Hair Dryer Question

itzfitz

Is it hardwired, or plug?  120 or 220v. DW has a 220v hairdryer with straight pin plugs. I’ll try and talk her out of taking it, as most higher end hotels provide as well.

On the O class are there extra electric outlets, enough, where,  and what type?

On 11/3/2021 at 12:50 PM, itzfitz said:

Does anyone have insight into the type of hairdryer that Oceania provides?  And, if so, do you have a picture of it?  Deciding whether to bring my own or use theirs.

Thanks in advance.

You should be aware of the list of items that are NOT to be brought onboard.  They can be found in the FAQ section "Before You Go."  Item 21 says:

Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, flat irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating/hot plates, etc.

You can do your own interpretation as to whether it applies to hair dryers.

The link to the full list is below.  It's an interesting list.

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005475473-What-Not-To-Bring-On-Board

Fourteen cruises on O and I always bring my own hairdryer -- no problem regarding what's stated in the FAQ section.  The hairdryer provided onboard is probably fine, though I've noted a variety of different ones so I prefer to simply bring my own.  If you're not picky, it's probably fine.  

5 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

You should be aware of the list of items that are NOT to be brought onboard.  They can be found in the FAQ section "Before You Go."  Item 21 says:

Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, flat irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating/hot plates, etc.

I do not  think the hairdryer is in the list

some people may try to bring strange items like hot plates  etc..that to me is a heating element