Expired Nexus

Wow... I'm surprised some of you have received your Nexus card so quickly.  I did my husband's renewal online back in July (his doesn't expire until January 2022) but I heard they were taking 6 months.  I still haven't got anything back saying it's approved.  The website shows they've received the money but they're still processing it.

A few days ago, I received an email from them that my own Nexus card was expiring soon (May, 2022) so that's about six months notice.  I renewed it  online right away so we'll see how long it takes.  I know they're giving extensions if you renew before your card expires, so I'm not too concerned but makes me wonder why some people get them so quickly and it takes forever for others. Hopefully we won't need another interview. 

Got the letter re upcoming expiry (summer). Renewed online....... word of warning, it is a convoluted process as HS has changed their cards/format. We had to make a new online account at log in gov site. All is done, credit card payment made, and now await any need for an inperson interview (if needed). To my understanding they are honouring cards until offices open etc. 

I don't know if the unperson offices are open yet??? Or if we even need an interview. 

While you are awaiting the process of your renewal (which can take weeks according to their warning), you must check your gov on line acct to check any further directions (ie interview).