Azura - heading into Southampton

jaydee6969

Quick screen grab of Azura heading back to Southampton after her dry dock in Hamburg.

Taken from the new stream of Ahoy Shipmate youtube channel.

A lot of you have probably seen clips of his previous channel Solent Ships.  You may not be aware that ABP had requested an immediate stop of all streaming of ships coming and going.  If you can help, there is a petition  at the following link.

https://www.change.org/p/abp-southampton-solent-ships-and-ahoy-shipmate-youtube-channels?redirect=false

Screenshot - 03_11_2021 , 10_21_52.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...🌝

Oh, come on Andrew, I don't like to sail on the larger ships either, but you can't deny she looks quite majestic in the morning sunshine.😊

Avril

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh, come on Andrew, I don't like to sail on the larger ships either, but you can't deny she looks quite majestic in the morning sunshine.😊

Avril

I've never found any of the Grand Class ships pleasing on the eye Avril. Think it's mainly the 'snub aft end'. The Royal Class like Britannia at least look more sleek/elegant.

33 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I've never found any of the Grand Class ships pleasing on the eye Avril. Think it's mainly the 'snub aft end'. The Royal Class like Britannia at least look more sleek/elegant.

I see your point Andrew, but any cruise ship at the moment is looking good to me.

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Make the most of her, after her spring TA back to Southampton we may not see her there again for some years.

Speaking of which...in the latest release of cruises I didn't see her repositioning cruise from Valetta to Tenerife.  Just shows a final roundtrip Valetta cruise, followed by round trip Tenerife a couple of weeks later.  Would have something we might have been interested in for the right price.  Or maybe I've missed something.

12 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Speaking of which...in the latest release of cruises I didn't see her repositioning cruise from Valetta to Tenerife.  Just shows a final roundtrip Valetta cruise, followed by round trip Tenerife a couple of weeks later.  Would have something we might have been interested in for the right price.  Or maybe I've missed something.

Maybe she is going in for another refit between 12th to 27th  Oct, although I thought she had just had one?

13 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

In the downloadable brochure for the new cruises, there is a paragraph about "What's New". In that, it says that Azura will have a 15 day dry dock before starting her winter season, so that's probably why.

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Britboys said:

In the downloadable brochure for the new cruises, there is a paragraph about "What's New". In that, it says that Azura will have a 15 day dry dock before starting her winter season, so that's probably why.

Thanks for pointing that out Britboys.  Like TerrierJohn and Wowzz I thought that was a bit early following this years dry dock.  Maybe this years dry dock couldn't squeeze everything in as they were concentrating on her maritime MOT.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Thanks for pointing that out Britboys.  Like TerrierJohn and Wowzz I thought that was a bit early following this years dry dock.  Maybe this years dry dock couldn't squeeze everything in as they were concentrating on her maritime MOT.

Yes, I'm guessing that maybe they haven't made all the 'improvements' they have been planning...

• Like 1

The next dry dock will already have been scheduled based upon an anticipated April 2020 dry dock.

Also, there is no transatlantic from Barbados back to Southampton next Spring. Azura is repositioning direct from Barbados to Valletta. If I recall, you can break the cruise somewhere like Malaga.

So 28 November is her last appearance in Southampton for at least 3 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/3/2021 at 10:25 AM, jaydee6969 said:

Quick screen grab of Azura heading back to Southampton after her dry dock in Hamburg.

Taken from the new stream of Ahoy Shipmate youtube channel.

A lot of you have probably seen clips of his previous channel Solent Ships.  You may not be aware that ABP had requested an immediate stop of all streaming of ships coming and going.  If you can help, there is a petition  at the following link.

https://www.change.org/p/abp-southampton-solent-ships-and-ahoy-shipmate-youtube-channels?redirect=false

Screenshot - 03_11_2021 , 10_21_52.jpg

I think I prefer her in white rather than Sepia🤔

5 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

She is doing 12 nighter Tenerife to Valletta in March 2024. Pre registered on it a couple of hours ago at a very reasonable price. 

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1