Full capacity

SKYYcamel

On 11/10/2021 at 1:20 AM, BlerkOne said:

Carnival continues to add cruising capacity as each ship rejoins the fleet. That will be coming to an end.

Any word on a Southern Caribbean cruise route resuming?

Out of San Juan PR, down thru the islands to Barbados -and back?

It used to look like this..pre-Covid

South Carib itin-NEW.png

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

Any word on a Southern Caribbean cruise route resuming?

Out of San Juan PR, down thru the islands to Barbados -and back?

It used to look like this..pre-Covid

South Carib itin-NEW.png

Carnival cancelled all cruises initiating in San Juan PRIOR to the onset of Covid-19.  There's no indication at this time that they are considering restarting.  Obviously things change over time and due to the pandemic but nothing has even been rumored.

3 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Carnival cancelled all cruises initiating in San Juan PRIOR to the onset of Covid-19.

There's no indication at this time that they are considering restarting. 

Obviously things change over time and due to the pandemic

but nothing has even been rumored.

Not the news I was hoping to hear -but thanks anyway!

I believe Carnival came to  realize that using the smaller (older) ships

made more sense, demand-wise

- which is why we had Fascination on the route, last ship.

Barbados island residents, and P.Ricans too

..used to take advantage of this route

but PR is a ways more to fly, from mainland USA,

and that factors in to demand for this 'faraway' route.

Here's is Fascination docking at Barbados, some years ago.

Fascination-830A.jpg

Fascination-858.JPG

On 11/10/2021 at 3:43 AM, ontheweb said:

Thank you for that perspective coming from an actual crew member. Cabin size and limited closet space was never mentioned in any of the discussions of gifts to crew members.

As a fun squad member does he share in the pooled tips?

To my knowledge, he does not receive tips. It’s Fun Squad after all, paid to have offer fun activities with all the guests! 🥰 Honestly, as a cruiser I just wouldn’t think to tip the Team, the Playlist Production members etc. Maybe that’s just me. 

I will say that the comments are shown to the Team members/Crew of Carnival. Positive & not so positive, the Squad sees them. They make a difference!  We’re very proud of our son. 

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

On 11/9/2021 at 10:31 PM, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

As a Fun Squad Member he isn’t tipped.   But, we’ve talked as a family about such things. Cash. Why? There is very little room in the crew quarters, plus you share that tiny cabin with another person. Bunk beds, tiny closet. And shared tiny bathroom. No exaggeration.

On 11/10/2021 at 6:43 AM, ontheweb said:

Thank you for that perspective coming from an actual crew member. Cabin size and limited closet space was never mentioned in any of the discussions of gifts to crew members.

As a fun squad member does he share in the pooled tips?

Cabin limited space for the crew has been mentioned quite often in postings about giving gifts to the crew.  Most people have said that cash is best because a lot of the trinkets that are given are just thrown away.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

To my knowledge, he does not receive tips. It’s Fun Squad after all, paid to have offer fun activities with all the guests! 🥰 Honestly, as a cruiser I just wouldn’t think to tip the Team, the Playlist Production members etc. Maybe that’s just me. 

I will say that the comments are shown to the Team members/Crew of Carnival. Positive & not so positive, the Squad sees them. They make a difference!  We’re very proud of our son. 

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

I did not mean tips directly from guests; what I was asking was does he and the other members of the fun squad share in the pooled tips.

On 11/8/2021 at 9:17 PM, Markmom18 said:

I just spoke to our son who is working on the Panorama. A couple of general things he mentioned:

* He estimates 99% of guests wear masks. But that 1% are “vocalizing their opinion on the mask mandates”. Something he wished he didn’t have to deal with, but remind guests he must (when entering a certain Mask Mandated area of the ship).

* Was told the ship is cruising with over 3,000 guests. As comparison, when my hubby & I cruised mid September we were at 2200-2400 guests. 

* Lastly, just having a great time .. CD Lee is the best!! 

🛳🛳

99% wear masks?  Do you mean inside walking around?   I sure hope not while outside.   We’re fully vax’d with booster and don’t want to wear masks unless required.  (I can hardly think, see, or hear with a mask on. )

Edited by BamaMomRollTide

1 hour ago, BamaMomRollTide said:

We’re cruising Valor out of NOLA in less than 2 weeks (Mon-Sat).  I hope it’s not full.  I wish there was a way to know.

I just looked at what cabins are available for the sailing on Monday the 29th. There appear to be few balconies available, so I assume they're sailing at close to their current threshold. 

For perspective, I've been on three sailings since the restart and performed the same exercise with each so I'd have a general idea of what to expect. On two of the sailings there were many balconies available and we were informed on the cruise that they were at about 55%, and they felt it! On our most recent sailing last month, there were few balconies available and we were informed they were right at 70% (their threshold at the time).

There are still plenty of Interior options on your sailing but that's likely because the balconies weren't much more expensive (or even the same price) based on some of the awesome offers many of us have recently received. 

In any case, it's likely your sailing will be capped and you'll still appreciate the shorter lines and additional elbow room throughout the ship. Happy sailing :-)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CruiseBro16 said:

I was recently on the Breeze and it felt pretty normal capacity wise. Don't have any official numbers though. 

On Breeze now, middle of b3b. The ship feels nearly full. It’s steadily increasing, we’ve been told.

56 minutes ago, newpherchris said:

I just looked at what cabins are available for the sailing on Monday the 29th. There appear to be few balconies available, so I assume they're sailing at close to their current threshold. 

For perspective, I've been on three sailings since the restart and performed the same exercise with each so I'd have a general idea of what to expect. On two of the sailings there were many balconies available and we were informed on the cruise that they were at about 55%, and they felt it! On our most recent sailing last month, there were few balconies available and we were informed they were right at 70% (their threshold at the time).

There are still plenty of Interior options on your sailing but that's likely because the balconies weren't much more expensive (or even the same price) based on some of the awesome offers many of us have recently received. 

In any case, it's likely your sailing will be capped and you'll still appreciate the shorter lines and additional elbow room throughout the ship. Happy sailing 🙂

Thanks!  

I’m gonna call and see if I can get upgraded to a balcony.

Edited by BamaMomRollTide

56 minutes ago, newpherchris said:

In any case, it's likely your sailing will be capped and you'll still appreciate the shorter lines and additional elbow room throughout the ship. Happy sailing 🙂

Are you a TA?  How are you seeing what cabins are available for that sailing?

6 minutes ago, BamaMomRollTide said:

Are you a TA?  How are you seeing what cabins are available for that sailing?

I'm not a TA - I just go to Carnival's website and pretend to make a booking - as long as you select one of the rates that allow you to choose your own cabin, you can browse through the different cabin types and ship floors. Note that for any segment they show (For example - midship, Verandah floor), they'll only show a max of 10 available cabins, even if more are available. For example, I just checked on the Magic and it shows 10 balcony cabins available on one of the lower floors; my guess is there are more but they won't show up until someone books the others first. 

On your sailing, there was only one floor that had any balconies in the middle of the ship, and only 2 or 3 balcony cabins showed up for two people - that suggests that they're close to reaching their capacity. There were several floors on your sailing that had no balcony cabins available at all. 

I am VERY particular about my cabin location, which is why I usually book on Carnival's website. However, if the price is right they can stick me anywhere 😉 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BamaMomRollTide said:

99% wear masks?  Do you mean inside walking around?   I sure hope not while outside.   We’re fully vax’d with booster and don’t want to wear masks unless required.  (I can hardly think, see, or hear with a mask on. )

I'm reading this as 99% compliance with the mask requirements (which do not include masks 100% of the time inside the ship).

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

I'm reading this as 99% compliance with the mask requirements (which do not include masks 100% of the time inside the ship).

Ok, they’re 99% compliant when masks are required...and they’re rarely required...I think when at port and walking into and out of restaurants.

10 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

ScottsSweetie thank you. I think you have haloed me out before. I guess I write how speak. I don’t mean to confuse. 

But, to clarify we saw INSIDE most everybody was masked. NOT including the Lido Buffet and MDR. This meant the shops, the walkways meandering through the different public areas & the cabin hallways. People wore masks. 😷

We didn’t go in the bars, so have no idea. But, people are drinking so …   Of course, Outside, not so much … we ARE outside in the fresh ocean air, right. 😁😁  

It sure seems the ships are cruising with lots more people now.  For anyone going cruising shortly, take the advice of those JUST off the ships. 

We all know the Covid protocols seem like a pretty fluid situation. Or at the least the interpretation is one of much debate!

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BamaMomRollTide said:

Ok, they’re 99% compliant when masks are required...and they’re rarely required...I think when at port and walking into and out of restaurants.

For my Halloween Cruise on the Miracle I got off the ship in Ensenada and went on the Lobster Shopping & Lunch Excursion provided by Carnival. Everyone, 100%, kept their mask on the bus.  Of course, no masks in the restaurant.

😷😷😷  Our guide & bus driver, the shop keepers. I didn’t keep a journal 🤣 but seemed to me most locals were masked, like what I see here where I live.  

I think if it’s a big deal to wear a mask on a Carnival cruise, I would think of another vacation idea. Unsolicited advice I know.

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

H BigGuy,

Sure wish I was on the ship too!  

I noticed people, like me, would leave their cabins masks in hand. Putting them on.

I was more into what time does Trivia start & where do I ho  😁, then thinking …

”NOW … I’m in “this” Zone do I put On or Take Off my mask.”

Put it on when I leave my cabin  and take off when I eat, drink or am outside enjoying that sea breeze & sunshine❣️

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18

17 minutes ago, Markmom18 said:

ScottsSweetie thank you. I think you have haloed me out before. I guess I write how speak. I don’t mean to confuse. 

But, to clarify we saw INSIDE most everybody was masked. NOT including the Lido Buffet and MDR. This meant the shops, the walkways meandering through the different public areas & the cabin hallways. People wore masks. 😷

We didn’t go in the bars, so have no idea. But, people are drinking so …   Of course, Outside, not so much … we ARE outside in the fresh ocean air, right. 😁😁  

It sure seems the ships are cruising with lots more people now.  For anyone going cruising shortly, take the advice of those JUST off the ships. 

We all know the Covid protocols seem like a pretty fluid situation. Or at the least the interpretation is one of much debate!

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Well, that's interesting. On the September 4 cruise, I would say it was about 50/50 when walking through halls and in areas where masking is not required. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out next week. And I saw from your earlier post that Panorama is now sailing at higher capacity than in September, so we'll see how that goes.

14 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I did not mean tips directly from guests; what I was asking was does he and the other members of the fun squad share in the pooled tips.

Unless I’ve been misunderstanding Mark, the Fun Squad is not given Tips. So, there is nothing ($$) to pool. Now, does that mean that someone has tipped a Squad Member at some point during Carnival Cruise history?? Heck if I know! 🤪

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

4 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Well, that's interesting. On the September 4 cruise, I would say it was about 50/50 when walking through halls and in areas where masking is not required. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out next week. And I saw from your earlier post that Panorama is now sailing at higher capacity than in September, so we'll see how that goes.

Scott’s, ya know maybe it’s like when you get a new car. Suddenly you notice how many of YOUR car is out there on road!   My hubby & I didn’t know what to expect given the political climate regarding masking up. So, when we saw the majority of guests masked, it was a great surprise! 

Of course, everything these days is subject to change. We go back in March on the Panorama, who knows by then?? Love the ship and will be thrilled to be onboard with Mark.  🥰

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 1