Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

34 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Bahamas couldn’t make up their mind and too late to figure out shore excursions, so captain just announced that tomorrow will be a sea day. A small number of new positive cases.

We will try to make the most of our last day onboard!

New positive cases…..? Passengers or crew?  How many total now?

• Like 1

Given all the cancelled ports, and knowing it is certainly out of Azamara’s control, I am curious as to whether Azamara (or any other lines in similar positions) is offering all of you any compensation/FCC, for all the sea days?  I truly applaud all of you for your flexibility and positive attitude during all of this. 

3 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

New positive cases…..? Passengers or crew?  How many total now?

Captains announcement this evening indicated 21 pax and 35 crew have tested positive, keeping in mind that most of the newer crew positives were already in quarantine as “close contacts”,  therefore their continued isolation doesn’t increase the number of staff who are “offline”. It’s not clear to me how many crew remain in quarantine as negative “close contacts”… I’m thinking 15-30 based on previous updates, but just a guess.  Captain also repeated that all cases continue to be very mild symptoms.  Hoping for the best for all affected pax and crew 🙏

Meantime, all remaining crew have done a tremendous job delivering excellent service, even under these circumstances.   We are so grateful for their efforts, and hope the situation improves dramatically in the coming days and weeks. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Given all the cancelled ports, and knowing it is certainly out of Azamara’s control, I am curious as to whether Azamara (or any other lines in similar positions) is offering all of you any compensation/FCC, for all the sea days?  I truly applaud all of you for your flexibility and positive attitude during all of this. 

I’d be a winner on that cruise, we’ve missed port insurance in our travel policy.  
Maybe the reactions to the experience depends on 

a.  Do you normally live in a warm place or are you subject to painfully freezing weather at this time of year?

b.  Are you someone who has to be in control or can you go with the flow?

c. How restricted has your day to day life been and for how long in the last two years?

d. How extensive are restrictions back home for you right now?

e.  Are you able to manage expectations/focus on glass full rather than empty?

I’m sure there’s a behavioural research project somewhere in this. 

For what it’s worth, I’d still get on a cruise to nowhere today, it’s the flights that make me more nervous.  And hopefully asymptomatic becomes acceptable to the authorities soon - after all we all have bad germs in our gut but have cruised with precautions on that score for years. 

• Like 10

13 hours ago, JWayne60 said:

No new update yet (that I’m aware of) on the exact number of crew still offline (due to positive test or close contact), however, I can say that service has still been excellent. 

For whatever it’s worth, Captain said this current cruise was at 586 pax about a week prior to departure, but final number onboard was 517, nationality breakdown from front desk attached. 

6BA80768-FF2D-4DEC-B77E-B18F8162B7B5.jpeg

Thank you for your response. 

Edited by Realaleforme

7 hours ago, uktog said:

I’d be a winner on that cruise, we’ve missed port insurance in our travel policy.  
Maybe the reactions to the experience depends on 

a.  Do you normally live in a warm place or are you subject to painfully freezing weather at this time of year?

b.  Are you someone who has to be in control or can you go with the flow?

c. How restricted has your day to day life been and for how long in the last two years?

d. How extensive are restrictions back home for you right now?

e.  Are you able to manage expectations/focus on glass full rather than empty?

I’m sure there’s a behavioural research project somewhere in this. 

For what it’s worth, I’d still get on a cruise to nowhere today, it’s the flights that make me more nervous.  And hopefully asymptomatic becomes acceptable to the authorities soon - after all we all have bad germs in our gut but have cruised with precautions on that score for years. 

Thanks for the reminder! I think I have missed port compensation on my policy too. They did refund port charges, and are allowing purchased shore excursion OBC to be used for other shipboard purchases. No other compensation, and frankly, I didn’t expect any.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Thanks for the reminder! I think I have missed port compensation on my policy too. They did refund port charges, and are allowing purchased shore excursion OBC to be used for other shipboard purchases. No other compensation, and frankly, I didn’t expect any.

Another well known cruise line with all the same problems has offered full cruise refund to all with all on board expenses wiped out and a future cruise credit.  It is not a cruise line I would choose but that is really impressive.  I would have expected a better response from Azamara.

3 minutes ago, beachmudhut said:

Another well known cruise line with all the same problems has offered full cruise refund to all with all on board expenses wiped out and a future cruise credit.  It is not a cruise line I would choose but that is really impressive.  I would have expected a better response from Azamara.

Correction:    This applied to all those affected by having to isolate - not the whole ship!

14 minutes ago, futian said:

Just noticed that it looks as if Journey has missed its last 2 ports of call in the Canaries.

I may have missed it, but does anyone know the reason for this? 

post on Azamara UK Facebook page says "the call to la gomera has been cancelled due to high winds around the port' (also had video from sail out from port yesterday so not sure what other port was missed)

14 minutes ago, Scots Caz said:

post on Azamara UK Facebook page says "the call to la gomera has been cancelled due to high winds around the port' (also had video from sail out from port yesterday so not sure what other port was missed)

It was probably also the weather that caused the ship to sail past El Herrio, the other missed port.

Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

Can I ask how many ports did you actually get off?  The reason I like Azamara are the ports they go to and my cruise in 2 weeks have 2 I love.  St John and Virgin Gorda.  But I hear BVI is not letting many people off.  I can't imagine having almost 60 people on board with Covid is going to help any situation.  I wonder if they will cancel the next cruise or two?

2 hours ago, beachmudhut said:

Correction:    This applied to all those affected by having to isolate - not the whole ship!

26 minutes ago, nacho21 said:

Do passengers get tested every day or at every port?  Everyone is tested at embarkation, right? Are people allowed to board if they test positive??

Passengers are tested at embarkation and not allowed to board if positive. Other testing happens if required by port.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

And some in their rooms when the deck 4 cabins were full

The cabins on 4, they have a porthole or a full window? And is it correct that one is quarantined alone, not with one's spouse?

48 minutes ago, Rotenmutts said:

Can I ask how many ports did you actually get off?  The reason I like Azamara are the ports they go to and my cruise in 2 weeks have 2 I love.  St John and Virgin Gorda.  But I hear BVI is not letting many people off.  I can't imagine having almost 60 people on board with Covid is going to help any situation.  I wonder if they will cancel the next cruise or two?

We got off in St. Thomas, St. Lucia, St. Martin, Dominica, Barbados, and Tortola (cruise excursion only), and Antigua. The Grenadines and Key West were scrapped and became sea days. Tortola and Antigua were itinerary changes for San Juan and St. Kitts.I *think* I have that more or less straight. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, beachmudhut said:

If I test positive for SARS-COV-2 right before my cruise, at the terminal, or on the cruise, what is your compensation policy and what associated costs are covered?

Guests sailing on or before April 30, 2022 have the following reassurance at no extra charge.

• A 100% Future Cruise Credit will be provided for any guest who tests positive within two weeks of their sail date, as well as any members of their immediate traveling party who choose to cancel.
  • If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, you will be entitled to either a partial or full FCC or refund for the amount paid, depending on the situation. Azamara will also cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard. Guests must comply with travel requirements, health and safety protocols in order to be eligible for this reassurance.
  • Like 2