Edge Celebrity Suite - Noisy Below Luminae?

BW767

DW and I are planning to book an Australia/NZ cruise in an Edge Celebrity Suite.    Our preference is to book the port side, as it should be facing shore most of the time, but we are concerned about possible noise from Luminae.  Anyone have any first hand experience in the Celebrity Suites located directly below Luminae?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Have not been in that one but you might check the sticky at the top of the treads for Edge.   

Personally I wouldn't worry about the side of the ship to see the Coast as 98+%  of the time you will be far enough from the coast you will not be able to see it.  

I would choose port or starboard dependent on how much sun you wish on you Veranda

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BW767 said:

DW and I are planning to book an Australia/NZ cruise in an Edge Celebrity Suite.    Our preference is to book the port side, as it should be facing shore most of the time, but we are concerned about possible noise from Luminae.  Anyone have any first hand experience in the Celebrity Suites located directly below Luminae?

Thanks.

We never book port side since all the smoking areas are on the port side, read too many complaints of cruisers veranda time being spoiled.

We typically book starboard side because of the smoke issue but booked port side on Edge because of the Magic Carpet.  There have been complaints about noise and vibrations on the starboard side suites likely due to the tracks from the Magic Carpet.  We never had issues with smoke on the port side and I’m very sensitive to the smell of smoke.

Thanks for the replies - hadn't considered the smoking section but sounds like it wouldn't be an issue.   FWIW we were on the Starboard side of the Apex in a C1 cabin this summer and never heard or felt anything from the Magic Carpet.

We sailed on the Edge's Celebrity Suite on the October 9th sailing.  We had cabin 11101, port side and under Luminae.  No noise, no disturbance from Luminae, no smoke on the balcony.  The only downside, at least on our cruise, we always docked on the starboard side.  We have since booked a CS on the Apex for January, and will be on the starboard side.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lggfly said:

We sailed on the Edge's Celebrity Suite on the October 9th sailing.  We had cabin 11101, port side and under Luminae.  No noise, no disturbance from Luminae, no smoke on the balcony.  The only downside, at least on our cruise, we always docked on the starboard side.  We have since booked a CS on the Apex for January, and will be on the starboard side.

Thanks, Iggfly - that's the info I was looking for.