ago, styles27 said:

That’s awesome!  Will she have to go thru the CDC protocol once she arrives here?

I’ve been wondering about that myself. The ship is not on the CDC color list yet. I don’t know what exactly they have to do and if any of that has changed since the CSO was extended.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, styles27 said:

Greetings

She does not need to worry about the 14 day CDC protocol since she sails out of Florida.  Florida is exempt per a judge's order.  Celebrity Apex just arrived at Port Everglades from Europe on 24 October with passengers and she set sail that same day for her first US based cruise.

Good Sailing

Tom

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

You're probably more in tuned with that than me.  The CM page says she arrives in Ocean Cay on the 13th.  With the first pax sailing on the 17th, I don't really know.

Seashore will leave Miami on the 17th with media and invited guests onboard, it will head to O.C where it will be christened on the 18th by Sophia Loren and will be back in Miami on the 19th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, styles27 said:

The crew are certainly preparing for it.  We were told they’ll spend the entire crossing scrubbing the ship down.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tunaman2011 said:

Greetings

She does not need to worry about the 14 day CDC protocol since she sails out of Florida.  Florida is exempt per a judge's order.  Celebrity Apex just arrived at Port Everglades from Europe on 24 October with passengers and she set sail that same day for her first US based cruise.

Good Sailing

Tom

Interesting taking into consideration the other 2 MSC ships did it and are still being monitored by the cdc. 
So Seashore won’t be monitored by the cdc at all?

This is exciting, while my cruise isn't until August of next year I'm interested to see US reviews of the Seashore. And hopefully Cruise Critic can do their photography of the ship which is always nice. I hope the crew has a nice voyage across the Atlantic!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, styles27 said:

Interesting taking into consideration the other 2 MSC ships did it and are still being monitored by the cdc. 
So Seashore won’t be monitored by the cdc at all?

Greetings

She may be monitored but there is no requirement for her to sit empty of passengers for 14 days after arrival in the US.  We were on the 1st USA Apex sailing and there was no indication of any special CDC actions.  The ship arrived early Sunday morning and we were aboard by 11:15 AM.  Lots of travel agents and corporate people and reduced capacity but everything seemed like a normal cruise.

Good Sailing

Tom

• Like 1

This is my first post on this site, so not sure about the formatting since

I cut and pasted from facebook, but here goes.

I have a friend who is an employee on the Seashore and just answered 

a few questions about what is happening on the ship during the crossing.

She's not exactly a chatterbox but I thought it might be interesting to some people.

lot of the travel sites (and U.S. passengers waiting for the ship arrival) are curious about what is going on during the crossing since there are no passengers. Is there anything interesting to report?

Lots of free time!

other than rehearse, do you have to do any work at all?

Nope, no rehearsal or work at all

did they do anything special like let you stay in the staterooms just to see what's it's like?

No but I live in an officer cabin so I’m fine with not moving

i assume the kitchen people still have to work since people have to eat, but I guess it's such a small fraction of what they normally have to do it must almost seem like down time

Ya
so what's your day like and how many days will this be

Swimming in the pool, eating gelato, gym, playing games
That kind of stuff
10 days total

ya bum

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, spankylouie said:

This is my first post on this site, so not sure about the formatting since

I cut and pasted from facebook, but here goes.

I have a friend who is an employee on the Seashore and just answered 

a few questions about what is happening on the ship during the crossing.

She's not exactly a chatterbox but I thought it might be interesting to some people.

lot of the travel sites (and U.S. passengers waiting for the ship arrival) are curious about what is going on during the crossing since there are no passengers. Is there anything interesting to report?

Lots of free time!

other than rehearse, do you have to do any work at all?

Nope, no rehearsal or work at all

did they do anything special like let you stay in the staterooms just to see what's it's like?

No but I live in an officer cabin so I’m fine with not moving

i assume the kitchen people still have to work since people have to eat, but I guess it's such a small fraction of what they normally have to do it must almost seem like down time

Ya
so what's your day like and how many days will this be

Swimming in the pool, eating gelato, gym, playing games
That kind of stuff
10 days total

ya bum

She sounds more like Staff than Crew.