Ventura N123

hollyjess

33 minutes ago, hollyjess said:

Our daughter is currently   on Ventura. Should have been going to Madeira today. They have been diverted to Gran Canaria to disembark 2passengers. Then sailing for Vigo. Has anyone heard why the change of iitinerary.

A newspaper in Funchal reporting they have cases on board and not welcome there……… allegedly🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hollyjess said:

Our daughter is currently   on Ventura. Should have been going to Madeira today. They have been diverted to Gran Canaria to disembark 2passengers. Then sailing for Vigo. Has anyone heard why the change of iitinerary.

I have read the same as Manx Buoy. It may also be due to loss of time spent disembarking passengers at Las Palmas. Unfortunately this happens at the best of times, and we are not in the best of times at the moment…

Hi again. Just heard from daughter on Ventura. Apparently 2cases of virus found and disembarked in Gran Canaria. As mentioned Madeira will not allow Ventura to dock. Lots of people on board complaint as bus trip in Lanzarote the coach broke down and passengers had to sit in bus for 4hours! Daughter says the ship now going very fast so will be in Vigo before tuesday.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hollyjess said:

Hi again. Just heard from daughter on Ventura. Apparently 2cases of virus found and disembarked in Gran Canaria. As mentioned Madeira will not allow Ventura to dock. Lots of people on board complaint as bus trip in Lanzarote the coach broke down and passengers had to sit in bus for 4hours! Daughter says the ship now going very fast so will be in Vigo before tuesday.

Going back to Las Palmas, Gran Canaria now

F71AE9E4-498C-4DB7-AC53-C899F448DC08.jpeg

This must be a big disappointment for many of those onboard Ventura.  We've done those cruises a few times, but Madeira has always been the real highspot - frankly we'd both have been happy to spend most or all of the cruise there.  To have missed it would have been a huge disappointment, but I suppose it's just another of the additional hazards when cruising at the moment.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, hollyjess said:

Perhaps they will have an extra day in Vigo.

If I was onboard, that would be the last of my preferred options. We have been there twice and found it completely uninspiring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hollyjess said:

Officer of the watch just announced they are 700 miles from Vigo so will be the

re earlier than planned.

Must be a glitch with MarineTraffic AIS then according to that she’s back alongside 🤷‍♂️

783AC809-A388-4080-B74C-E3CE470738AA.jpeg

I suppose at the moment, you pay your money and take your chances with any holiday on land or at sea. I hope that things settle and that everyone manages to have a good few days on board and that the sun shines to make up for the disappointment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

I don’t mind Vigo. Not among my favourites but I quite like the Samil beach area. 

I must admit, last time we were there, a chilly Jan 2019, we wandered about the old town for a bit which was quite pleasant.  Unfortunately all the bars in that part of town were shut.  Ended up in a modern place down a side street from the main road in town. Couple of drinks with some complimentary freshly made tortilla went down well, and wi-fi.

This time I've got a wallet full of Bulgarian Lev to change into Euros, and Vigo is first port of call.  So Vigo will be getting that business, and hopefully the bars in the old town will be open for us to contribute further to the local economy.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I would have been happier with an extra day in the Canaries where it's likely to be warmer with more daylight.

Me too! But just pointing out that there’s more to Vigo than we originally thought on our first visit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I must admit, last time we were there, a chilly Jan 2019, we wandered about the old town for a bit which was quite pleasant.  Unfortunately all the bars in that part of town were shut.  Ended up in a modern place down a side street from the main road in town. Couple of drinks with some complimentary freshly made tortilla went down well, and wi-fi.

This time I've got a wallet full of Bulgarian Lev to change into Euros, and Vigo is first port of call.  So Vigo will be getting that business, and hopefully the bars in the old town will be open for us to contribute further to the local economy.

And after that, you won’t remember where you were!! (Just joking of course). 

• Like 1